: 2003 Escalade - battery goes dead - in UK

wanderer01
07-25-13, 01:20 PM
I am rather stumped I took my caddy into the only dealer on the uk to cure battery drainage as I was told the bcm needed remapping coz of the steering position sensor and once it's done your problems will be over. What a joke it did not make any difference at all I have spent a lot of cash over the last 2 yrs trying to sort it out.

Submariner409
07-26-13, 09:10 AM
Model, year, mileage ??? Is this vehicle still in new or extended warranty (Cadillac Customer Care), or are you looking for advice from owner/DIY mechanics ??

In the UK, what recourse do you have if you are dissatisfied with a dealership's repair efforts ?

If CCC cannot resolve your query, we'll move this thread to the proper forums where MANY owners will get to pitch in, mostly on DIY efforts.

EDIT: Went back through your previous posts and see that your vehicle is a 2003. That takes it out of warranty inquiry status. I'll update your profile - login banner - to reflect your vehicle and year.

the cadillac man
07-26-13, 11:17 AM
I am rather stumped I took my caddy into the only dealer on the uk to cure battery drainage as I was told the bcm needed remapping coz of the steering position sensor and once it's done your problems will be over. What a joke it did not make any difference at all I have spent a lot of cash over the last 2 yrs trying to sort it out.

Where are you getting your batteries

Sometimes the bcm will be active if there is a bad ground(check battery cables) or bad key switch
I have the gm service manual on my laptop and will look into the wiring as soon as can get on the computer(I am using the iPhone app)

wanderer01
07-26-13, 08:49 PM
Where are you getting your batteries

Sometimes the bcm will be active if there is a bad ground(check battery cables) or bad key switch
I have the gm service manual on my laptop and will look into the wiring as soon as can get on the computer(I am using the iPhone app)

I got my battery and new Leeds from American auto centre near Birmingham about 6 weeks ago Plus a new alternator.

the cadillac man
07-26-13, 09:14 PM
I got my battery and new Leeds from American auto centre near Birmingham about 6 weeks ago Plus a new alternator.

Ok
From my previous experience with faulty modules they can drain the battery so more then likely the sensor wasn't what you needed(I am almost sure the steering wheel position sensor is tied in with the PCM not the bcm but will check to be sure

the cadillac man
07-26-13, 11:23 PM
Update I am looking at my wiring diagrams and the steering wheel position sensor is powered and read by the bcm

Now I need to know some more info
1 does the real time damping suspension system react to sharp turns of the steering wheel at various speeds(be careful during testing)

Also is the service stability system message popping up in the drivers information display(in the odometer)

If yes to the first one then the steering wheel sensor is working

If yes to the second one then the sensor is needing replacing

wanderer01
07-27-13, 06:00 AM
Where is the sensor located? And is it easy to replace?

the cadillac man
07-27-13, 10:34 AM
Where is the sensor located? And is it easy to replace?

It requires removing the steering column covers and the steering shaft(I can email you a link with the gm service manuals if you pm me your email)