: Can you add Bose tweeters to the Bose Gold System?

JC316
03-08-05, 02:17 AM
Hi, I have a 95 Seville SLS with the Bose gold 4 speaker sound system. It sounds good, but the highs are nonexsistent. My friend has a 94 Infiity J30 with the same setup only he has great sounding tweeters. Is it possible to splice the outputs of the door speakers and run them to Bose tweeters? I know alot of you would suggest I just get an aftermarket system, but I don't have the cash at the moment and I just want some crisp highs from the factory system. Thanks in advance.
Jason
95 Seville SLS Red/Shale

SoundAdvantage
03-08-05, 05:49 AM
Running Tweeters off your door speakers should work just fine, I prefer Silk Dome tweeters with high pass crossovers myself, they sound excellent.

JC316
03-08-05, 10:33 PM
I can use a non Bose speaker? I thought it would damage the head unit. Also, do I tap the wire before it goes to the amp or do I tap the wire where it hooks up to the speaker? Thanks.

cl1986
03-08-05, 11:09 PM
Try to find 2 ohm speaker, splice at speaker, more than likely a 4 ohm tweeter wont hurt the amp, a 4 or 8 ohm 6x9 probrably would.

SoundAdvantage
03-09-05, 02:33 AM
I can use a non Bose speaker? I thought it would damage the head unit. Also, do I tap the wire before it goes to the amp or do I tap the wire where it hooks up to the speaker? Thanks.

The 4 ohm tweeters will work just fine on the Bose system you don't need a 2 ohm speaker. I would find some Silk Dome tweeters that have a good high pass crossover with each tweeter to keep low frequencies out of your highs. Tap the wire where it hooks to the speaker. The ohm load of any given speaker tells the amplifier how much power to push, the lower the ohm load the more power the amp will be told to push so a 4 ohm load with your tweeters or your 6x9s should pose no problems with your factory amps.
Where you will run in to problems on Bose systems is trying to install an Aftermarket Amplifier, You have to have a Bypass-Interface installed before you can run an aftermarket amp in any Bose system.

D148L0
03-09-05, 11:07 AM
I'd tap them in series, though.

Good to see you around, SoundAdvantage...

JC316
03-10-05, 10:58 PM
What about 6 ohm? I have some really good sounding tweeters, but they are 6 ohm. Thanks

D148L0
03-11-05, 12:40 PM
It does not matter.