: Cadillac, Onstar, & Local Dealership Being Sued for OnStar Racial Intimidation

c5 rv
03-08-05, 07:22 PM
The local (Detroit) news had a story the other night which went something like this:

- African American woman ran out of gas in her CTS in Novi, MI
- She called OnStar, who connected her with Audette Cadillac in West Bloomfield, Michigan
- Audette representative said they would bring her gas
- Apparently the Audette representative thought the connection was ended and the woman heard and then recorded an extended period of racial slurs and profanity spoken by the Audette representative
- Audette, Cadillac, and OnStar apologized to the woman
- Audette representative supposedly reprimanded, but not fired.
- Woman filed a civil action against Cadillac, OnStar, and Audette Cadillac for $25,000.

ben72227
03-08-05, 08:21 PM
I hope she wins too. Nobody deserves to be disrespected like that in my book.:nono:

slk230mb
03-08-05, 08:40 PM
Ouch, they must have just done it on the way her voice sounded?

CaddyFan2004
03-08-05, 08:53 PM
...and she suffered $25k of harm in what way?

What B.S. I think she deserves an apology and a year's free Onstar service. Max....

Jesda
03-08-05, 09:36 PM
$25k is a bit too much for that, but how could they NOT fire that SOB? I suppose if I knew the employee that disparraged me wasnt losing their job, I'd be twice as angry and asking for twice as much money.

I hope that employee endures copious amounts of pain and suffering, and I hope the dealership goes under for failing to properly follow up on what happened. I'm sending a letter.

blingblingcv
03-09-05, 10:18 PM
Thats crazy and rude. You sign up for a service and are suppose to be respected. Fire the person not nice at all.