: HID lights / window tinting

carguy16
03-06-05, 06:40 PM
For those of us with the 93-96 Fleetwood, could you put HID or Xenon head lights on our Fleetwoods? I keep reading all these stories that its not possible because we would fry the wires, or the bulbs are cheap and the color will melt off or just blow the bulb all together. I love that blue color, and it seems to me they arent as blinding as standard halogen lights.:coolgleam

Second, window tinting. How many have tinted their windows? I have a broken rear window in the back, the guides are gone(plastic clips?), when I decide to get it fixed in the future, will the tint be in any jeapordy? I went to an autoparts store asking for a "Door panel remover", I couldnt find one, and the store said they didnt have any. I just found ball joint removers and similar stuff, what would it be called? I wanted to be adventerous and pull the panel myself, this is a right rear window. Im thinking about a 10 percent for the rear windows, and either a 20 or 30 percent for the front windows. Advice?

scurling
03-06-05, 08:03 PM
Carguy16

The door panel remover is just a flat awquard looking tool. It is very helpful, so don't try using a screwdriver or something like that. The tool helps to aply an even pressure on the door panel where you pull out on the plastic clips. The panel is usually a heavy cardboard or fiber board, and it can bend and crack/break.

Just go to anothr parts store. You should find them in the "Help" product racks.

About the lights, someone just posted an old thread about lights, or something. It had a URL link to a specially parts site that included a beefy wiring harnes for the lights. I think it was for your same type of application.

carguy16
03-06-05, 10:04 PM
Thats where i was looking, the packages were read and said HELP! maybe i over looked it?

Carguy16

The door panel remover is just a flat awquard looking tool. It is very helpful, so don't try using a screwdriver or something like that. The tool helps to aply an even pressure on the door panel where you pull out on the plastic clips. The panel is usually a heavy cardboard or fiber board, and it can bend and crack/break.

Just go to anothr parts store. You should find them in the "Help" product racks.

About the lights, someone just posted an old thread about lights, or something. It had a URL link to a specially parts site that included a beefy wiring harnes for the lights. I think it was for your same type of application.

DaveSmed
03-06-05, 10:37 PM
What you could do, is use a relay to bypass the existing harness, using the headlight switch as more of a "trigger" for the higher current harness that you can feed right off a fused circut from the battery. The caveat is your reflector housing was designed for halogen, it could produce as much or possibly more glare. Question: has your headlights ever been aimed? If you can make more/better use of the light you get from the plain halogens, it may also help reduce glare by focusing more light on the road. Definitely worth a look into if you havent already.

FASSTWOOD
03-07-05, 08:20 PM
I have real xenons in my car so far no problems. I would those 100w bulbs they do burn up harnesses.

ocjmakaveli
03-07-05, 08:27 PM
the tool looks like a double screwdriver side by side kind of like a pitch fork or the kind of spatulas you barbecue with that have a fork end they go around the clip and pull it out evenly.

although myself I've always used a screwdriver because I CANT FIND THOSE DAM THINGS lol i'll have to order one online most likely or buy one from a dealership