: 08 escalade winter wheels/tires

02caddilade
07-31-13, 07:05 AM
My 08 escalade came with the factory 22" wheels, I need a smaller wheel that can run regular size tires. We get alot of snow here and have a harsh winter, last winter things got pretty hairy trying to drive through a snow storm on those wide street tires. Can i take stock Yukon/Tahoe/suburban wheels from the same years or other years and run them on my escalade without hurting anything? I know I could put the factory 18" escalade wheels on but I can't find any affordable ones. Thanks!

hcvone
07-31-13, 01:59 PM
Yes they will have the same offsets, keep checking ebay and you will find Caddy wheels cheap, I have found them new for under 100 each with caps

evois
08-03-13, 02:44 PM
I had the same dilemma before. But after a snow storm/blizzard in IL, I realize how capable the escalade is even with the 22's and dueler H/L alenzas. I have the hybrid however with selectable 4wd, which can be the same for the AWD regular escalade if gear selection is 1 or 2.

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f69/thanks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-thanks-onstar-28709/

bigwill1323704
08-04-13, 02:04 AM
Get 20"s factory's

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/bigwill1323704/null_zps75f05997.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/bigwill1323704/null_zpsd2df6b9d.png

andre_outlaw
08-06-13, 08:33 PM
I run 22" KMC black slides on stock bridgstone tires..... no problems here and I doubt your winter is any worse than mine.

hcvone
08-07-13, 06:00 AM
I run 22" KMC black slides on stock bridgstone tires..... no problems here and I doubt your winter is any worse than mine.

Were we live in upstate NY you can't get out of our driveway with the stock 22's, I have tried many times, but we get snow by the foot, and many feet at a time, the stock 22's are ok for minor snow and if the area is flat, but the biggest problem with the stock 22's is stopping in the snow, I am talking real snow not the few inches we get in PA ;)

BEarle
08-07-13, 09:43 AM
We had one of the worse winters here in MA this past year and I drove fine on my 24 inch OEM replicas, I had no problems whatsoever. I think it depends a lot on the tires.

K9Caddy
08-08-13, 01:31 PM
Were we live in upstate NY you can't get out of our driveway with the stock 22's, I have tried many times, but we get snow by the foot, and many feet at a time, the stock 22's are ok for minor snow and if the area is flat, but the biggest problem with the stock 22's is stopping in the snow, I am talking real snow not the few inches we get in PA ;)

Well, if thats the case, the Escalade would be the last vehicle I would drive. Maybe you should look at a snowmobile instead? Also, why in the hell are you out driving in that much snow? ;)

lbrowne
08-09-13, 12:52 PM
We have 22s for most of the year with Bridgestone all-seasons and then a set of factory 18s with a great winter tire mounted for the cold months. The truck will climb trees with those I swear. (I believe they're Toyo Observe g-02s or something)

andre_outlaw
08-12-13, 10:42 PM

I live in Northern Ontario Canada, I know for a fact I get more snow than you and I still have no problem with the stock 22's while pulling a 20 foot cargo trailer full of snowmobiles!!..... by the time your at the beach in the spring...i'm still out riding my sled!!!