: She took the Vibe......

DopeStar 156
03-08-05, 06:16 PM
A conversation between myself and my girlfriend over AIM The screennames have been altered to protect the innocent...

Girlfriend: saturday at work this mary kay lady came in
Girlfriend: this big friendly lady
Girlfriend: normally i would blow those people off but i was required to be nice because i was working :-P
Girlfriend: so i was talking to her for a long time about our jobs and she mentioned, "i love my job, i got a free car!"
Girlfriend: and i was like wow, did you get the cadillac?!
DopeStar 156: *GASP!!!*
DopeStar 156: HOLY ****! PLEASE TELL ME IT IS!!!
Girlfriend: and she said no, i took the VIBE instead!!
DopeStar 156: :(
Girlfriend: i was so crushed...

......The Vibe?! Wha?! :suspect:

Adumb
03-08-05, 06:23 PM
man, i guess some people only think of a car as a way to get from point a to point b. personally i want everyone between point a and point b to think im cool, not cramped into a little tiny car. but oh well, if she doesnt mind picking a vibe over a caddy, shell pay alot less for gas, but she wont get no respect

slk230mb
03-08-05, 06:59 PM
Someone is obviously more concerned with selling make-up than rolling instyle.

Elvis
03-08-05, 07:01 PM
I don't think you get a choice between a Vibe and a DeVille. I think you have to work up to the DeVille. The "big friendly lady" probably wasn't telling the whole story.

I remember seeing a bunch of pink Buick Regals in the early 80's.

Adumb
03-08-05, 07:51 PM
i think the vibe is the funniest possible car in this situation. like cadillac on one hand, but vibe on the other, lol

RealmCenter
03-08-05, 08:06 PM
Does it really matter, It could be a Lamborghini Diablo but it would still be pink.

Adumb
03-08-05, 08:14 PM
yeah, but taking a lamborghini over a caddy isnt as funny as a vibe

c5 rv
03-08-05, 08:24 PM
I don't think all MK cars are pink.

DopeStar 156
03-08-05, 08:25 PM
The Vibe is such an ugly thing! I would've picked anything but that.

slk230mb
03-08-05, 09:27 PM
Does it really matter, It could be a Lamborghini Diablo but it would still be pink.

I'd take a MK Pink car.

Playdrv4me
03-08-05, 11:49 PM
Yea the MK pink is a unique color. It is pink, but a Pink cadillac is an icon no matter how you slice it. There are also Pink Grand Ams, Grand Prix's, and Centuries and Regals.

kmhebert
03-08-05, 11:59 PM
Pink Cadillac? Plush velvet seats? Sign me up! Especially if it's free. :)

RBraczyk
03-09-05, 12:46 AM
The new mary kay's are white with a pink pearl in it. I'd rock one, it looks awesome.

Kev
03-09-05, 01:10 AM
The new mary kay's are white with a pink pearl in it. I'd rock one, it looks awesome.Well, get out there and start sellin that makeup boy! :rolleyes:

Ralph
03-09-05, 01:13 AM
Well, get out there and start sellin that makeup boy! :rolleyes:

Or he could buy my pink Caddy. :D :hmm:

slk230mb
03-09-05, 01:16 AM
Or he could buy my pink Caddy. :D :hmm:

Your gonna part with that pink beauty?

Ralph
03-09-05, 01:29 AM
Your gonna part with that pink beauty?

Na. It's just like a new car to me still. Very reliable and I'm driving it every 3 or 4 days on average.

I'm still kinda kicking myself for not taking the 17 k (U.S.) I was offered for it from my parents friends a couple years ago! I couldn't replace the luxury for that anyway. Then my doctor wanted it and made a good offer, so I guess I feel loyality to the brand now am glad I didn't sell it.

However, I'll trade on a new GT Mustang. White with auto please. :shhh:

DopeStar 156
03-09-05, 01:54 AM
Ralph, you have a pink Caddy? I've never heard of this. Also, the MK DeVille in this (http://www.marykay.com/CareerPath/CareerPath.asp) shot looks pretty pink to me.

slk230mb
03-09-05, 10:14 AM
Ralph, you have a pink Caddy? I've never heard of this. Also, the MK DeVille in this (http://www.marykay.com/CareerPath/CareerPath.asp) shot looks pretty pink to me.

