: Dash Cams

stormnn
07-27-13, 03:03 PM
Anybody here running a dash cam? I'm interested in getting one. I would like some 1st. hand experience on makes & models.
Norm.

TLC
08-24-13, 09:14 PM
I've wanted one for a while just not sure of a good one. Anyone have input?

Eddie39
08-25-13, 07:58 PM
I bought the one Kim Komando had on her website but I paid a lot more for it than the same ones I've seen of Amazon under a different name. It works great and you can use up to a 32gig card which will give you a little over 200 minutes of continuous recording. It comes with a long power cable and suction cup mount. I mounted it on the left side just below my mirror and ran the power cable up in the head liner down the rubber on the post, under dash and console to the power socket under the driver seat.

Asguard726
08-25-13, 11:14 PM
Hi guys,
I'm curious as to what one would do with a dash cam? Other than the police, what uses would there be? Not trying to be a smart a**, just curious.
Thanks,
Dan

Eddie39
08-26-13, 09:23 AM
I had a guy one Saturday morning run down the median and cut in front me, slamming on his brakes. Lucky for me the right lane had cleared allowing me the to do a quick lane change. There was no way I could have stopped my car to keep from hitting him. He was drive a Ford F250 and would have total my car if I had hit him. The accident would have been my fault if I couldn't proof what he had done. Also those who run red light also bothers me. That is the reason I got a dash cam, just a small price to pay for some added insurance.

LuciferEyes
08-26-13, 10:42 AM
I using "blackvue" including GBS to track your car from PC if some one use it .
They have APP on Iphone and android to check live time recording and upload file to youtube directly
Recored full HD 1080 .
16 & 32 memory card

Eddie39
08-26-13, 10:56 AM
Looks nice but I could not justify three or four hundred dollars for a dash cam.

RicktheRealtor
08-26-13, 03:07 PM
Dash cams are really popular in Russia. Seems like it's the "in" thing. They are forever posting videos of strange things (yes, including lots of accidents) onto youtube. Makes for entertaining viewing sometimes, but I, too, can't justify $400 for it. But then, it would be good to have video evidence if someone caused a wreck, and it wasn't your fault.

Atavar
08-26-13, 05:52 PM
For those of you who would like to have a dash cam but don't want to spend the big bucks these are amazingly good for what you pay for them and can take a 32GB micro-SD card.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DV-MD80-DVR-Sport-Video-Camera-w-8GB-Memory-Hidden-Video-Digital-Camera-/330887487534?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Reco rders_Cards&hash=item4d0a6e602e
There are lots of vendors selling the same thing all over ebay and Amazon, so don't take my link for a recommendation, I just pulled that one quick to show you what I was talking about. I use one of these on my motorcycle and I love the flexibility of being able to out it in a dash or windshield mount or to clip it to a pocket or lapel.

Eddie39
08-26-13, 06:45 PM
The one I have has a drop down screen to monitor with or for playback. It also has a nighttime setting.

Atavar
08-26-13, 08:38 PM
Yep, ya get what you pay for, no screen on the $16.95 mini cam.

Eddie39
08-26-13, 08:48 PM
I case anyone interested this is the one I ordered

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A7G1NP8/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ThumperPup
09-03-13, 01:53 PM
I have a fingerhut account they are threatening to close because I never use it but its good on my credit report
So the past few weeks I have actually been looking at 2 dash cams they had and the price is not bad for them

ThumperPup
09-04-13, 06:41 PM
1 other question
will a dash cam really make a difference or is it just a cool thing to have ?
like i guess what i am asking is
ok so you rear end someone
in the eye of the LAW and Insurance company you are at fault

Now if i have a dash cam and i have it on and it records someone getting infront of me and slamming on there breaks after cutting me off
will that really help me to get out of trouble in court and prove an accident is not my fault or for my insurance company to not hold me at fault ?

also same question about if someone is infront of me and they are stopping or it showes them slowing down but they have 1 or 2 break lamps out will that help me to be not at fault ?
or is it really just going to help for evidence in court if they try to sew me
but im still going to be held at fault for the accident ?

TLC
09-05-13, 08:39 PM
Absolutely it will. It will show exactly what happened. I've been wanting one for years beause there are so many scammers like this. But to answer your question yes it will save your ass in many situations. I hope to have mine by the weekend.

1 other question
will a dash cam really make a difference or is it just a cool thing to have ?
like i guess what i am asking is
ok so you rear end someone
in the eye of the LAW and Insurance company you are at fault

Now if i have a dash cam and i have it on and it records someone getting infront of me and slamming on there breaks after cutting me off
will that really help me to get out of trouble in court and prove an accident is not my fault or for my insurance company to not hold me at fault ?

also same question about if someone is infront of me and they are stopping or it showes them slowing down but they have 1 or 2 break lamps out will that help me to be not at fault ?
or is it really just going to help for evidence in court if they try to sew me
but im still going to be held at fault for the accident ?

Atavar
09-05-13, 08:54 PM
umm.. are digital images admissible in court now?

ThumperPup
09-05-13, 11:34 PM
yeah thats what im wondering i remember there was a time atleast up in ohio where they where not unless they where verafied and aproved by the court or law

like i know it will save my ass with insurance issues if someone tries to defruade or fake or something like that
but wondering if it will be admissible in court

hazcaddy
09-06-13, 09:18 AM
We had a case here last year where a driver with a dash cam was stuck in traffic on one of our expressways. The car in front suddenly backed up into him, and the young driver jumped out and accused the stationary driver of rear-ending him and demanding money to "repair" his car.. Since this was a favorite stunt members of his ethnic group pulled on that stretch of freeway, the first driver refused and called the cops. They took one look at the replay and arrested the fraudster; subsequently he, several of his buddies, and members of his family were charged with multiple occurrences of the same trick. The cops previously had no hard evidence when the "hittees" claimed they were stationary, but now they had proof. And it stood up in court.

ThumperPup
09-06-13, 09:34 AM
ah cool good to know this im heading to pep boys to get mind today