: Wires in my tires... 2.0

Faith76
07-30-13, 02:53 PM
I am at the dealership service center right now. The tech and the manager walk up and the manager says "Faith, you have wires sticking out of your tires." The tech (suppressing laughter) says "Dude, those are curb feelers." :banghead:

----------

Anyway, I'm having my bushings looked at because I feel like I'm getting sea sick when I ride in the back. I'm also having them check the idle because of the unexpected acceleration I had in reverse.

Ranger
07-30-13, 02:59 PM
A service manager thought that curb feelers where "wires sticking out of your tires"? :bigroll: Did he even know what curb feelers where? How old is this guy?

Faith76
07-30-13, 03:09 PM
They were both mid 30s

dou1t2
07-30-13, 03:10 PM
old joke, a couple of weeks ago it was a constuction guy holding the stop sign...........still funny though!

The-Dullahan
07-30-13, 05:43 PM
Someone asked my friend Deanna about why her car's antennae were on bottom of her car.

He never grew those teeth back.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/The-Dullahan/IMG_4963.jpg

cadillac kevin
07-30-13, 06:22 PM
Someone asked my friend Deanna about why her car's antennae were on bottom of her car.

Why does an HHR have curb feelers and why does it look like a hearse? Theres not even room for a casket in one of those.

The-Dullahan
07-30-13, 07:04 PM
Because she doesn't own a real Hearse, like the rest of us, so she brought that.

I will admit, it is nowhere near the only HHR "Hearse" (Or PT Cruiser "Hearse") that I have ever seen.

Never asked why she had curb feelers. Probably because I knew what they were. I bet if I had never heard of them (Alternatively called "Granny Guards") I may have inquired.

There is a [glossy] black one that lives locally. It has blue flame paint airbrushed from the hood back and though it is the version with windows in each panel, it has a chrome landau bar decal over each of the side windows closest to the rear. Two Goth-looking chicks are always in it. The reason I am familiar with the driver/passenger is naturally because they stalk my Cadillac.

There is also this:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/The-Dullahan/IMG_4858.jpg

cadillac kevin
07-30-13, 07:55 PM
Floridians are weird. That is all.

Faith76
07-30-13, 08:19 PM
It's an old joke? Crap I wish I knew that. I've been getting annoyed. I guess people just like messing with me.

old joke, a couple of weeks ago it was a constuction guy holding the stop sign...........still funny though!

----------

[If this isn't already your lady, you should consider it. I'd like to take her to a concert.
QUOTE=The-Dullahan;10628249]Someone asked my friend Deanna about why her car's antennae were on bottom of her car.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/The-Dullahan/IMG_4963.jpg[/QUOTE]

Stingroo
07-30-13, 10:57 PM
I now want a matching HHR Panel SS....

I shall call it... the SS Minnow.

The-Dullahan
07-31-13, 12:27 AM
Dear God Ray...That is just genius. Someone buy this kid a Pizza.

Kevin, what makes you so sure everyone is Floridian? Actually, Deanna is one of those westward folk, originally migrating from Colorado. In fact, that is the only reason I met her. She was good friends with Josie, another friend who is originally from Denver. It's really weird to be walking through a massive facility, packed with people and passing by someone, causing each of you to do a double-take, because you recognized the other, but hardly ever expected to see them there, mostly because you live thousands of miles apart. Josie is actually one of the HearseClub.com members and one of the original Hearse Girls (An obvious choice, since she is a model)...However, as per Floridians being weird...well, yes. They creep me out plenty. So do you Missouri folk though.

You'd like this event though Kevin, as you'd fit right in. Bunch of us with our antique Cadillacs and all of the local Roller Derby girls come hang out too.

Faith. As for concerts, she has GREAT taste in music, I learned. It rained all weekend. Buckets really. So when it finally slightly cleared, we rushed out to all get together and do our thing. Naturally, my car brought the music to the show. As for the other half of your sentence...Outside of adoptive family, I have very few friends who are not classified as "My Lady". That small percentage is disqualified, due to them not actually being ladies.

I recall Night Wolf showing interest in her when a photo was posted in the past. Maybe I can marry her off to him.

I could only imagine the fuss I could cause if I posted more photos of my day-to-day life. The occasionally pop up when they are automobile related...or in the Random Pic thread, when I find them on my camera, I am in them and have to actually stop to wonder who took the photo.

EcSTSatic
07-31-13, 09:04 AM
Why does an HHR have curb feelers and why does it look like a hearse? Theres not even room for a casket in one of those.

Don't believe Randy Newman. Short people need to be planted too!

Faith76
07-31-13, 10:53 AM
Faith. As for concerts, she has GREAT taste in music, I learned. It rained all weekend. Buckets really. So when it finally slightly cleared, we rushed out to all get together and do our thing. Naturally, my car brought the music to the show. As for the other half of your sentence...Outside of adoptive family, I have very few friends who are not classified as "My Lady". That small percentage is disqualified, due to them not actually being ladies.

Man, I have lots of derby girl friends too. This chick could totally be my adopted sister. We could go to Reverend Horton Heat shows, Black Flag is touring again, I wish The Cramps were still alive and kicking...

cadillac kevin
07-31-13, 11:24 AM
Man, I have lots of derby girl friends too. This chick could totally be my adopted sister. We could go to Reverend Horton Heat shows, Black Flag is touring again, I wish The Cramps were still alive and kicking...

I too have lots of derby girl friends. Yay for derby!

The-Dullahan
07-31-13, 03:12 PM
I too have lots of derby girl friends. Yay for derby!

We know Kevin. that's how we got on the subject.

Deanna by the way is not a Roller Derby girl. She specializes in authentic fighting, not stage combat.

70eldo
08-02-13, 06:22 AM

Or pet hearse?

Hoosier Daddy
08-02-13, 07:42 AM
You're a little off there. Randy thinks they need to be planted SOON.

Faith76
08-02-13, 06:16 PM
Are they planted with legs first, like roots, or heads first, like bulbs?

Hoosier Daddy
08-02-13, 07:37 PM
Are they planted with legs first, like roots, or heads first, like bulbs?
Head first since their head is what defines their shortness. Otherwise short people would just be people who's feet don't reach the ground.

The-Dullahan
08-03-13, 04:46 AM
People whose feet do not reach the ground?

But...they are. At least the ones I've dealt with were.

----------

Or pet hearse?

Don't know about that but a friend had a Horse transported in her Hearse when it was still in service.

Stingroo
08-03-13, 07:29 AM
I'd be hoarse from all the puns that could be made out of that story.

...I'll see myself out.

The-Dullahan
08-04-13, 02:50 AM
*Clap, Clap*
Well played, but I more preferred your Performance Cotner-Bevington aspirations.

Don't quit your day job. Really, don't. It looks to be right up your alley.

Stingroo
08-04-13, 08:42 AM
OH. There's an idea!

I could talk to our acquisitions guy when I get more settled about finding me one of those.

Oooh.