: New member, just saying hi!

pbruno
07-28-13, 11:13 AM
Hi, I've recently purchased a 2007 CTS as my first car and I must say, it's great and I'm loving it. It's comfortable and feels great driving it. I'm getting all kinds of compliments.

I did realize afterwards that I picked one in the 2003-2007 range but mostly because I got a deal for it. So it's doesn't have an aux in or bluetooth. I'll most likely be going through all aftermarket radio install's and try to keep the DIC. I never did anything like this so there will be a learning curve and I'm thankful for this forum. In any case, the rest of the car makes lack of technology.

I also started having some issues with the left turn signal intermittently going off. The behavior is strange and I'm suspecting a loose cable or connection. It sometimes works for an hour and everything is good. When it doesn't work, it could be as soon as I turn it on, sometimes it's on for 2 sec then stops completely, other times is comes back on after a few seconds.. Needless to say, this is annoying and somewhat dangerous depending where and when I drive.. So I'm thinking I might take the car to a mechanic as I don't think it can wait until I figure it out DIY style... unless of course it's an easy fix...

Regardless of the issues I'm having, this car is amazing and I couldn't be happier with it. I can't wait to start making some mods. I'll be sure to document the process (hopefully not breaking anything I can't fix) and share with the community. I'm sure I can find all the information I need here.. I do have to look for a service manual.. I'm sure I can find one online for 10-15$..

Ranger
07-28-13, 11:47 AM
:welcome:

orconn
07-28-13, 04:36 PM
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your CTS!

Faith76
07-28-13, 09:24 PM
H there. Happy new (to you) car day!