: Continental Kit

Fleetwood Blaq
03-08-05, 09:33 PM
I recently purchased a nice continental kit off of ebay for my fleetwood to add that classic look. My only question is how do I mount and wire it?
http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/hobbyman1963/CONTKIT.JPG

kmhebert
03-08-05, 10:31 PM
That looks awesome! I wouldn't have the first clue how to put it on, but I'd love to see a picture of it when it's done. How much does something like that run if you don't mind my asking?

Fleetwood Blaq
03-08-05, 10:47 PM
i got it on ebay for 360, i don't know the retail value. i checked one from e&g classics that was over 1600!

kmhebert
03-08-05, 10:53 PM
Well it looks wicked cool. Does it carry a full spare? Or is it strictly for show? I think it would be cool to have both for looks and to free up trunk space. My sister-in-law had a 1988 Coupe DeVille with the spare in back like that, it was great.

509Rider
03-09-05, 12:21 AM
They are easy to mount if you bought the exact kit made for your car if not it will need some work.

Fleetwood Blaq
03-09-05, 06:13 PM
It is the one built for my car, I just don't see how I can mount it on. Do I need some bolts, brackets or something? It fit perfectly last night when I place on the bumper to see how it would go. And no...unfortunately it's just for show and not for the spare tire.

509Rider
03-09-05, 10:49 PM
It is the one built for my car, I just don't see how I can mount it on. Do I need some bolts, brackets or something? It fit perfectly last night when I place on the bumper to see how it would go. And no...unfortunately it's just for show and not for the spare tire.To attach it there should be some brackets that go over top of the bumper, then you have to remove the two pushbar things on your bumper and there will be bolts that go through there, I will try to post some pics of mine.

Fleetwood Blaq
03-11-05, 05:31 AM
yeah, I went to askjeeves.com for instruction and saw that I will need a mounting kit with the j brackets and t brackets. Anyone know where I can get one.

509Rider
03-12-05, 05:05 AM
yeah, I went to askjeeves.com for instruction and saw that I will need a mounting kit with the j brackets and t brackets. Anyone know where I can get one.You will have to order them straight from e and g classics, they have a website, I would link it but dont know how.

Adam
03-12-05, 04:09 PM
www.egclassic.com (http://www.egclassic.com) they dont have anything for a Fleetwood though :( .

509Rider
03-12-05, 04:56 PM
You have to call them direct, they dont put everything on there website, I bought my bumperkit, grill, and my top from them, made specifically for the fleetwood, and really overpriced.

Adam
03-12-05, 05:24 PM
how much are they (if you dont mind telling)?

509Rider
03-12-05, 11:30 PM
how much are they (if you dont mind telling)?My grill was 700, the continental kit was 900, and the sin con top was 1500, they rape people good, but I had to have the stuff.

216caddypimp
03-17-05, 06:57 AM
I have a 85 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance. Do they make a continental kit for that car? I ask, because I have 2 12's in my trunk, but my spare is taking up alot of space, so I wanted to see if I could put the spare in the kit and move my box closer to the back.

Thanks

509Rider
03-17-05, 05:04 PM
I have a 85 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance. Do they make a continental kit for that car? I ask, because I have 2 12's in my trunk, but my spare is taking up alot of space, so I wanted to see if I could put the spare in the kit and move my box closer to the back.

ThanksThe kit is only for looks, wont hold a spare.

still_walkin
03-16-08, 10:47 AM
it can be done two ways you can either drill two holes in your bumper or get some j brackets off ebay and mount it by the fiberglass part on your bumper. search contiental kit for the j brackets. what i did was put to 4.5 3/8 bolts throught my bnumper and mounted it. wiring it for the reverse lights you have to piggy back off your stock one as the same for your license plate light and if your kit has a electric release you have to options if your kit has a bulit in switch which mean your kit will drop before the trunk opens you can wire it to the opwer trunk release in your glow box. or you can wire it 10amp fuse and install a push button switch not a toggle. installed a toggle on mine the first time and the switch was under rated for the connection and i blew my fuse brunt my switch and burned out my power 5th release and i had to modify a electric realse soilend from a 79 deville to fit my fifth, it to a minute but hey it drops.
check out this link below its some help
http://www.eternalrollerz.com/TechArticles/ContiKit.htm

Austin081993
05-14-14, 02:34 AM
How do you put gas in with the continental kit when the gas cap is behind the license plate?

1980coupe
05-14-14, 04:23 AM
There's a pull chain located underneath. Pull down and it'll release continental kit forward to have access to gas cap. Some came with a wire that can be wired to the trunk switch so that when button was pressed up in glove box, both the trunk and continental kit will open.

still_walkin
05-14-14, 05:59 PM
That wire is positive the solenoid grounds off the bumper. Tapp into the solenoid on your trunk and they will both open when you push the trunk release and as stated above there is a chain that connects to the solenoid