: Do I need to see a therapist?

ben.gators
07-29-13, 09:05 PM
I was extremely obsessed with my old Seville STS! I thought my obsession can't get worse than that, but I was wrong!

When I had the STS, I didn't have a serious problem in giving ride to people, although I was very careful about how they treat my Cadillac! :p

Now, I have got this brand new ATS, and I won't let anyone sit in it! I mean the person needs to be VERY special so that I can let him/her sit in my car. Family member, or very good friends, that's it! So far I already said no to an acquaintance who wanted a ride to the airport, and I used to give him a ride to the airport with my STS! Also I made it very clear in my work area that if we are going to have a guest to our group, do NOT expect me to go and pick up the guest! My Cadillac ATS is not a taxi!

Do I need to see a therapist, or I am OK? :D

talismandave
07-29-13, 09:29 PM
:hmm:.........................:noidea:

orconn
07-29-13, 09:33 PM
Yes, Ben, you need to see a therapist! It may be OK to ask or demand that passengers refrain from eating, drinking or riding with their feet up on the dashboard. It may be OK to get out of taking people to the airport because of the worst traffic in the U.S. (Honolulu) or because you are saving your gas pennies for a drive around the island. But to ask friends and others to refrain from being passengers just because you finally got a new car is beyond the pale. You should see a therapist ...... but make sure she is under thirty, good looking and isn't addicted to mu'u-mu'us!

Remember, when all is said and done it really is just a car!

ben.gators
07-29-13, 09:39 PM
"you finally got a new car...."
^
Come on, Orconn, you are not like this.....

But that therapist idea sounds good.... who knows, may give her a ride in my car too.... :D

Hoosier Daddy
07-29-13, 10:42 PM
I was extremely obsessed with my old Seville STS! I thought my obsession can't get worse than that, but I was wrong!

When I had the STS, I didn't have a serious problem in giving ride to people, although I was very careful about how they treat my Cadillac! :p

Now, I have got this brand new ATS, and I won't let anyone sit in it! I mean the person needs to be VERY special so that I can let him/her sit in my car. Family member, or very good friends, that's it! So far I already said no to an acquaintance who wanted a ride to the airport, and I used to give him a ride to the airport with my STS! Also I made it very clear in my work area that if we are going to have a guest to our group, do NOT expect me to go and pick up the guest! My Cadillac ATS is not a taxi!

Do I need to see a therapist, or I am OK? :D

The "you know you own an ATS when..." thread is here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-general-discussion-forum/327097-you-know-you-own-ats-when.html

And FWIW, I told your friends I wouldn't take them to the airport either.

Faith76
07-29-13, 11:00 PM
I'm obsessed with thinking things are wrong with my car. But, it's nearly 25 years old. I've also gotten in the habit of keeping detail spray and cloth handy. I haven't refused a ride though.

ben.gators
07-29-13, 11:38 PM
I'm obsessed with thinking things are wrong with my car. But, it's nearly 25 years old. I've also gotten in the habit of keeping detail spray and cloth handy. I haven't refused a ride though.

There are some history.... Once, when I gave a ride to a guest and parked the car, I wanted to put the sun shield in. The guest wanted to "help", so she garbed one corner of the sun shield, and started to pull an push and hit the rear view mirror repeatedly....

The same acquaintance that I refused to give him a ride, wanted to "help" when I was picking him up from the airport with my STS. So he grabbed his heavy suitcase, and while he was rubbing/scratching/hitting the bumper and the edge of the trunk, loaded it into the car.....

I don't know why people don't understand that they are actually damaging the car rather than helping me! So the easy solution is not to give a ride to the people! Case closed!

CadillacLuke24
07-30-13, 02:15 AM
There are some history.... Once, when I gave a ride to a guest and parked the car, I wanted to put the sun shield in. The guest wanted to "help", so she garbed one corner of the sun shield, and started to pull an push and hit the rear view mirror repeatedly....

The same acquaintance that I refused to give him a ride, wanted to "help" when I was picking him up from the airport with my STS. So he grabbed his heavy suitcase, and while he was rubbing/scratching/hitting the bumper and the edge of the trunk, loaded it into the car.....

