: New Shock Install now alarms in dash????

LABRADOR WARRIOR
07-30-13, 04:46 PM
Just installed 2 rear OEM replacement air shocks for my 07 Escalade.Everything went perfect..started up rig to back out of shop,,now I have 2 lights on in the dash ABS and traction control..WTF?? What could be causing this??. I hate to see a light on in a dash that doesn't belong there..

any ideas?
Thanks

LW
:banghead:

sdgc
07-30-13, 04:54 PM
Was there any wires you had to disconnect?

Ran-Dom32
07-30-13, 04:59 PM
check the top of frame rail... when you pulled out the upper shock bolts I bet you accidently unplugged the wheel sensor, the same thing happened to me *both sides* I freaked out

LABRADOR WARRIOR
07-30-13, 10:52 PM
Did not see any wires unplugged but I'll double check again tomorrow

Thanks

----------

the only wires I unplugged were the wires to top of the shocks

AINTNOFORD
07-30-13, 11:51 PM
Drive around town for a few miles. If the lights don't go out, disconnect the neg cable for 15 to 20 mins as this will reset any codes stored. Had this happen when I changed the brakes on my 2005 EXT. When the vehicle is up in the air and the shocks fully extended, it stored those trouble codes.

LABRADOR WARRIOR
07-31-13, 01:01 PM
everything checked ok and there are no wires unplugged..also unhooked battery for 30 mins and the ABS and traction control lights/warnings are still on
guess I have to get a dealer to hook up computer to tell me whats wrong??

----------

nearest dealer is 245km away (150 miles approx.)

blackex
07-31-13, 01:05 PM
Try give it a drive around for a few miles and then turning it off and starting it back up. Had this happen to me and I didn't replace the rear shocks when the warning messages popped up. After driving around for a while and then turning it off after getting home the message eventually went away.

LABRADOR WARRIOR
07-31-13, 03:44 PM
still the same

blackex
07-31-13, 03:46 PM
What about going through the car wash? lol might work?

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-31-13, 08:06 PM
Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get the alarms cleared on your own and that your nearest dealer is so far away, Labrador. If you need additional support as you work with a dealership, GM of Canada is available to you at 1-888-446-2000.

Regards,
Sarah (Assisting Laura)
Cadillac Customer Care

Ran-Dom32
08-01-13, 01:12 PM
I still think it's the harness above the frame rail, you can't see it, you have to reach up & feel around for the connection, near the upper shock bolts, squeeze & make sure they are tight on both sides

LABRADOR WARRIOR
08-01-13, 05:32 PM
Man I love this site..found problem..Thanks so much Ran-Dom32..found one of the harness connections on the frame rail like you suggested wasn't pushed together properly
My Escalade is alarm /warning light free

thanks so much:thumbsup:

Ran-Dom32
08-01-13, 10:32 PM
no problem , same thing happened to me... searched the net & came across a GMC forum & found the problem, it's such a relief when you can fix it yourself