: 2009 CTS Battery Drain ( Disappointed with Cadillac reponse)

bcohen
07-29-13, 03:40 PM
Hello all,

I am on my 3rd Cadillac and have always been a very satisfied customer. I thought I would share a very disappointing experience that some of you might be experiencing.

Since I bought my 2009 CTS I have experienced the occasional waking up to a dead battery. This was very infrequent and because this was a weekend car, I just thought it was from the lack of use or that my wife a had forgotten to turn something off. I did however mention the issue every time I took the vehicle in for service, just in case, but was always told the charging system was fine.

Fast forward to this year when my car went out of the manufacturer warranty and the extended warranty took over. All of a sudden, my battery was dead every morning, even after driving the car. I replaced the battery and it still happened. I took it into GM and they reset the computer, dead the next morning. I took it in to the local Cadillac dealership and they said it was the battery which I had just replaced. They put in a new Cadillac battery $240 and it was dead the next morning. 11 days at the dealership and they were stumped.

I did some research and found a Cadillac bulletin stating the seat module would cause this issue and that it needed to be re-programmed. Cadillac said, ok $360 to program it. I was a little surprised at the price, but said, no big deal I have an extended warranty. Extended warranty company said, we will replace the module, but we wont pay to re-program it, that should be something Cadillac should pay for ( I agree).

So to make a long story longer, it cost me 14 days without a car and $340 to have a module re-programmed that Cadillac new was a problem and never fixed while it was under warranty.

Ok, no big deal, I will just call Cadillac corporate and they will surely take care of this known problem for such a long time loyal customer. Nope, they told me we don't cover anything out of warranty.

End of story!!!!!

Still in shock and planning my next move, but my next move will probably not have a Cadillac in it. :crying2:

gohawks63
07-29-13, 04:36 PM
Hello all,

I am on my 3rd Cadillac and have always been a very satisfied customer. I thought I would share a very disappointing experience that some of you might be experiencing.

Since I bought my 2009 CTS I have experienced the occasional waking up to a dead battery. This was very infrequent and because this was a weekend car, I just thought it was from the lack of use or that my wife a had forgotten to turn something off. I did however mention the issue every time I took the vehicle in for service, just in case, but was always told the charging system was fine.

Fast forward to this year when my car went out of the manufacturer warranty and the extended warranty took over. All of a sudden, my battery was dead every morning, even after driving the car. I replaced the battery and it still happened. I took it into GM and they reset the computer, dead the next morning. I took it in to the local Cadillac dealership and they said it was the battery which I had just replaced. They put in a new Cadillac battery $240 and it was dead the next morning. 11 days at the dealership and they were stumped.

I did some research and found a Cadillac bulletin stating the seat module would cause this issue and that it needed to be re-programmed. Cadillac said, ok $360 to program it. I was a little surprised at the price, but said, no big deal I have an extended warranty. Extended warranty company said, we will replace the module, but we wont pay to re-program it, that should be something Cadillac should pay for ( I agree).

So to make a long story longer, it cost me 14 days without a car and $340 to have a module re-programmed that Cadillac new was a problem and never fixed while it was under warranty.

Ok, no big deal, I will just call Cadillac corporate and they will surely take care of this known problem for such a long time loyal customer. Nope, they told me we don't cover anything out of warranty.

End of story!!!!!

Still in shock and planning my next move, but my next move will probably not have a Cadillac in it. :crying2:

I had a similar situation with Acura. My Navtraffic would occasionally not work. Finally the dealer found a bulletin that a software update was required. Acuracare would not pay for it for the same reason you were told, they only pay to repair or replace parts, not software updates or programming.

Difference with me is that the dealer ate the cost out of goodwill.

Tbbt
07-29-13, 05:23 PM
Cohen, Welcome to the forum. Owner since 2009 and this is your first post!

You don't need to double post here! Most forum participants read all threads!

See my post in the other posting!

Marv

PS - this isn't the complaint forum for Cadillac!