: I may be buying a red 2012 red car no recaros and no red calipers

87GN
07-26-13, 12:01 PM
Car is brand new with 125 miles...yes a 2012 with one hundred miles. It is red with no recaros or red calipers. Are the red calipers brembos or just red calipers? I was wondering what you guys thought of the red car and owmany people do not want the recaro seats? I am a big guy and the recaros are NOT comfortable for me. Anyway, the car has every other option including pano roof. Just wanted some honest opinions. Thanks

P.S. The white 2011 car with mods owned by the tuner was more than likey a mule and I am waiting for a call from the actual owner before making any decisions.

IBMike
07-26-13, 12:13 PM
Not sure what opinions you are looking for... If you like the red and hate the Recaros, then it sounds like the perfect car for you. All the V calipers are Brembos, regardless of color.

neuronbob
07-26-13, 12:20 PM
Red Brembos are indeed an orderable option from the factory. From your post, though, you say the car has no red calipers. If this is the case, you can always have them painted; it's relatively inexpensive to do so.

If you don't want Recaros and you like the car.....then what are you waiting for? Go make a deal.

vfaninva
07-26-13, 12:26 PM
Sounds like a great car. If the price is right and you want it, snag it before someone else does!

Random84
07-26-13, 12:30 PM
Not sure what opinions you are looking for... If you like the red and hate the Recaros, then it sounds like the perfect car for you. All the V calipers are Brembos, regardless of color.

This.

The 2012 sounds like a nice fit for you - assuming the price is right! Good luck with your choice(s).

Trapspeed
07-26-13, 02:47 PM
Dude, that's a score. Go for it.

87GN
07-26-13, 06:41 PM
Price is $50k and I bought it. Thanks all.

Random84
07-26-13, 06:47 PM
Price is $50k and I bought it. Thanks all.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XUqFcW_E6h4/TS0OWTOdbtI/AAAAAAAAADc/UBs0_Dyv8Rs/s1600/Awww-yeah.jpg

87GN
07-26-13, 10:00 PM
Red Brembos are indeed an orderable option from the factory. From your post, though, you say the car has no red calipers. If this is the case, you can always have them painted; it's relatively inexpensive to do so.

If you don't want Recaros and you like the car.....then what are you waiting for? Go make a deal.

I was actually wondering what everyone thought of the red...I am not in love with it but it is different and when I am sick of it in 10-18 months I want to be able to get rid of a dark red V. Send your honest opinions pls. I have a deposit on it and it is mine if I want it. We all know that the price is right.

RapidRob
07-26-13, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a good deal! Red color issue is something you'll have to resolve, (if possible). AND, it's not a mule ... !! Congrats, (if you do buy it)!!

Rob

87GN
07-26-13, 11:02 PM
I asked friends, looked at others in pictures...I can't handle the red! I am back on the V hunt! I will take any color modded, except red, lol! Or a white car in any guise. Going away for the day tomorrow and will look Sunday and Monday.

PNBLWZD
07-27-13, 12:12 AM
Red and white were the 2 colors I didn't want when V shopping. The red reminds me of too many Mustangs and Hyundai cars I see that same color, and the white diamond strikes me as more of a DTS or Escalade color. Silver is my favorite color for these cars as it really shows the angular body lines and it's really easy to keep clean, followed by Black Diamond. Black Raven was in the middle of the list, as I just sold one of those and really didn't want to go through the labor time/involved to keep it looking good for about an hour.

Jinx
07-27-13, 12:14 AM
Not everyone likes the red metallic exterior, but it seems to be a popular color. I wouldn't imagine you'd have any trouble selling one later.

87GN
07-27-13, 07:07 AM
I am just not into red and you have to wonder why this dealer has a 2012 car leftover with 125 miles? Not saying that no one wants red but I don't even care why...just passing on that one. I actually wish that the white diamond wasn't diamond...I would love straight white! Almost every car I see is black...with in 20 miles of me on ebay there are 8 cars for sale...would you believe that they are all BLACK! Every single one! lol That said...I would take black because it does look good in black...Not my first color but I would take it...Just impossible to keep clean. Good guy from the AMG forum just bought the 664rwhp silver car from Virgina...I would have bought that car if he didn't.

neuronbob
07-27-13, 07:19 AM
^^^^^
That 664 whp car sold by the soldier in VA was a great car with all the mods done and proven. Too bad you didn't get it. Don't settle for black if you don't want it, there are plenty of V sedans out there. And don't panic. If you were looking for a wagon, then you might have to settle because there are so few.