I don't know why people don't understand that they are actually damaging the car rather than helping me! So the easy solution is not to give a ride to the people! Case closed!

Sounds like good logic to me.

I give rides, but I will chew someone out if they aren't using the floor mats, slamming the trunk, etc.

Generally there are 9 people who are allowed to ride in my car, and 5 are siblings. I may offer to drive if my potential passenger has a common destination, but i otherwise keep my driving on the dl.

Certain dweebweebs no longer are allowed, but that's cause they've been written off in general.

ben.gators
07-30-13, 03:11 AM
And FWIW, I told your friends I wouldn't take them to the airport either.

If you come to Oahu, I will be happy to give you rides, seriously!

But I myself will load the luggage into the car! :sneaky:

ryannel2003
07-30-13, 03:25 AM
I don't do rides unless it's an emergency or there is nothing else to drive. I don't do dirt and I don't do soda unless I'm the one drinking it. I don't like people in my car period.

lacville78
07-30-13, 04:19 AM
I only let family, close friends, or a girl im interested in dating ride in my Cadillac. My biggest peeve is people touching my car or neighbors walking up to me while I am working on the car. I am not a barber, I can't talk to someone and concentrate on the car work at the same time. I have ruffled some feathers telling those pesky neighbors to beat it.

talismandave
07-30-13, 04:25 AM
I have had about 10 new cars and many nice used. I have never had a restored show car.

I hate inconsiderate people, and I never go out of my way to shuttle strangers.

Having said all that....
I have always been one to offer to drive when with friends, and I have never told a friend they couldn't drink, or eat or even smoke in any of my cars.:burp: My friends and I have spilled and dropped and expelled :vomit: almost anything imaginable over the years.:food-snacking: One even dropped a lit cigar on my brand new Fiero seat, less than 2 months old! :lol: $50.00 and it was replaced and as good as new.:annoyed: Was I pissed? Sure, but did it make me not offer to drive my friend around? Not a chance.

I believe that my cars are to be used to have good times and especially good times with friends. I wish that would mean that accidents didn't happen but they do. To me, and by me!:duck:

It is only money, and my friends always have been the kind to offer to pay to fix or clean whatever they did.(With very few exceptions.) Sometimes I take them up on the offer, usually not.

Now that I am getting older and many of those friends have passed away, I am glad for every spill, scratch, dent, and burn we ever inflicted upon all my cars, and the memories and stories I have to tell. :wisdom:

Just another point of view, not an indictment or saying anyone else should be so careless with their car.

P.S. Wait til you have kids!:holycrap:

ben.gators
07-30-13, 05:10 AM
^
I totally see your point, and appreciate you for your point of view and your kindness.

That being said, I don't feel comfortable giving ride to strangers, acquaintances, or inconsiderate friends! I do many things to do kindness and service to others. For example, I regularly donate blood, I buy food for homeless,.... But my Cadillacs are NOT included in this service to the others! :D

And by the way, if you come to Hawaii, you will be my special guest and friend in my ATS, but no smoking in my car! :D Basically all of my CF friends have a pass!

talismandave
07-30-13, 06:56 AM
I by no means meant to imply anything against you or anyone who wants to preserve their car!:lol:

Some day I would love to be able to take you up on that offer!:yup:

Hoosier Daddy
07-30-13, 07:30 AM
Now that I am getting older and many of those friends have passed away, I am glad for every spill, scratch, dent, and burn we ever inflicted upon all my cars, and the memories and stories I have to tell.
My cars are pristine but I have as many priceless memories and stories. I just dented and spilled twice as much in their cars.

Didn't plan to have any....................... Then they invented DNA paternity tests. Bad luck, that. I mean scientists are usually not that good at marketing so could just as easily been used for maternity testing.

But seriously, we had great luck with our one child. He never spilled a thing in a car but that's because none of us EVER brought an open liquid into one. All our cup holders are still virgins. He did throw up ONCE in a car but that was our fault; we thought we could make it a few more blocks after he told us his stomach didn't feel well.

