: 07+ transfer case compatible with 06 Escalade?

mikedyk43
07-31-13, 01:52 AM
I have an 06 base AWD Escalade and I believe my transfer case is worn to the point of needing a rebuild. I found an AWD transfer case out of an 08 on Craigslist for $200. Less then it would cost just for the parts to rebuild mine. Does anyone know what the difference between the newer models and ours is and if there is any reason why this would/would not work?

mikedyk43
08-05-13, 03:10 AM
For anyone that was interested in the answer to this question, I wound up buying a transfer case from an 08 Denali AWD (50k miles) and there were a few differences. There was no threaded hole for the speed sensor, the input shaft had a larger fitting (would need larger output shaft from transmission). I also noticed that the internal chain and gears were about 2-3 links wider. Front half of the case was practically identical and all bearings and seals were the same. I used the input shaft, rear case half and shaft with speed sensor fins from my original and mated them with the rest of the 08 T-case and installed. Works very nicely. ..

the cadillac man
08-05-13, 03:36 AM
For anyone that was interested in the answer to this question, I wound up buying a transfer case from an 08 Denali AWD (50k miles) and there were a few differences. There was no threaded hole for the speed sensor, the input shaft had a larger fitting (would need larger output shaft from transmission). I also noticed that the internal chain and gears were about 2-3 links wider. Front half of the case was practically identical and all bearings and seals were the same. I used the input shaft, rear case half and shaft with speed sensor fins from my original and mated them with the rest of the 08 T-case and installed. Works very nicely. ..

That's great to now mike as I am getting up in mileage on my 03(almost 170,000) and I am surprised that my trucks drivetrain has lasted this long)