: Steve Martin is the Pink Panther?

HotRodSaint
03-08-05, 11:23 AM
The return of Inspector Clouseau to movie theaters this fall will be expedited by the Smart fortwo - that's the vehicle Steve Martin will drive in the Pink Panther vehicle due later this year. Martin plays the Peter Sellers role in the new MGM film, investigating the murder of a football trainer. Kevin Kline and Beyonce Knowles also appear in the new film. Anders Sundt Jensen, Vice President Marketing & Sales at smart said in a release that "There is a good reason why Inspector Clouseau chose a smart fortwo as a police car. Both have a strong character and are the 'face in the crowd' as it were. And last but not least: Steve Martin can get around the city quickly in a smart fortwo."

Will this work? Because Sellars was a comic genius. And I like Steve Martin alot, but can he pull off being Clouseau? :hmm:

Adumb
03-08-05, 11:37 AM
im a big fan of steve martin, i watched the jerk over the weekend, that movie is hilarious. ive never actually seen the original pink panther movies but really want to because ive seen peter sellers in dr. strangelove and in being there. being there is probably in my top 5 favorite movies. but i dont think ive seen enough peter sellers to really judge how steve martin would do playing his character. i think if steve martin didnt try to emulate peter sellers, do the character his way itd be alot better.

slk230mb
03-08-05, 11:55 AM
I like Steve Martin, I loved My Blue Heaven. He may be able to pull it off.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 12:35 PM
i dunno steve martin ....i mean hes good and all but i cant picture "the jerk" as a pastel panther .....

Adumb
03-08-05, 02:23 PM
i dunno steve martin ....i mean hes good and all but i cant picture "the jerk" as a pastel panther .....

lol, al i need is this chair...

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 02:30 PM
if there is one thing in this world i want from that movie (for real) is the thermous he had.....

Elvis
03-08-05, 02:32 PM
No, he is NOT.

Will they EVER make another original movie in Hollywood that isn't about degenerate sex, bodily functions, or blowing things up?

I'm sick of re-makes.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 02:54 PM
No, he is NOT.

Will they EVER make another original movie in Hollywood that isn't about degenerate sex, bodily functions, or blowing things up?

I'm sick of re-makes.
nope , the days of good movies are gone , we are left with softcore and bloodshed

Adumb
03-08-05, 02:57 PM
there are still good, original movies coming out, but not as many as there should, or could be.

El Dobro
03-11-05, 03:49 PM
Hollywood tried using Alan Arkin as Inspector Clouseau and it sucked. Quite frankly, I can't see Steve Martin playing him either.