Faith76
07-30-13, 09:21 AM
My kids are what REALLY makes me neurotic about the car. They are pretty good though. They get dragged to car shows every weekend, so have a healthy respect for them.

I have had about 10 new cars and many nice used. I have never had a restored show car.

I hate inconsiderate people, and I never go out of my way to shuttle strangers.

Having said all that....
I have always been one to offer to drive when with friends, and I have never told a friend they couldn't drink, or eat or even smoke in any of my cars.:burp: My friends and I have spilled and dropped and expelled :vomit: almost anything imaginable over the years.:food-snacking: One even dropped a lit cigar on my brand new Fiero seat, less than 2 months old! :lol: $50.00 and it was replaced and as good as new.:annoyed: Was I pissed? Sure, but did it make me not offer to drive my friend around? Not a chance.

I believe that my cars are to be used to have good times and especially good times with friends. I wish that would mean that accidents didn't happen but they do. To me, and by me!:duck:

It is only money, and my friends always have been the kind to offer to pay to fix or clean whatever they did.(With very few exceptions.) Sometimes I take them up on the offer, usually not.

Now that I am getting older and many of those friends have passed away, I am glad for every spill, scratch, dent, and burn we ever inflicted upon all my cars, and the memories and stories I have to tell. :wisdom:

Just another point of view, not an indictment or saying anyone else should be so careless with their car.

truckinman
07-30-13, 11:24 AM
A few days after I bought my brand new 06 jeep Rubicon, my friends brother was riding in back and....well I don't know how to put this politely....sharted on my back seat leaving a stain. That I made his ass spend the next 2 hrs scrubbing out and he wasn't allowed to ride in there a while after.

cadillac kevin
07-30-13, 01:06 PM
A few days after I bought my brand new 06 jeep Rubicon, my friends brother was riding in back and....well I don't know how to put this politely....sharted on my back seat leaving a stain. That I made his ass spend the next 2 hrs scrubbing out and he wasn't allowed to ride in there a while after.

Ummm....ewwww.

Kingoftypos
07-30-13, 02:44 PM

Ha ha, an old co worker of mine was arrested for her first time in her life at the age of 58. She was arrested for DUI and what not. Well while in the back seat of the cop car she let lose. Needless to say the cop turned his lights back on to rush to the police station. Lol

KOT

Aztec ETC ECS
07-30-13, 03:35 PM
You don't need a therapist. Let's take care of this right now.

How does this make you feel??

ben.gators
07-30-13, 07:30 PM
^
Much better, I think! :p

Aztec ETC ECS
07-30-13, 10:07 PM
^ Cured.

Faith76
07-31-13, 11:38 AM
I was at the repair shop yesterday, and there's nothing wrong with my car, according to one guy. The other said "well you could put some new shocks in, but it doesn't REALLY need them and with air ride, it's expensive." So I said, "well, I'm not TOTALLY crazy then?" His answer : "Probably not totally." LOL

cadillac kevin
07-31-13, 12:26 PM
I was at the repair shop yesterday, and there's nothing wrong with my car, according to one guy. The other said "well you could put some new shocks in, but it doesn't REALLY need them and with air ride, it's expensive." So I said, "well, I'm not TOTALLY crazy then?" His answer : "Probably not totally." LOL

Air ride? Your car has air SHOCKS in the rear only. They aren't expensive at all (especially compared to the air bladders like on lincolns or the active caddy suspension) and just as easy to replace as normal shocks.

Johnxlrv
08-04-13, 09:52 AM
Sometimes, by playing with the long pedal on the right, you can avoid repeat rides lol.

But seriously, the ATS is a wonderful car and the interior seems very durable in all of the trim levels. Sat in most of these during a caddilac race event to get an ideal of color trim combination...all were customer cars (little did they know), but agree with the point of folks not being careful at all...keys hanging outside their jeans, muddy shoes, just bumbling their way through life. Rides, sure, but on my terms..."btw, let me get the door for you...;)"

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh560/Johnxlrv/Cadillac%20Racing%20Event/New%20ATS/37e753c3.jpg (http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/Johnxlrv/media/Cadillac%20Racing%20Event/New%20ATS/37e753c3.jpg.html)