: STS-V Uneven Tire Wear

Guy.Seminerio
07-29-13, 09:07 PM
All 4 tires are wearing on the edges more than in the middle.

Back tires the inner edge is wearing slightly more than the outer edge.

Front tires the inner edge is wearing more than the outer edge (more of a difference than on the back tires)

Michelin pilot sport all seasons.

About 4-5 months ago I noticed the tires wearing more on the outside so I upped the psi to around 38 on each tire. No change. A couple of months ago someone on these forums recommended I go down to factory specs. Didn't make sense to me but I did it anyway. No change.

I've also been told that this particular tire is real screwy and I'm not gonna be able to beat the wearing on the edges, so what I'm more concerned with is the fact that one edge is wearing more than the other.

2009 with 56,600 miles as of today. Thanks.

----------

Everywhere i said inner is wearing more than outer replace it with outer wearing more than inner.

----------

Sorry. When I say that 4-5 months ago I noticed more wear on the outside I mean the edges, inner and outer. I should really proofread.

boomys10
07-30-13, 10:36 AM
you need a new alignment most likely. sucks you wasted that kinda on those tires for the alignment to be bad.

Guy.Seminerio
07-30-13, 01:39 PM
Tires were on the car when I got it so its not that bad but I would've liked for them to have lasted longer. Thanks for the advice. Here's my follow up question that I asked in another thread a while back.

Is there any benefit in having my alignment done at a cadillac dealer over say a Firestone shop?

CMNTMXR57
07-30-13, 04:03 PM
None, other than save for specific vehicle expertise that a Caddy dealer may have. Otherwise, they all use the same Hunter (mostly), alignment equipment.

Sounds like the fronts have positive camber and possibly a little toe-in. The rears have too much negative camber.

Guy.Seminerio
07-30-13, 09:14 PM
If both are wearing on the outer edges, wouldn't it be positive camber in both cases? And yes I could see toe in being a possible issue up front. Also thanks for the tip on where to get the alignment.

CMNTMXR57
07-31-13, 12:52 PM
On the fronts, yes. On the rears, it's wearing on the inner edge you said, which is negative camber.

Guy.Seminerio
07-31-13, 08:11 PM
I actually said inner more than outer on both but now I'm second guessing myself. I know they were both the same but now I'm having doubts as to whether inner or outer is wearing more. More to follow.

CMNTMXR57
08-01-13, 12:09 PM
If that is the case, all have negative camber, but the fronts may have some toe in causing the outer edge wear.

Guy.Seminerio
08-01-13, 06:04 PM
Ok I got my story straight. The outer edge is wearing more than inner. So all have positive camber and the fronts possible need a little more toe in?

CMNTMXR57
08-01-13, 07:02 PM
First part is correct. The second part is that they *may* already have too much toe-in.

Guy.Seminerio
08-01-13, 07:12 PM
Got it thanks a lot.