: Heritage Medallion

99GravyTrain
03-08-05, 04:54 PM
How would i go about getting one. I have owned more than one caddy now :)

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 05:17 PM
is that how you get one ? i just wanted one because i like them .....

ill have to look into it , ive seen them on ebay tho

99GravyTrain
03-08-05, 05:29 PM
Yes, i'm pretty sure thats how it works. After you own more than one cadillac you're suppose to recieve one with the Roman Numeral with the number of how many you have.

I would get a II being my second :)

brougham
03-09-05, 12:58 AM
I thought it was only for people who buy the cars new. Then the dealer should be able to get it for you. Like Stoneage_Caddy said they're on ebay sometimes. Look there.

youbetcha77
03-09-05, 08:53 AM
I think Sandy knows the details on this. It was something you had to order when you bought your car new. Im not sure what the number means.

Blaze

Sandy
03-09-05, 10:13 AM
No No No No No

When you bought the car NEW, the designated person at the dealership who took care of such, filled out a form & mailed it in, after you took delivery. In about 5 weeks the thing showed up in your mailbox, in a box. Some owners stuck them away somewhere, others put them on and yet others threw them out. It required opening the hood 1/2 way and kinda holding it there and one attachment from inside the hood going out (toward the installer) to be attached. As you can imagine, 80% of the owners couldn't care less. They came in gold finaish and/or in a pewter finish. If Pewter was not checked off, gold was automatically sent, which is why you see mostly gold ones. The program ended looong ago. Watch e-bay to get one, or ask at your Cadillac parts counter. I think that the program ended around mid-1994.

99GravyTrain
03-09-05, 10:17 AM
Geez, i was only 6 in 1994

Leloz
03-09-05, 11:03 AM
I received one each time I purchased a new Cadillac. I filled out a form with the number of Cadillac vehicles I had owned up to that point. With my 2004 Escalade, I received the newer type medallion... I still like the older style better.

youbetcha77
03-09-05, 11:24 AM
No No No No No

When you bought the car NEW, the designated person at the dealership who took care of such, filled out a form & mailed it in, after you took delivery. In about 5 weeks the thing showed up in your mailbox, in a box. Some owners stuck them away somewhere, others put them on and yet others threw them out. It required opening the hood 1/2 way and kinda holding it there and one attachment from inside the hood going out (toward the installer) to be attached. As you can imagine, 80% of the owners couldn't care less. They came in gold finaish and/or in a pewter finish. If Pewter was not checked off, gold was automatically sent, which is why you see mostly gold ones. The program ended looong ago. Watch e-bay to get one, or ask at your Cadillac parts counter. I think that the program ended around mid-1994.
So does the number on the medallion mean how many cars you have had?

Blaze

Leloz
03-09-05, 11:58 AM
So does the number on the medallion mean how many cars you have had?

Blaze

Yes it does, unless you purchased one from ebay and the like.

caddydaddy
03-09-05, 12:53 PM
I think that the program ended around mid-1994.

The program still continues! My Uncle bought a used 2000 Escalade in 2002 and a new 2003 Escalade and he has Heritage badges for both. My Mom also recieved one for her 2004 CTS.

Sandy
03-09-05, 04:37 PM
REALLY ??!!!!

I NEVER see a late model withthem on!! Never !! What do they look like now-a-days ????

youbetcha77
03-09-05, 05:01 PM
REALLY ??!!!!

I NEVER see a late model withthem on!! Never !! What do they look like now-a-days ????
This lady has one on her 2002. Ill see if I can get a pic.

Blaze

Leloz
03-09-05, 06:52 PM
This is the newer Medallion. I have one on the Escalade, it goes well with the Diamond White.. but I still prefer the old style medallions:

http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/68/97/30_1_b.JPG

Sandy
03-09-05, 10:08 PM
WOW - I have NEVER seen that, and there are LOADS of new Caddies are here, especially SRX & Escalades.

caddydaddy
03-10-05, 07:44 AM
I don't like the looks of them either, the old style looks better.

rbatt2
03-10-05, 09:01 AM
I have a brand new, still-in-box, never mounted, old-style, gold Heritage of Ownership medallion that I was planning to list on eBay. If anyone wants it send me an email. It reads "Golden Anniversary DeVille 50 Years" along the outer edge and has the roman numeral "I" and the Cadillac script in the center. The 1999 model year was the 50th anniversary of the DeVille, I believe. $25 and I will include overnight shipping. Thanks.

Sandy
03-10-05, 09:39 AM
THAT one I HAVE seen. THAT is a very rare 1-year only one, only sent to original buyers of the 1999 50th Anniversary Edition de Ville !! The Pewter ones of the early to mid 90s are also pretty rare. IMO they are not nearly as attrative as the gold ones..

JAZZ392
03-10-05, 12:19 PM
I have one of the newer medallion from my 2002 escalade with the numeral 6. They were all suppose to be different design for each medallion. I have not recieved one for my 05 escalade. Guess I will call the dealership to see if I can get another one.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-10-05, 04:16 PM
I have a new one. My dad's friend gave it to me, he got it when he bought his 03 CTS. Even though the emblem says 14, he claims its more like 18. He didn't get credit for a few because they weren't in his name. Like most people he could have cared less about it, which is why I have it. I've seen these on a few Caddy's around my neighborhood, so they can't be that rare.

brougham
03-10-05, 06:26 PM
THAT one I HAVE seen. THAT is a very rare 1-year only one, only sent to original buyers of the 1999 50th Anniversary Edition de Ville !! The Pewter ones of the early to mid 90s are also pretty rare. IMO they are not nearly as attrative as the gold ones..

I have one of those for mine but it isn't the gold kind. I don't like the way the gold ones look when none of the other emblems on the car are gold. It stands out too much. I don't think I've ever seen those emblems at all on a car here so I think it was a U.S. only thing.

devilleconcours100
03-12-05, 11:30 AM
Hi, guys. I personally got mine at a salvage yard, off of a 1987 Fleetwood that had a blown 4.1 and stripped out Transaxle. The guy said he was about to crush the car, but if I wanted anything I could have it. When I saw the gold emblem on the grille, I got it off and was going to put it on my 1994 Concours, but I did not like the way It looked with the Cadillac wreath and crest already in the grill, so I kept it. It says 4 anyway, and this is only my third Cadillac, (1983 Seville Elegante, 1986 Sedan Deville, 1994 Concours.) But if I buy this 1981 Seville, being my fourth Cadillac, I'll put it on there. I have seen the Pewter ones and the new ones, but the ones that interest me are the ones that just have a wreath and crest in the middle, instead of a numeral. I believe that was the one that was given out for your first Cadillac.
Thanks