: CEL on and blink off/on

J Young
07-28-13, 10:59 PM
2005 STS V6, CEL came on last week while I was driving. Stop by O'Reilly and how the codes scanned: P0430, P0306, & P0206.
Since then I have had the oil changed, new spark plugs, new ignition coil for 6, intake gasket replaced and fuel injector #6 replaced. My car is still running rough and the link is blinking off/on more. Any advice? Cadillac mechanic/tech in Dallas,TX? Should I take it in to the dealership?

Thanks

Ghost Deany
07-28-13, 11:25 PM
Are you driving it while its blinking?

Ludacrisvp
07-28-13, 11:59 PM
IIRC a blinking CEL is usually indicative of bad misfiring occurring while it is flashing.

dkozloski
07-29-13, 12:43 AM
A blinking CEL means there is a critical problem with an element of the emissions control system that is currently causing severe damage. Bad misfires grunt the CATs in short order and may get hot enough to set the car on fire.

J Young
07-29-13, 08:37 AM
Yes, the light blinked while I was driving. I think I need to get it towed to the dealership to prevent any more problems......

carter's_sts
07-29-13, 10:29 AM
Probably another bad coil pack.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-29-13, 01:39 PM
Yes, the light blinked while I was driving. I think I need to get it towed to the dealership to prevent any more problems......

Hello J Young,

I apologize for any trouble you are experiencing with your Caddy. I see you are thinking about getting your vehicle towed into the dealer. Please let me know what you decide to do. I can be reached via private message so we can further discuss any concern or questions you may have.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care