BTW, the dealer who sold me my wagon, in justifying a nonrefundable deposit, indicated that if he were to order a V of any type on spec, he'd order raven black because that is what sells easiest. (Thankfully, I got a good deal on my blue hotness so I wasn't going to back out of the deposit anyway.) I suspect other dealers use similar logic. A black V is not going to be worth squat if 30 years as there are so blasted many of them.

Crystal Red CTS-V
07-27-13, 10:43 AM
The only thing about the crystal red is every time I stop for gas (frequently! :) ) I get someone coming over complimenting the car and the color! :)

AC Promotions
07-27-13, 10:54 AM
Any V that a dealer orders for stock usually has Recaros. During 2012 there was a period where Recaros were on constraints. Locally three were ordered into a large dealer and sat. One was dealer traded for an individual that wanted no Recaro's and the other two took a year to sell. The point being, there is nothing wrong with a 125 mile CTS-V as long as the dealer signs off that it was not transport damaged. I am not a fan of red but the V-red is an attractive color. The most common combination for resale is black, auto, sunroof. Consider buying the 2012 and using the left over money to do a custom wrap to personalize it the way you want. Just be cognizant that V's without Recaros are difficult to sell on the secondary market. Not impossible but you have to find the right buyer.

Good luck in your search.

Gary Wells
07-27-13, 11:24 AM
I am just not into red and you have to wonder why this dealer has a 2012 car leftover with 125 miles? Not saying that no one wants red but I don't even care why...just passing on that one. I actually wish that the white diamond wasn't diamond...I would love straight white! Almost every car I see is black...with in 20 miles of me on ebay there are 8 cars for sale...would you believe that they are all BLACK! Every single one! lol That said...I would take black because it does look good in black...Not my first color but I would take it...Just impossible to keep clean. Good guy from the AMG forum just bought the 664rwhp silver car from Virgina...I would have bought that car if he didn't.

Dealer demo?.
..........................you have to wonder why this dealer has a 2012 car leftover with 125 miles?..................
I would be very concerned about the same question.
Carfax & / or Carcheck?

RippyPartsDept
07-27-13, 11:42 AM
dealer demo would have more miles on it ... probably just test drive miles

by the way, we have a white 2013 (new) with red calipers and black chrome grille still in stock
was special ordered then the guy backed out of the purchase
not sure what they're asking ... might be worth making a phone call tho

Jinx
07-27-13, 02:44 PM
I see a 2012 with 125 miles and think that's about 75 stoplight drags with a cold engine and 50 emergency-stop-and-parks to give the brakes a reassurring pulse. Not that the car can't handle it, but it's a used car.

Thirty years from now, color won't matter much, unless you've actually stored the thing.

RogersV
07-27-13, 04:22 PM
According to Forbes; "white, silver, gray and black vehicles vastly outnumber cars of other colors,". If you want to look like everybody else go with one of these. :hide: :hide: :D

GM-4-LIFE
07-27-13, 09:14 PM
If the deal is one you can't walk away from and you can live with the options it has, go for it!!

SilverrV
07-27-13, 11:00 PM
I asked friends, looked at others in pictures...I can't handle the red! I am back on the V hunt! I will take any color modded, except red, lol! Or a white car in any guise. Going away for the day tomorrow and will look Sunday and Monday.

no more threads from you about possible cars to buy. good luck with the search but you don't need everyones opinions on colors and options when your the one driving the car!!

CavemanB52
07-27-13, 11:31 PM
I just gotta ask. What color do you want? If its that important to you then go get the color you want. If the deal on price is your thang then I'd get the red. Thred is bad ass IMHO. I got black only because my wife has a red SRX. So to not look like those couples who match clothing I went with my second choice. But most of all getting the car in a manual coupe was more important. Who gives a shit about the color. That icy frost grey and opulent blue are rare if that's what you're lookin for.

87GN
07-28-13, 07:59 PM
SILVERRV: I don't keep cars too long and NEVER want to be stuck with anything! Everyone has answered very nicely and I got the gist of it and cancelled that one...So it was very important to start this thread bc it doesn't matter what color I like...I just like to go fast. No recaros and the red seems like I should pass from 'the opinions on this forum'...but thanks for your (cough, cough) opinion.

I would like to have silver or white but would take a black or that dark grey color as well.

10 miles from here there was a satin black one for sale and it sold instantly...I was a little late in finding it online.

MikeJCx9
07-29-13, 01:13 PM
Ricky Bobby. :annoyed:

RogersV
07-29-13, 01:49 PM
The only thing about the crystal red is every time I stop for gas (frequently! :) ) I get someone coming over complimenting the car and the color! :)
I understand :yup: