: Problem with soundsystem, any ideas?

roman91
07-30-13, 12:24 PM
hellow

I'm a Cadillac owner model: CADILLAC ESCALADE 6.2 Luxury and have a problem with my soundsystem. When I hear a cd or radio after every 20 seconds there is a break like no sound for half a second. I live in Switzerland and there are not so many Escalades that we have a lot of people who knows this car's realy good.

I've been to 2 different Cadillac garages and they have tested the radiosystem and as well they changed amplifier. both sayd that there has to be another problem but they can't find it. probably someone has some experience with this kind of problem and could help me?

i'ts a 2006 model with a bose soundsystem.

thanks for your help!

regards roman

the cadillac man
07-30-13, 02:08 PM
hellow

I'm a Cadillac owner model: CADILLAC ESCALADE 6.2 Luxury and have a problem with my soundsystem. When I hear a cd or radio after every 20 seconds there is a break like no sound for half a second. I live in Switzerland and there are not so many Escalades that we have a lot of people who knows this car's realy good.

I've been to 2 different Cadillac garages and they have tested the radiosystem and as well they changed amplifier. both sayd that there has to be another problem but they can't find it. probably someone has some experience with this kind of problem and could help me?

i'ts a 2006 model with a bose soundsystem.

thanks for your help!

regards roman

Which radio do you have the nav or the cd/cass
I have one of the cd/cass radios I am not using if you want it

It sounds like the problem is in the radio and not the amp

Let me know if you want the radio as I have no need for it(I got a nav radio)

roman91
07-30-13, 04:21 PM
it's a nav, they have sent it to the manufactuer and they told us it's not the radio...

the cadillac man
07-30-13, 04:46 PM
it's a nav, they have sent it to the manufactuer and they told us it's not the radio...

The radio and amp are both controlled by the bcm via the class-2 data bus

Since they replaced the amp the radio is the next thing in the system that needs replacing unless the amp is defective