: Major vibrations after Corsa Exhaust install

Cattivod
07-29-13, 08:30 PM
Only seems to happen between 25-35km/hr and is MUCH more violent when car is cold...

Any ideas or anyone have this issue ?

philistine
07-29-13, 09:43 PM
Put it on ramps, jackstands, or a lift and take a closer look. Look for any areas where the exhaust is touching the chassis, rear-end, or transmission. Make sure all fittings are snug in the sockets and properly tightened.

Sometimes it takes a little driving around and re-adjustment to get it just right but...that is unusual for the Corsa exhaust.

Just a FYI, I also notice vibrations around 2k rpm and 20-35 mph. In my case I suspect the dual mass flywheel boat anchor.

eagle-co94
07-29-13, 10:05 PM
I'm guessing it's one of the connections and once the exhaust heats up it tightens up. Have you noticed it being louder before it's warmed up?

HAMSTAR
07-29-13, 10:30 PM
Put it on ramps, jackstands, or a lift and take a closer look. Look for any areas where the exhaust is touching the chassis, rear-end, or transmission. Make sure all fittings are snug in the sockets and properly tightened.

Sometimes it takes a little driving around and re-adjustment to get it just right but...that is unusual for the Corsa exhaust.

Just a FYI, I also notice vibrations around 2k rpm and 20-35 mph. In my case I suspect the dual mass flywheel boat anchor.

I have an Ls7 clutch and ATI super damper. Vibration at 2k PM is still there. aAnd will be till the end of time.

Cattivod
07-29-13, 10:32 PM
Well to clarify the vibration...it actually feels like a "jack hammer" is banging from under the arm rest. What's crazy is it doesn't happen when the car is warm after about 10 minutes...the first couple of times I felt the need to pull over. Then it gradually gets better as I continue to drive...

rand49er
07-29-13, 10:41 PM
When I first installed my Corsa, I had tightened everything while it had drooped down on that little crossbar mid-way back. It made quite a rattling sound especially at certain RPMs. I went back, loosened it all back up, then jacked it up against the underside of the carriage before retightening it all. Voila! The exhaust didn't touch that crossbar anymore and no more noise.

Not sure if yours is that, but it's easy to check and is cheap to fix.

philistine
07-29-13, 11:16 PM
I have an Ls7 clutch and ATI super damper. Vibration at 2k PM is still there. aAnd will be till the end of time.

Hmm, I wonder what my luck will be with the Katech LS9 clutch and Fluidampr crank pulley.

odla
07-30-13, 12:01 AM
How is the trans mount?

barrok69
07-30-13, 04:04 PM
I had a similar issue with the corsa on my V. It was resting on the thin chassis cross brace like randy pointed out. It was easy to fix, just re-adjust a few joints and voila.

Cattivod
07-30-13, 05:04 PM
I just put rev's in

----------

I'm going in on Friday to have the exhaust adjusted will keep you guys posted. Thanks a lot for the feedback Gents MUCH appreciated

rand49er
07-30-13, 08:23 PM
... I'm going in on Friday to have the exhaust adjusted ...In half an hour with a couple of rhino ramps and a couple of jack stands, you could do it yourself. Then, you won't even have to go to the gym afterward.

Cattivod
08-02-13, 03:08 PM
So shes up on the hoist and there's plenty of space between the exhaust and the cross bar...no sign of real play or wear spots on the frame.

Any ideas ? Thinking we may still tighten the exhaust up a bit

----------

Put some rev shift flex mounts in with the exhaust going to switch back to OEM and try that. Maybe it's drive related...

Cattivod
08-12-13, 04:07 PM
So shes up on the hoist and there's plenty of space between the exhaust and the cross bar...no sign of real play or wear spots on the frame.

Any ideas ? Thinking we may still tighten the exhaust up a bit

----------

Put some rev shift flex mounts in with the exhaust going to switch back to OEM and try that. Maybe it's drive related...

Problem solved. I went back to the OEM flex mount and shimmed the cross bar beneath the exhaust and problem has been solved.

Happy Happy