: affordable coilover alternative

is250sp
07-29-13, 03:58 PM
Arrggg all this time I thought only KW makes coilovers for 2008+ CTS. I even recently bought one which cost an arm, a leg, and one eyeball. Just discovered that BC Racing makes a more affordable set http://circuitmotorsports.rpmware.com/bc_racing_coilovers/bc_racing_br_series_coilovers/zn01/i-526996.aspx

tinman
07-30-13, 02:28 PM
I had some KW pricing around $500 per corner ($2000). How much are these?

Tbbt
07-30-13, 02:38 PM
Looking at the site, they are $995, or half the price of the KW prices.

Marv

tinman
07-30-13, 02:43 PM
I missed that. Thanks, Marv. That is an attractive price. We need a Beta tester, so you need to try them to see how they will work for the rest of us!

suicidecl
08-21-13, 09:35 PM
I have a used set of BC Racing Coilovers in the classifieds if your are interested. I had them on for over 2 years and I can tell you it rides just as stock but you have the advantage of adjusting the height to your liking.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-classified-ads/347922-bc-racing-coilovers-cts-coupe-non.html

Tbbt
08-22-13, 12:10 PM
suicideci,

I looked for your ad in the classifieds and couldn't find it. Maybe you need to re-do it? Or maybe it's just my search was bad.

Why did you take them off and why are you selling them? How many miles on them?

Marv

tinman
08-22-13, 12:14 PM
suicidecl, you stated that the ride is equal to the stock ride. Then why put them on? I want a more firm ride that the soft ride of stock.

suicidecl
08-22-13, 01:00 PM
suicidecl, you stated that the ride is equal to the stock ride. Then why put them on? I want a more firm ride that the soft ride of stock.
Stock meaning in ride quality not in height.The coils are adjustible. You have 30 damper settings you can set it to your liking. If you want to adjust to feel like stock but have a lower stance you can, if you want a firm ride you can adjust it for that as well. With the damper setting it allows to go low with a better ride comfort not like when you just put regular lowering springs on and at times the ride may get bumpy.

----------

suicideci,

I looked for your ad in the classifieds and couldn't find it. Maybe you need to re-do it? Or maybe it's just my search was bad.

Why did you take them off and why are you selling them? How many miles on them?

Marv
I put the link right underneath the post just click it and it should take you there. Coils where on for about 18k miles had to take them off because my lease is up.

Tbbt
08-22-13, 01:10 PM
[/COLOR]
I put the link right underneath the post just click it and it should take you there. Coils where on for about 18k miles had to take them off because my lease is up.[/QUOTE]

I went to the link, it did open, but I thought it went back to another post other than classifieds. Funny thing is that when I look through the classifieds, I don't see your post at all - even by searching by you name or BC Racing Coilovers for CTS Coupe non V for sale? Odd!

Marv

suicidecl
08-22-13, 01:21 PM
[/COLOR]
I put the link right underneath the post just click it and it should take you there. Coils where on for about 18k miles had to take them off because my lease is up.

I went to the link, it did open, but I thought it went back to another post other than classifieds. Funny thing is that when I look through the classifieds, I don't see your post at all - even by searching by you name or BC Racing Coilovers for CTS Coupe non V for sale? Odd!

Marv[/QUOTE]

Thats weird I have an add in both classified sections the new one and in the old style.

Tbbt
08-22-13, 01:51 PM
First off, I didn't even know there was an 'old' classified section and yes, your ads do show up under the accessories section.

I have my bookmark set to go directly to the 2nd gen CTS and it shows Gen discussion forum, Performance Forum, Appearance mods as well as Classifieds. Your ads don't show up in this forum. That's why I couldn't find them. Something is screwy and the system isn't filtering ads correctly.

Good Luck, Marv

tinman
08-22-13, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=suicidecl;10792258]Stock meaning in ride quality not in height.The coils are adjustible. You have 30 damper settings you can set it to your liking. If you want to adjust to feel like stock but have a lower stance you can, if you want a firm ride you can adjust it for that as well. With the damper setting it allows to go low with a better ride comfort not like when you just put regular lowering springs on and at times the ride may get bumpy.[COLOR="Silver"]
Correct. What I read in your reply is the ride is similar to stock. The height is adjustable. I am looking for a more firm, stiffer handling along with a reduction in height. I live in Florida and they have never heard of frost heaves or winter potholes. We get rain washouts, but not too often, and they equate to potholes. Those are few and far in between thankfully.

suicidecl
08-22-13, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=suicidecl;10792258]Stock meaning in ride quality not in height.The coils are adjustible. You have 30 damper settings you can set it to your liking. If you want to adjust to feel like stock but have a lower stance you can, if you want a firm ride you can adjust it for that as well. With the damper setting it allows to go low with a better ride comfort not like when you just put regular lowering springs on and at times the ride may get bumpy.[COLOR="Silver"]
Correct. What I read in your reply is the ride is similar to stock. The height is adjustable. I am looking for a more firm, stiffer handling along with a reduction in height. I live in Florida and they have never heard of frost heaves or winter potholes. We get rain washouts, but not too often, and they equate to potholes. Those are few and far in between thankfully.
These would work great for you then. You can tweak the suspension to how firm you like.