You've never noticed his signature?

RBraczyk
03-09-05, 12:07 PM
Dopestar, from that angle it looks pink, but if you see one you'll see that it doesn't look that pink at all.

DopeStar 156
03-09-05, 12:11 PM
You've never noticed his signature?
That car doesn't look pink to me. It could be I guess, but just not from that picture.

Ralph
03-09-05, 06:14 PM
In certain light it's totally a light pink, but I think it's more of a beige with light pink metallic.

Those Mary Kays are like a pastel, sort of flat and not too shiny imo.

Light antelope firemist really is a nice color and the lady who parks beside me has a new beige (Harvest Gold) Grand Marquis and the Cadillac paint just looks so much more expensive and rich looking compared to just any beige colored car. Mine has no fade either because it was in a garage all it's life.

Adumb
03-09-05, 09:47 PM
hey dopestar, is that your aim sreen name?

DopeStar 156
03-09-05, 11:33 PM
Tis.

kmhebert
03-10-05, 01:30 AM

Tis.

Wow, and you're going out with girlfriend@aol.com? NICE! :D

majax
03-10-05, 03:39 AM
Are you telling your girlfried way to much Cadillac trivial information:thumbsup:

Adumb
03-10-05, 11:19 AM

lol, :bouncy:

juiceE
03-10-05, 01:01 PM
I Always Thought Ralph's Car Looked More Purpleish Then Pink...

Adumb
03-10-05, 01:35 PM
naw, i woulda said beige(sp?)

DopeStar 156
03-10-05, 02:13 PM
LOL! No I just changed her screen name because this site comes up on google. She knows plenty about Cadillacs anyway, she's got a 91 DeVille.

Adumb
03-10-05, 03:56 PM
LOL! No I just changed her screen name because this site comes up on google. She knows plenty about Cadillacs anyway, she's got a 91 DeVille.

do you guys ever race for bragging rights?, lol

CoupeDevilleRob
03-10-05, 05:46 PM
I saw a Mary Kay Deville at the gas station a few weeks ago. It's like a really faint pink, I guess it would look pinker (is that a word?) if the light was hitting it differently. I would have tried to take a picture of it with my phone but I was a little "distracted" by the girl washing her Acura RSX at the splash and dash thing.:thumbsup:

I once saw a red Grand Am with a strange looking emblem on it, so being the curious person I am I went over and looked at it and it was a Mary Kay emblem. I guess only the top sales people get Cadillacs, as it should be.

DopeStar 156
03-10-05, 07:14 PM
do you guys ever race for bragging rights?, lol
As fast as we can, yes.

HotRodSaint
03-10-05, 07:25 PM
Am I the only one in the world who actually likes the Vibe? :disappoin

Ralph
03-10-05, 09:22 PM
Am I the only one in the world who actually likes the Vibe? :disappoin

I like them. Especially the double 5 star safety rating, for those who might care.

I wouldn't take one over a new MK though. :shhh:

NewCaddyFan
03-11-05, 10:26 AM
A fat lady in a pink Vibe. Now that really puts lead in my pencil. Not sure which is worse. Kind of like the old moped joke.:)

DopeStar 156
03-11-05, 11:47 AM
LOL! I hope for the sake of humanity and General Motors that that Vibe isn't pink.

kmhebert
03-11-05, 02:06 PM

Heh, my wife wants a Cadillac now ever since I got my Brougham. We are hoping to get "his and her" STS-Vs someday. We're real ambitious but don't have the pocketbook to back it up! Still, high hopes.

DopeStar 156
03-11-05, 04:03 PM
To be honest, she had the Cadillac first. I was driving a Lincoln Mark VII at the time. Her first car was a 1986 Sedan de Ville. This was the car that introduced me to Cadillacs and I loved driving it. It however died an HT4100 related death. I went and bought my Fleetwood and she bought a 91 Sedan de Ville afterwards. We just won't drive anything else.