: Let's play a new game...

Elvis
03-08-05, 06:09 PM
What's wrong with this vehicle?

I'm all caught up at work, killing the rest of the afternoon, so I decided to surf eBay and look at cars for a while.

I came across this DeVille, and as I was scanning through the pictures, I saw something terribly alarming.

What did I see?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6146&item=4533832649&rd=1

HINT: It ain't cosmetic.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 06:27 PM
well lemme start :

All cadillac badgeing on the outside has been removed cept the hood ornament ....

There applears to be a blood stain on the right rear floor mat

There is rust on the spare tire and jack

The car was subjected to a nice smokey burnout (tire rubber on lower rocker panel)

The lower part of the dash panel has been removed and replaced incorrectly

ther may be a possible "toe in" or positive camber condition on the right front wheel

other than that a typical mary K respray car fresh off its tour

possibly a flood car ....

HITMONEY
03-08-05, 06:27 PM
Well, it has obviously been smacked by the lack of badges on the trunk and over spray on manufacture decales.. but you said it isn't cosmetic so I'll go study the pics up some more.

Dadillac
03-08-05, 06:31 PM
Not sure what you see about the car. The only thing I see about the ad, is it is a "no reserve" auction, and then the current price, shows reserve not met.

Don

Adumb
03-08-05, 06:36 PM
the stain seems a little too bright to be blood, but good eye anyway, never caught the burnout until you pointed it out. or the dash.

Elvis
03-08-05, 06:48 PM
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

There is rust on the spare tire and jack

other than that a typical mary K respray car fresh off its tour

I saw the rust, then I noticed the badges missing.

It either sat somewhere wrecked for a long time, or else the trunk leaked after the re-build. Either way, that trunk has issues underneath the carpet.

I didn't notice the burnout. You sure?

slk230mb
03-08-05, 06:48 PM
No Onstar antenna?

Edit- The jack could just have been used. When we had our Deville we had to change a tire once and the factory jack was painted very lightly. It was during the winter and where the jack touched the salt on our driveway rusted right away.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 06:51 PM
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

I saw the rust, then I noticed the badges missing.

It either sat somewhere wrecked for a long time, or else the trunk leaked after the re-build. Either way, that trunk has issues underneath the carpet.

I didn't notice the burnout. You sure?

too light for tar ...check the left front wheel pic (none as far as i can see on left rear ),but not on the right side ,which means its rubber slung up , ...prolly "lit em up" for fun while they were getting ready to sell it ...

HITMONEY
03-08-05, 06:52 PM
You said it wasn't cosmetic!

lol

The lack of badges stood out like a sore thumb.. the car probably got smacked up from the rear and sat at a repair shop exposed to the elements, ie rain in the trunk.

This car is in horrible shape for an 03.

What is funny is that the description says "No known body work".

Doh!

Edit: Probably an ex-rental car.. they get abused.

slk230mb
03-08-05, 06:53 PM
too light for tar ...check the left front wheel pic (none as far as i can see on left rear ),but not on the right side ,which means its rubber slung up , ...prolly "lit em up" for fun while they were getting ready to sell it ...

I don't see it at all.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 06:53 PM

lol

The lack of badges stood out like a sore thumb.. the car probably got smacked up from the rear and sat at a repair shop exposed to the elements, ie rain in the trunk.

Doh!
yah , a bumper to bumper paint job isnt body work anymore ????LOL ....they have to be painted that cadillac white before they can be sent to be sold to the general public , mary k hasnt let a pink one out the door since 1994

slk230mb
03-08-05, 06:54 PM

lol

Doh!

Yet they document that it's a repaint. I'd say that's body work.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 06:55 PM
I don't see it at all.
maybe its my monitor ???

someone with a good monitor check this out for me ...i got a cheap arse mitsu LCD...

Elvis
03-08-05, 06:56 PM

lol

Doh!

