: 2006 sts v worth

Konger10
07-25-13, 11:46 PM
What do you guys think a 2006 sts v 54000 miles specktre cold air intake borla exhaust worth. It has a rebuilt title from previous accident but all has been fixed. Very nice car

Guy.Seminerio
07-25-13, 11:50 PM
15 g's? Not based on anything. Just off what I think that would be worth. Rebuilt title is the big thing here.

Dave G
07-26-13, 09:52 PM
Rebuilt title would scare me away. $15k seems fair.

todrules
07-26-13, 10:01 PM
Yep rebuilt titles scare most people away. Either way it's only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

TimmyC
07-26-13, 10:39 PM
Rebuilt is a crap shoot. The car will be great if a competent person rebuilt it or it could be a piece of crap if a hack got a hold of it. A look underneath should tell the story. Make sure everything works too.

15g is a good price for a 54k mile car. If you plan on keeping it for a while you might as well buy it. The price difference on a rebuilt is more now than it will be when you sell it.

Konger10
07-27-13, 01:14 AM
I am actually selling. Bought car wrecked had it fixed locally good shop they do good work. Car didnt have any frame or core damage . Light frontis end collidsion no airbagsi deployed. Plus hadi lot of scratches down side of car like ran into fence line. 15000 is what i thought car should be worth easy but having hard time selling. Just checking to see if i was way off. Think what hurts is nobody really knows what a sts v i in my area. Thanks for the info

PNBLWZD
07-27-13, 06:22 PM
I see STS-V's with clear titles sitting unsold for a long time, so a salvage title is going to be a tough sell. FWIW, I sold my clear title 06 with 48k miles, super clean, with a Spectre 1 and 2, pulley, and $8k worth of HRE wheels a couple months ago for $24k - and that even took a long time.

wake
07-28-13, 12:40 PM
I think you have other problems that a buyer has to consider that makes it harder to sell.

1. Financing if the person can't acquire the vehicle without a loan. I don't think any bank would finance a branded title vehicle.

2. Insurance. I talked to an insurance agent probably 20 years ago about an older vehicle that had a rebuilt title and she told me that it would be extremely hard to insure beyond liability coverage. The insurance company doesn't have any way of knowing whether the vehicle was rebuilt correctly or what costs could be involved with an accident on top of what normal costs they'd expect to pay. For example, a $5000 repair may cost a lot more if the rebuild wasn't done correctly because more damage is encountered in the new accident. Then there are problems with what the vehicle is worth if it becomes a total loss if they would even insure more than liability.

I might take a chance with a $5000 vehicle that I planned to drive till the wheels fell off but not on a vehicle that I might at a later date trade in toward another car.

What's interesting is that the vehicle you purchased was totaled going by the light damage you mentioned it had. You have to ask, if it is economical to correctly repair then why did the insurance company total it in the first place. I'm sure someone in the know can chime in but I thought it went along the lines of damage around 80%-90% of the vehicle's worth would total it.

TimmyC
07-28-13, 03:03 PM
I think you have other problems that a buyer has to consider that makes it harder to sell.

1. Financing if the person can't acquire the vehicle without a loan. I don't think any bank would finance a branded title vehicle.

2. Insurance. I talked to an insurance agent probably 20 years ago about an older vehicle that had a rebuilt title and she told me that it would be extremely hard to insure beyond liability coverage. The insurance company doesn't have any way of knowing whether the vehicle was rebuilt correctly or what costs could be involved with an accident on top of what normal costs they'd expect to pay. For example, a $5000 repair may cost a lot more if the rebuild wasn't done correctly because more damage is encountered in the new accident. Then there are problems with what the vehicle is worth if it becomes a total loss if they would even insure more than liability.

I might take a chance with a $5000 vehicle that I planned to drive till the wheels fell off but not on a vehicle that I might at a later date trade in toward another car.

What's interesting is that the vehicle you purchased was totaled going by the light damage you mentioned it had. You have to ask, if it is economical to correctly repair then why did the insurance company total it in the first place. I'm sure someone in the know can chime in but I thought it went along the lines of damage around 80%-90% of the vehicle's worth would total it.

Financing depends on the bank. Some won't do it, some do half of clean title value, some even do 80%.

I've fixed and driven several wrecks and never had trouble with insurance.

I think most insurance companies use 75% as the cutoff on fixing a car. I've seen lots of "totaled" cars with minor damage. Some people will make a huge push to get a car written off.

Too much risk in a rebuilt car for most people.

1BadCadSTS
07-28-13, 03:41 PM
Where are you located op. I'm looking for a V.

Konger10
07-29-13, 01:28 AM
Ohio zip 45864.

1BadCadSTS
07-29-13, 08:29 AM
Pics? Before and after repair?

zek4964
07-29-13, 01:22 PM
Pics? Before and after repair?

I think I have seen this one up for sale when I was looking. If it is silver it must be the one, not sure of the interier but the outside of the car from the pics looked good. I think it was going for around 18500 on the net tho.

Konger10
07-29-13, 01:45 PM
Car is black outside black and tango inside. Dont have before pics wish i did. Give me your email and i send you some pics if interested.

1BadCadSTS
07-29-13, 05:37 PM
Car is black outside black and tango inside. Dont have before pics wish i did. Give me your email and i send you some pics if interested.

Color combo I want wish it was an 08+ for HUD though.

Pming email

wiz321654
08-14-13, 07:49 PM
I'm about to put my 08 silver with 40k up for sale the me the few weeks..

Still has Cadillac warranty until October and aftermarket 5 more years through Route 66...

surgeont
08-16-13, 08:52 AM
I wishI would have caught this about a month ago. I bought an STS4 w/28K for just under 13.
Id a paid 15 for a V and I had the cash. I love the one I vot though as its like a brand new car.

beyerch
08-24-13, 02:48 AM
Just wanted to chime in on loan / insurance.

I bought a rebuilt one last year and bank gave me no hassle about it. From a 'book value' perspective, they valued it pretty close to a non-salvage vehicle.

Insurance company (liberty mutual) gave me no trouble either.

Charles

boomys10
08-24-13, 12:00 PM
zek, I have mine listed on a site for 17.5 and its silver. wouldn't be surprised if you saw mine not his.