: GM headphones 19245199. Why Dual Channel?

tcernilli
07-28-13, 05:33 PM
Hi
I purchased 2 GM headphones part # 19245199. They are dual channel A or B. They work with the Rear DVD fine on A or B. Should I be able to use them also to listen to the SAT radio od Multi disc changer? So far I can only use corded head phones to listen to a source from the front radio. This is in a 06 ESV Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Tom

the cadillac man
07-28-13, 07:29 PM
Hi
I purchased 2 GM headphones part # 19245199. They are dual channel A or B. They work with the Rear DVD fine on A or B. Should I be able to use them also to listen to the SAT radio od Multi disc changer? So far I can only use corded head phones to listen to a source from the front radio. This is in a 06 ESV Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Tom

The Infrared headphones are for the DVD player only
The rear seat audio controls are used with corded heaphones

tcernilli
07-28-13, 07:52 PM
Thanks that's what I thought but I had no manual since I was second owner. I guess the 2 channels might be if you had interference on one you could try the other?

the cadillac man
07-28-13, 08:08 PM
Thanks that's what I thought but I had no manual since I was second owner. I guess the 2 channels might be if you had interference on one you could try the other?

That is correct

Glad to help

mikedyk43
07-30-13, 02:18 AM
Actually, the headphones will not work on both channels for a single overhead DVD player. They come with two channels for the factory optional headrest DVD players that will play one movie on both or can operate independently on their own channel.