: Would You Buy A Salvage Title V?

silverado_nolan
07-30-13, 02:24 PM
Hey guys, I have not been on here in a while as I sold my LS7 V last year.

I have missed it every single day and I want to get back into one.

What would you guys pay for a 2005 CTS-V Silver 90K miles. It was T-boned and everything has been repaired. All the body lines are perfect and well done. He also just put a texas speed and performance cam in it as well.

He took it off the market because he liked it too much and planned to keep it, but he said if I still want it, and I traveled all the way there, he would still sell it to me.

What would you guys pay, or would you shy away from this type of salvage??

Thank you guys very much. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Nolan

69stangscj
07-30-13, 03:23 PM
There's nothing wrong with a salvage car as long as it's fixed right, and the price is right in my mind.

rand49er
07-30-13, 03:34 PM
Not sure exactly, but definitely under $10k.

If you ever wanted to sell it, it would always have to be at a discount compared to a non-salvage titled V.

69stangscj
07-30-13, 04:27 PM
Not sure exactly, but definitely under $10k.

If you ever wanted to sell it, it would always have to be at a discount compared to a non-salvage titled V.
agreed

silverado_nolan
07-30-13, 05:17 PM
He said he would sell it for 10K and that is about my max budget. Do any non-salvage V's ever go for that low?

CTS-V_07
07-30-13, 06:57 PM
I have seen a 04 sell for 11,000 last year it had 135000 miles on it though. Just so you know mostly all banks will not finance on a rebuilt titled vehicle and some insurance company will not insure them. That's the only down side to them.

H-town_V
07-30-13, 10:10 PM
I deff remember seeing this car on Craigslist here in TX, I can't remember what city but I believe he had it advertised for $14000 if not more at some point. It did look clean in the photos tho.

dangrus
07-30-13, 10:13 PM
When I was looking at a salvaged title V, the bank didn't care as long as it had passed the Missouri DOT inspection to take it from salvage to prior salvaged title. It had to go through this process before it could be registered. I talked to my State Farm rep and they didn't care at all.

Most people don't want to deal with the possibility that something didn't get fixed correctly so it limits the amount of people that will consider buying it, which in turn lowers the value. Make sure you take it to a shop that knows how to fix salvaged cars and have them check it out. My personal opinion is that it should be discounted at least few grand less then a non-salvaged one if it was repaired correctly.

odla
07-30-13, 11:51 PM
Does he have records of how it was repaired?

Fastone27
07-31-13, 09:39 AM
I remember looking at an 2009 V that was on e-bay last month and it was a salvage title "flood car"! Some of you may have seen it. The guy presented it very well and even had several videos of it showing the car in detail and even went so far as to take the carpet out and show all the electronics.The only thing wrong was the power seat motors had been fried. But he then even replaced those to make the car appear to be 100% . It was about $6,000-$8,000 less than similar year/ miles car . i thought long and hard about it but decided I really did'nt want the red tint coat plus did'nt want the hassle of trying to sell it down the road.But I'm sure someone got a great deal if he was able to get it financed/ insured with no problem. If it was repaired 100% you can probably save quite a bit of $$$

CTS-V_07
07-31-13, 06:24 PM
I don't know where you live guess I forgot to ask what state if you lived in NC/SC a lot of the eastern states banks will not finance them. That's why most people have to pay cash for the vehicles.

JDB
07-31-13, 08:49 PM
As long as I'm not taking the $ hit for it being salvaged, yes, I'd but it...if it passes your state DOT inspection.

VscharesV
08-01-13, 01:11 AM
Mine is prior salvage. If fixed right they are fine. As long as the frame is straight and drives down the road fine who gives a shit, save a lil coin and buy it. In 2010 I bought mine for $15,000 with 35k on it. Banks in iowa dont care and neither does geico.

eagle-co94
08-01-13, 02:20 AM
I just bought flood V a few weeks ago and all it needed to pass inspection was a new battery so I could drive it there. It needs a power steering pump and motor mounts but is otherwise an awesome car. It's a branded title, but I don't care. 4 days later someone ran into me and damaged the left front. My solution? I picked up another '05 V that had an engine fire to swap out the bumper, fender, PS pump and maybe rack and maybe a few other things. Once I've got the few things my car needs the rest will be parted out then scrapped. That'll make my V dirt cheap in the end.

lollygagger8
08-01-13, 08:26 AM
If it's a wrecked salvage, I'd consider it.

If it's a flooded car....no f'n way. It'll always smell funny.....forever. Usually flooded cars have elecetrical problems as well. Not always, but a lot of them do.

eagle-co94
08-01-13, 01:38 PM
If it's a wrecked salvage, I'd consider it.

If it's a flooded car....no f'n way. It'll always smell funny.....forever. Usually flooded cars have elecetrical problems as well. Not always, but a lot of them do.
Have you personally ever owned a flood car? I'm driving mine everyday and either the water never got into this car, or it was cleaned VERY well. It only smells like a used car, nothing like one that ever had any water in it and I have NO electrical issues to speak of. I pulled the carpets and all the electrical components are great with no residue. Mine looks like it was properly cleaned inside if it needed it at all.

lollygagger8
08-01-13, 02:21 PM
Have you personally ever owned a flood car? I'm driving mine everyday and either the water never got into this car, or it was cleaned VERY well. It only smells like a used car, nothing like one that ever had any water in it and I have NO electrical issues to speak of. I pulled the carpets and all the electrical components are great with no residue. Mine looks like it was properly cleaned inside if it needed it at all.

I have. It stunk. You got lucky.

rand49er
08-01-13, 04:22 PM
I have. It stunk. You got lucky.Did you buy it knowing it was a flood car beforehand?

eagle-co94
08-01-13, 04:43 PM
I have. It stunk. You got lucky.
I agree! I was told that flood cars should sell for about 50% of blue book and that's about what I got mine for. Honestly it's worth a bit more knowing that the interior is so clean.

OneSlowV
08-02-13, 01:25 AM
I paid 12k for mine with 19k miles on it.

lollygagger8
08-02-13, 10:14 AM
Did you buy it knowing it was a flood car beforehand?

Yessir. Complete with the 100 lb collection of car freshener trees

Jeffsey
08-06-13, 12:58 PM
I'm also planning to buy a salvage car, I've looked through many cars already at this website (www.easyexport.us) and I can say that I surely wont buy a flooded car, fresh water flooding is not too bad, but salt water flood is worse. And don't buy a salvage car if you don't think you will keep it for long, don't, as it can be hard to find someone who'd buy a car when you want to resell it