: Can't shift into 4th after revshift tranny insert.... help

platinum_V
07-31-13, 11:29 AM
I installed revshift craddle, diff and tranny bushings. Finally took the car for a test drive and it won't shift into 4th. It shifts into 4th fine when I'm not moving, but when I'm driving it just sounds like its not grabbing the gear. Any suggestions?

I do have an aftermarket shifter but can't remember the name, the previous owner put it in.

NickL84
07-31-13, 11:59 AM
It sounds like something is out of alignment, and when you're driving, that's when it puts the greatest difference on the drive train. I would recheck every bushing and make sure they fully seated first. I know a few others on here will chime in eventually, as this has been mentioned before.

HAMSTAR
07-31-13, 12:12 PM
Some people have reported interference with the old design PISNUOFF shifter. Post a pic so we can see if that's why you've got.

platinum_V
07-31-13, 12:43 PM
I thinl I figured it out... I took the actual mount off the tranny, so when I put it back on, I guess I messed up the alignment of the mount/tranny?

I'm going back under to raise my tranny and tighten the bolts from the mount to the tranny without it resting on the crossmember.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a PISSUOFF shifter, the previous owner told me what it was before and I know it wasn't from PISS.

----------

Nope. Made it worse, now its hard getting into 2nd also.

PISNUOFF
07-31-13, 01:03 PM
The shifter/linkage is hitting the boss on the top of the transmission or the driveshaft. There have been enough debates about who's part does what to make it hit. Lets just leave it at most aftermarket shifters hit when used in combination with the Revshift trans insert or the UUC trans mount.

You should first make sure the nylon pivot ball housing is flipped upside down inside the bezel. This will raise the entire assembly almost 1/4" and most likely fix your issue. If not, there are a couple other things you can try.

Here are two pics of the different positions of the nylon housing and how it effects the pivot ball height.

Stock:

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l586/bruckde/null-53.jpg

Inverted/upside down:

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l586/bruckde/null-52.jpg

platinum_V
07-31-13, 01:15 PM
Ok ill try flipping the pivot ball first..

Can I get to that from inside the car?

Nvm. Already did it and now I'm putting it all back together. Hopefully it worked

platinum_V
07-31-13, 02:52 PM
Thanks a lot PISNUOFF! It fixed the problem completely!

The car feels amazing now! Its incredible the difference that a couple of bushings make. It shifts better/easier, handles better and no wheelhop at all! For only $250 for all, you can't really ask for more.

Congrats Revshift ; you have another satisfied customer.

nikon
07-31-13, 07:56 PM
http://tpis.com/

S (http://tpis.com/)hifter is from them. Just a modified stock shifter.

platinum_V
07-31-13, 09:44 PM
Thanks justin. I got it all working great now. You should have done this! The car drives like a totally different car. Its amazing

VscharesV
08-01-13, 02:01 AM
I did all of the bushings also, and have zero wheel hop as well. Do you have aftermarket axles? I honestly don't think the axles are needed to fix the wheel hop.

lollygagger8
08-01-13, 09:32 AM
I did all of the bushings also, and have zero wheel hop as well. Do you have aftermarket axles? I honestly don't think the axles are needed to fix the wheel hop.

Easy killer.

What tires do you have?

PISNUOFF
08-01-13, 10:14 AM
Thanks a lot PISNUOFF! It fixed the problem completely! ...

Glad it worked.

VscharesV
08-01-13, 10:15 AM
Haha figured that would ruffle some feathers. Goodyear eagle gs-d3 270's with around 7/32's

PISNUOFF
08-01-13, 11:32 AM
It makes sense that stiffer cradle bushings will help with wheel hop. That was GM's fix with the nylon inserts for the '04-05's.

JFensty
08-01-13, 09:10 PM
I have almost no hop with the cradle bushings and stock axles. No fear of doing burnouts with 150k. That being said, my burn out marks do show signs of possible hop, even though it is not felt.

PISNUOFF
08-01-13, 11:43 PM
The axles and suspension absorb it instead of twisting up the subframe and bouncing it off the body.

lollygagger8
08-02-13, 11:12 AM
Well I don't believe any of you until I see a burnout video....:lildevil:

EdmundGTP
08-02-13, 04:13 PM
Well I don't believe any of you until I see a burnout video....:lildevil:

x2!!!!!!

VscharesV
08-07-13, 07:00 AM
I will make one this weekend. :)

JFensty
08-07-13, 12:09 PM
Well, I do have new tires in my garage.....

rjm27
08-11-13, 10:47 PM
Thought I would chime in here, same result (burnout joy - finally) with just revshift cradle, trailing arm, and diff bushings. No axles. Car is otherwise mostly stock. UMI motor mounts. Before cradle bushings I had massive wheel hop problems. Post hop, burnout and donut joy. Oh, and I need some new tires ;)