: Just bought my '00 Catera today!

Catera2000SAT
03-08-05, 01:20 AM
Greetings all, new member here. I just upgraded from an old '89 Lincoln to a very nice 2000 Catera. I sat in it at the dealership and fell in love with it. So nice to have a stylish, comfortable car that can actually pass a gas station or 10!

But, here's my dilemma...I had a nice MP3 deck in the Lincoln that I decided to take with me, and I can't seem to find what I need to install it in the Catera so far. I've checked Best Buy and Crutchfield with no luck. Should I just take it to Best Buy (where I bought the deck to begin with) for installation, or can someone point me to the things I'll need to do it myself?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

CateraSport
03-08-05, 12:46 PM
If you take it to Best Buy or anywhere else, they will tell you there is no dash kit for the Catera and they will need to custom make you one and charge you from $150 and up...

But there is a dash kit out there, I actually had this same one put in my car a month ago with a 7" in-dash DVD player...

Metra 99-2004 $9.40
Metra 70-2001 $8.22.

You will probably also need a Metra 40GM12 adapter also ($4.04) to connect the GM antenna connector to the typical aftermarket radio. The whole mess cost me $21.66 + $8.85 shipping at audiooutfitter.com.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need additional info.