: Waterpump

rfishoutofwater
07-27-13, 04:20 PM
So our esv sprung a leak last night. Looks like the water pump needs replacing. Just glad that it didn't happen on our vacation. Any tricks to replacing? My local napa and Oreilys has both reman $76 and new $119 in stock. Gonna change thermostat too. Only question is why is there 2 different pumps available. One has 1.88 fitting and another is like 2.05.

the cadillac man
07-27-13, 11:12 PM
So our esv sprung a leak last night. Looks like the water pump needs replacing. Just glad that it didn't happen on our vacation. Any tricks to replacing? My local napa and Oreilys has both reman $76 and new $119 in stock. Gonna change thermostat too. Only question is why is there 2 different pumps available. One has 1.88 fitting and another is like 2.05.

Due to different size engines

rfishoutofwater
07-28-13, 12:28 AM
No it has 2 different ones for the 6.0. Ones an early build the others a later build. Mine was apparently the early. Either way i was able to replace the water pump, thermostat, ac belt and new coolant in under an hour. Very easy install. I was surprised. Only need a 15mm and 10 mm sockets and pliers. No special tools what so ever.

the cadillac man
07-28-13, 12:48 AM
No it has 2 different ones for the 6.0. Ones an early build the others a later build. Mine was apparently the early. Either way i was able to replace the water pump, thermostat, ac belt and new coolant in under an hour. Very easy install. I was surprised. Only need a 15mm and 10 mm sockets and pliers. No special tools what so ever.

Oh so that's why my gm manual shows two part numbers for one engine size

That is one thing I like about our trucks is they are easy to work on unlike some

rfishoutofwater
07-28-13, 01:02 AM
Yep. Very easy to work on. The size difference is the opening hole for the thermostat. Had to use a digital meter to match opening from old to new. Good thing i brought it in.

the cadillac man
07-28-13, 01:35 AM
Yep. Very easy to work on. The size difference is the opening hole for the thermostat. Had to use a digital meter to match opening from old to new. Good thing i brought it in.

Good to know

I thought it was a misprint in the service manual i am glad to know its not

Now I need one of those meters should I ever need it

rfishoutofwater
07-28-13, 01:41 AM
I dont have one either but the folks at oreillys did and measured both and mine as you cant eye ball it. To close to tell.

wesyder
07-28-13, 12:06 PM
I dont have one either but the folks at oreillys did and measured both and mine as you cant eye ball it. To close to tell.

Yes, i like the simplicity, reliability and cost of ownership, try that with a land rover or mercedes some of these guys rave about

grayparatrooper
08-06-13, 10:42 PM
Yes, i like the simplicity, reliability and cost of ownership, try that with a land rover or mercedes some of these guys rave about

This is why I bought an escalade. I've owned Lexus for year but the SUVs are kinda ugly lol and so expensive to replace stuff like air shocks. I,love mine so far.

the cadillac man
08-06-13, 11:00 PM
This is why I bought an escalade. I've owned Lexus for year but the SUVs are kinda ugly lol and so expensive to replace stuff like air shocks. I,love mine so far.

I know what you mean I looked at Lexus then didn't even want to endure the looks(blaa)