: 2005 cts-v cursed?

mwolfe43
07-29-13, 11:38 AM
Hey guys so on my 05 v randomly ill start it and traction control will already be off and i cant turn it back on. Also randomly my window controls wont control other windows and i cant even unlock it from my driver door and last sometimes when i lock it the horn wont honk. It doesnt do this all the time just randomly. Ive tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting and it still does it. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Andringa
07-29-13, 12:59 PM
Search the forums for posts about electrical problems and you will find that a lot of them are related to bad batteries and bad connections from the negative side of the battery to the frame (ground).

Check the battery voltage while off (12V) and running (12.5V-13.5V normally).
Check the voltage difference between the negative battery terminal and the frame.
-You want this to be as small as possible. (Under 50mV (0.05V))

Ground issues were causing Oil sensor issues a few years back, their solution may also help you.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/150519-damn-high-oil-temp-alarms-here-post2275666.html#post2275666

mwolfe43
07-30-13, 11:42 PM
Did that and it seemed to fix the traction control problem! Nothing else tho... going to check the fuses tommorow

Andringa
07-31-13, 12:07 AM
There are other grounds around the car that may have the same issue. If Darkman sees this post he may be able to point you to specific ones you should check.

Good luck.

mwolfe43
07-31-13, 04:11 PM
Any other ideas guys?

Skidmarcx
07-31-13, 07:46 PM
I won't recommend this, but I've seen people remove the battery and touch the two battery cables together to reset the computer... Worked in multiple cases where random electronics wouldn't work on various vehicles... Personally I'd use a resistor to do that... Either way it's your call if you want to try it

isis
08-01-13, 10:57 PM
Is your interior light dimmer on full bright? Pull it back a little. The slide is faulty on early cars. I had randomly dying batteries, airbag warning light coming on while driving, and a few time the traction was off when I started the car and the steering wheel buttons didn't work. I don't know if it was the ground or the low battery but it all stopped with the stupid dimmer at 2/3 full bright.

Google Cadillac tsb #04-06-03-003C