: AT&T GS4 new firmware Build UCUAMF3 via push update does not pair properly with CUE

marathonman89
07-26-13, 05:59 PM
Hello all,

Received the above update last week. Got in my 2013 XTS today and got the pair message (was working 100% before the firmware build update). However, a few minutes later the radio went dead. I turned off the car and restarted at a red light. Still paired, still not working. Pulled over and went to the phone icon in CUE. It showed a call in progress for about 4 minutes, looked at phone, no call in progress. Made a call from phone all back to normal. 5 minutes later, radio dead, back to square one.
I'm thinking that since it worked prior to the firmware update the update is the problem and not CUE. Called CUE they are clueless, but "will look into it". Nevertheless thought I would post and see if anybody else has experienced this or has any thoughts on the matter.

TIA - Pete

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-26-13, 06:52 PM
Hello Pete,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your CUE system in your XTS. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I see that you have already contacted our CUE support team. Please keep us updated on the situation! We will be looking for your future posts. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

pissedoffwookiee
07-26-13, 10:07 PM
Hello all,

Received the above update last week. Got in my 2013 XTS today and got the pair message (was working 100% before the firmware build update). However, a few minutes later the radio went dead. I turned off the car and restarted at a red light. Still paired, still not working. Pulled over and went to the phone icon in CUE. It showed a call in progress for about 4 minutes, looked at phone, no call in progress. Made a call from phone all back to normal. 5 minutes later, radio dead, back to square one.
I'm thinking that since it worked prior to the firmware update the update is the problem and not CUE. Called CUE they are clueless, but "will look into it". Nevertheless thought I would post and see if anybody else has experienced this or has any thoughts on the matter.

TIA - Pete

try deleting the car from the phone and the phone from the car and re-pair....if that doesnt work, do it again but before re-pairing reset all of CUE and Car settings to factory default then repair. after the update you essentially have a new phone and it sounds like the car is hanging onto something it remembers about your old phone, clear it all out and starting fresh, is the likely fix