: Intermittent rear backup sensor dinging incessantly on reverse, turns on all 3 lights

Sentinelist
07-27-13, 03:20 PM
I can't make heads or tails of what's going on with my backup sensors. Once I shift into reverse, it just ding-ding-ding-ding-dings over and over until you put it in another gear. All four lights on the D-pillar inside light up when reverse is engaged. Occassionally, it works properly. Clearly it's a short somewhere, but what wires do I look at? I have done some work back there with the rearview camera mod you may recall I did a year ago (tapped the passenger reverse lamp for the trigger and the 12V port nearby for power), and honestly it's been a problem off and on ever since. Nothing for that system was touched to my knowledge. Where do I start?

Jophusp
07-27-13, 03:41 PM
I can't make heads or tails of what's going on with my backup sensors. Once I shift into reverse, it just ding-ding-ding-ding-dings over and over until you put it in another gear. All four lights on the D-pillar inside light up when reverse is engaged. Occassionally, it works properly. Clearly it's a short somewhere, but what wires do I look at? I have done some work back there with the rearview camera mod you may recall I did a year ago (tapped the passenger reverse lamp for the trigger and the 12V port nearby for power), and honestly it's been a problem off and on ever since. Nothing for that system was touched to my knowledge. Where do I start?

Do you have a ball, and hitch on there. Sometimes that will throw it off.

the cadillac man
07-27-13, 11:11 PM

Has the sensors been cleaned?
Mine did this one time and the sensors were dusty

Sentinelist
07-28-13, 01:52 AM
No ball and hitch, though I do have the tiny backup camera snugged between the hitch and the bumper cover. That couldn't affect it, could it?

Clean the outside of the sensors or disconnect them from inside the bumper cover and clean them? I've only cleaned the outside visible.

the cadillac man
07-28-13, 01:05 PM
No ball and hitch, though I do have the tiny backup camera snugged between the hitch and the bumper cover. That couldn't affect it, could it?

Clean the outside of the sensors or disconnect them from inside the bumper cover and clean them? I've only cleaned the outside visible.

The outside visible area is all I've cleaned

I don't think the camera location could effect it