: False Door Triggers on Aftermarket Alarm

jadz
03-07-05, 11:29 AM
I have an aftermarket Viper 791 alarm in my STS and I seem to be getting false alarms on my door trigger. This has happend many times in the past few weeks. My remote always shows it as a door trigger open trigger.

I have tested my other sensors to ensure that none of them trigger the input on channel 3 (which is the door trigger) and none of them do.

Any thoughts on what might be going on with these false triggers? Any suggestions?

Deville n J-ville
04-02-05, 10:27 PM
Without looking at your alarm installation, it's kind of hard to say what it could be. What I always do at work when I have falsing door triggers is to isolate the door triggers from the BCM with two diodes to each trigger wire. This will keep everything from back feeding to the alarm.

I must admit that I rarely get these kinds of problems on GM vehicles. It's mostly fords (go figure!), specifically newer Mustangs. I would take the alarm back to where you had it installed and tell them your problem and have them check it out.

jadz
04-10-05, 09:46 PM
I took a better look at the install today, and put a diode to the door but I am still getting triggers. You mention that I could use two diodes to isolate the door triggers from the BCM?

I'm not sure what that means. My alarm only has one wire going to a wire in the drivers side door.

Any thoughs? I'm about to cut that wire to get rid of these false alarms.

Deville n J-ville
04-12-05, 07:29 PM
Did you install it yourself or did a shop do it?

jadz
04-12-05, 10:53 PM
Shop did the initial install (I think they have to with DEI products?) and I have added on sensors. I'm pretty good with wiring and soldering, better than the original installer.

I'm sure there is something going on with some of the door switches becuase sometimes the courtasy light turns on and sometimes it doesn't etc.

cadavev
04-20-05, 05:12 PM
dei make a module that interfaces with the factory alarm i have one in my 04 avalanche with a clifford matrix 3.5 with remote start.