It's probably stupid, but I like the look of the car without the badges. If I had one, I'd remove them, then everybody would think the car had been wrecked!

slk230mb
03-08-05, 06:56 PM
maybe its my monitor ???

someone with a good monitor check this out for me ...i got a cheap arse mitsu LCD...

My monitor is awesome, I don't see it at all. Which pic where u refering too?

This one:
http://photos.ebizautos.com/4589/613439_36.jpg

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 06:58 PM
yup thats it ....odd , i can still see it ....

Elvis
03-08-05, 06:58 PM
yah , a bumper to bumper paint job isnt body work anymore ????LOL ....they have to be painted that cadillac white before they can be sent to be sold to the general public , mary k hasnt let a pink one out the door since 1994

I saw one on eBay once.

Every time I see an ex-Mary Kay car I have to read the thing about "IT MUST BE RE-PAINTED" but this ONE TIME they neglected to mention it. I don't think anybody met the reserve anyway.

slk230mb
03-08-05, 07:00 PM
yup thats it ....odd , i can still see it ....

Can you edit the pic and circle the in question area and re-post it.

Adumb
03-08-05, 07:00 PM
i think i see some rubber on the rocker panel

slk230mb
03-08-05, 07:02 PM
i think i see some rubber on the rocker panel

I see road dirt.

Elvis
03-08-05, 07:02 PM
Heh heh...

You guys are more bored than I am!!!

I get to go home now. Adios suckers!

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 07:07 PM
ok 3rd attempt ...this is harder than i thought

HITMONEY
03-08-05, 07:10 PM
It's probably stupid, but I like the look of the car without the badges. If I had one, I'd remove them, then everybody would think the car had been wrecked!

When I got my DTS it came with the dealer logo stuck on the drivers side of the trunk lid. I wasn't having that, if they aren't paying me to advertise their dealership Idon'twant it on my car.

Anyway, I took the car to my detailer and window tinter and told him to take it off thinking it was just stuck on with double stick.

I got a call about an hour later... "Ahhh You might want to come back and see this." When I got there they showed me how the "Ed Morse Cadillac" badge was stuck on with what seemed to be super glue.

When they first attempted to take it off it pulled the paint all the way to the primer and the paint seemed to be bubbled where the badge hadn't been completely pulled up yet.

Needless to say I was at the dealership the next morning... I had to have a repaint of the trunk lid... I debated not putting back on the Northstar and DTS badges but chickened out at the last minute and had them put on.

/ramble
;)

Adam
03-08-05, 07:19 PM
there is a scratch on one of the tailight lenses. badges missing, hmmm repainted for some reason or they just shaved the emblems except for the hood ornament. i dont see the rubber on there Stoney, clean your computer screen!

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 07:22 PM
good point ...but how do i clean this LCD screen??? i dont think i can use windex on it ....

Adumb
03-08-05, 07:24 PM
i figured it out, the 'rubber' on the panel is a reflection of the road... i think

RealmCenter
03-08-05, 07:37 PM
That certainly is a "no frills" Deville that's for sure. I'd give 'em $5,000 for it if I had a couple beers first, who wants a 2003 car that's not only been completely repainted, but completely repainted twice! That is unless of course the Mary Kay pink is available through Cadillac.
Darren

Adam
03-08-05, 07:37 PM
good point ...but how do i clean this LCD screen??? i dont think i can use windex on it ....

its not in the owners manual? hmmm, i was just joking but it wouldnt kill you to clean it anyway. of course, who says you cant use windex?

slk230mb
03-08-05, 09:21 PM
ok 3rd attempt ...this is harder than i thought

I don't think that is rubber at all, just road dirt. If you use windex, dilute it with a little water first, or use eye glass cleaner.

__CaDiLlAc_PimP__
03-10-05, 04:27 PM
i dont kno if you guys noticed that big gap on the passenger side of the hood...

evilrussian
03-11-05, 06:45 PM
I saw Waldo peeking out of the ash tray :histeric:

just kidding