: Easy mod for a beginner

jrbrady
07-30-13, 08:37 AM
Hello, I am 16 I have a 2008 Cadillac cts awd with DI. I was wondering is their an easy mod I can start off with either mechanical or appearance wise?
Thanks

Sal33n
07-30-13, 09:59 AM
Well normally your budget dictates what you can do and "you", not the people on the forums, also have to decide on a performance mod or changing the look of your CTS. An easy performance mod or upgrade would be to put new plugs in or install a better air filter. An easy appearance mod would be to get the windows tinted, get the car detailed or do it yourself, get new rims, add a spoiler if you like that look, change the front grill, etc. But again, it all depends on your budget.

DmillCTS08
07-30-13, 10:11 AM
If I were you I'd start with a the KPE Cold air intake and tune. They have sale right now if you buy both. Thats what Im doing first as well. the Cold Air Intake should give you up to 20 HP and better gas mileage, and the tune will further enhance your cars performance. After that, buy a Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Airaid "EcoAid Throttle Body Booster", and Airaid "Throttle Body Spacer". Those are all pretty cheap mods and will give you both better gas mileage and better low and mid range power, getting rid of the lag in the early rpms.

jrbrady
07-30-13, 03:33 PM
Thanks a lot!!