: The recycle guy likes my car.

heavymetals
07-25-13, 04:30 PM
Every month I take my empties to the recycle center down the street.

Today, the guy tells me his partner told him he saw me doing some "spirited" driving coming out of the Taco Bell.

A little lead footed, but no burn out (that I remember).

He even came out of the facility to take some pics of the motor.

I revved it real good as I left.

Good for the ego.

MikeDeadly
07-25-13, 08:39 PM
That's what I like about this car. It's still a head turner. Not just another Vette, or Camaro, or Mustang. I got comments from the guys that recently did my state inspection. Then on another occasion I had lost my way and was making a U-turn in a business park and a guy gave me a rotating arm motion, signalling he wanted to see me get on it. I was happy to oblige him.

H-town_V
07-25-13, 10:39 PM
The other day I walked by my mailman on the way to the V, I said hi and kept walking. When I started it up (with open cutouts) I saw him jump a lil bit then turn and check out the V. I always let my cars warm up for a min so he came over and asked about it. He was shocked to see a 6speed in a caddy then lost it when I popped the hood. He also thought it was a almost brand new car. It made my day:)

Heavybody
07-25-13, 10:49 PM
I love the fact that almost everyone thinks my 04 is new!!

With the exception of car guys that is

HAMSTAR
07-25-13, 11:04 PM
Working class guys LOVE this car. The guys at the golf club, however, just think it's got a hell of an exhaust leak.

Scott2012
07-26-13, 12:38 AM
I love the fact that almost everyone thinks my 04 is new!!

With the exception of car guys that is

No doubt- I love the first gen Vs!!

AAIIIC
07-26-13, 09:11 AM
At a stoplight yesterday the guy in the old van next to me was trying to talk to me through my closed passenger window. As the light was turning green, I put the window down and caught the end of his comment, something along the lines of, "That's some nice noise you're making over there." I laughed, and then goosed it across the intersection to let him really hear it. :p

heavymetals
07-26-13, 12:58 PM
If I wasn't due for smog check soon, I would be tempted to yank the cats and install the bypass.

B&B full on exhaust with an "X" pipe.

Rattles windows. WHOO HOO!

RyRidesMotoX
07-26-13, 11:27 PM
If I wasn't due for smog check soon, I would be tempted to yank the cats and install the bypass.

There are alternatives ;)

lollygagger8
07-29-13, 03:30 PM

B&B with Xpipe.......I can set off car alarms at will just idling. :worship:

----------

Working class guys LOVE this car. The guys at the golf club, however, just think it's got a hell of an exhaust leak.

The ladies don't have a hard time checkin it out either :lildevil:

rand49er
07-29-13, 05:59 PM
... A little lead footed, but no burn out (that I remember) ...Yeah, I don't recall all the times I've left rubber in the road, either. :D

carterjackson2
07-29-13, 06:33 PM
I am a relatively recent new owner of an 07 black on black all stock. Was sitting at a light the other day and after a lot of staring got my first thumbs up from two guys in a chevy pickup with a lift kit. That was sort of cool.

eagle-co94
07-29-13, 10:58 PM
The other day I walked by my mailman on the way to the V, I said hi and kept walking. When I started it up (with open cutouts) I saw him jump a lil bit then turn and check out the V. I always let my cars warm up for a min so he came over and asked about it. He was shocked to see a 6speed in a caddy then lost it when I popped the hood. He also thought it was a almost brand new car. It made my day:)
Did you order the pipes that your cutouts are mounted to or did you have an exhaust shop install them? I've currently got DMH's on my '96 SS but since that cars not on the road at the moment I'm thinking of moving them over to the V if i can get the pipes easily.

H-town_V
07-30-13, 12:12 AM
Did you order the pipes that your cutouts are mounted to or did you have an exhaust shop install them? I've currently got DMH's on my '96 SS but since that cars not on the road at the moment I'm thinking of moving them over to the V if i can get the pipes easily.

I just had my local muffler shop weld them in right behind some magnaflow mufflers. It sounds great, I've been driving with them open for a couple months and except for a lil drone I like it.

Here's a short video. http://youtu.be/duqCRBnEF44

eagle-co94
07-30-13, 12:39 AM
Interesting. I'd never think of putting the cut-outs behind the mufflers. That seems to defeat the purpose. I installed mine on the SS pre-muffler, right under my feet.

H-town_V
07-30-13, 01:06 AM
Interesting. I'd never think of putting the cut-outs behind the mufflers. That seems to defeat the purpose. I installed mine on the SS pre-muffler, right under my feet.

It's basically a muffler delete that can easily be closed.

eagle-co94
07-30-13, 09:25 AM
Are those actually mufflers in the back or resonators? A resonator delete is quite common with the GM B-bodies like my 96 SS and the Chrysler LX bodies like my c Challenger SRT8.

Andringa
07-30-13, 12:39 PM

I think that he meant in front of the mufflers. Or he means behind the mufflers when you are looking at the rear of the car?

This is a very common spot to mount them.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c316/sbcirclepants/2010-10-25172004.jpg
A different install, but the same idea.
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff329/DJEPIK1/CTS-V/CUTOUTs.jpg

eagle-co94
07-30-13, 12:54 PM
I had to google the stock exhaust setup as I havent' been under my car yet. In the video it looked like the bends around the diff were actually tubular mufflers wwhich is why I though it was strange. I normally refer to things on my exhaust in the direction of flow, not from point of view. That's why I was confused on the "behind" reference. There definitely seems to be more room in the back for the cutouts which is convenient.

H-town_V
07-30-13, 11:02 PM
I think that he meant in front of the mufflers. Or he means behind the mufflers when you are looking at the rear of the car?

This is a very common spot to mount them.

A different install, but the same idea.

That's what I was trying to say, I was thinking about the pov from the camera.