: Brand New to the Forum

tr0uble007
07-26-13, 05:17 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and would like to start by saying hi! My name is Crystal and I have a 1995 Cadillac Deville. My poor baby needs work and I'm unsure what the problem may be. Any advice I could get would be greatly appreciated! First off she stalls out when stopped at a stop sign or stop light. Second I replaced the instrument panel cluster about 4 years ago and ever since then the defroster will come on at random times. Any ideas on what the problem may be?? I'd love to get her running smooth like butter so if anyone can help please send a shout out. Thanks!!

The-Dullahan
07-26-13, 05:25 AM
Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place.

FWD DeVilles are hardly my specialty, but I believe I can definitely help point you in the right direction:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/

That link will bring you to the best people to ask.

Another invaluable tool to acquire would be a Factory Service Manual for your Model/Year. You can usually find them at a decent price on Ebay. It's sort of like a "Haynes Repair Manual", but way more in depth and literally makes troubleshooting ANY problem so much easier.

Here's one for a decent price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-CADILLAC-DEVILLE-CONCOURS-SEVILLE-ELDORADO-FACTORY-SERVICE-MANUALS-SHOP-/380681989980?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item58a26a2f5c&vxp=mtr

The FSM may seem a bit costly, but I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I have been grateful for having invested in one for my '87 Brougham.

talismandave
07-26-13, 09:39 AM
Hi ! :welcome5:

Cadillac Kid03
07-26-13, 09:49 AM
:wave: Welcome!!!

bigm57ict
07-26-13, 11:30 AM
Welcome!

A '95 SDV is an excellent choice, I must say. :thumbsup:

As The-Dullahan stated, the Fleetwood/Deville FWD forum will likely become your favorite hangout. You will get a lot of help from some very knowledgable people.
I must also second his advice to get a FSM (Factory Service Manual)

Read the Sticky at the top on how to pull DTCs on your dash display. Post your questions along with any codes you get plus their definitions.

Next post a picture of your car in the "Pics of your FWD" thread. :)

:welcome:

Ranger
07-26-13, 03:23 PM

Will hold advice for your post in the Deville forum.

orconn
07-26-13, 03:35 PM
Welcome, Trouble 007! Where are you from?

Faith76
07-26-13, 05:28 PM
Welcome! Nice ro have another lady around. Well, woman... I'd never assume you were a lady LOL

MoistCabbage
07-28-13, 02:28 AM

Come on over to the FWD Deville/Fleetwood section.