: white V in Indiana owned by Jesse any info.?

87GN
07-25-13, 11:18 AM
2011 white diamond cts-v in Indiana with 18k miles with every option and auto transmission. Does anyone know anything about this car? I just left a deposit on it and just want to know if any of you guys know Jesse or anything about the car. Thanks in advance.

baabootoo
07-25-13, 01:20 PM
So you're buying it from the Wait4Me Jessie? I know him as decent business person, but that's all.

neuronbob
07-25-13, 01:34 PM
Don't know anything about the car but my dealings with Jesse (if you are referring to wait4me) were very positive.

Luna.
07-25-13, 03:32 PM
Is this the same car that was supposed to be 1,000rwhp (or whatever) that he could never get to run right?

neuronbob
07-25-13, 03:46 PM
No, that's a different V; Jesse owns several. In the one you are referring to, he gutted the interior for weight savings.

musclecar6
07-25-13, 07:15 PM
2012 + years have staged upshifts on the A6. This means the next gear is preloaded giving faster up shifts on the 1/2, 2/3,3/4 upshifts. 2011 & prior years cannot be tuned to do the same thing.

87GN
07-25-13, 09:45 PM
Not sure if it the 100rwhp car but I hope not! Here is what I heard...the car used to make a lot more power but it is now detuned and the trans. is different now or worked in some way! (The seller who knows Jesse claims that the trans. cost $6k) I hope that someone chimes in who knows about any of this. This is about all I know! The car is 800 miles away so I will be buying it blind but the guy seems excellent..who knows...but my instincts are pretty good.

Someone else said that he a had a few of these cars and that is what I heard also...this is the white one! Don't know if that helps.

Random84
07-25-13, 10:07 PM
I personally would be scared sh!tless of buying any personal vehicle of a "tuner" right up there with a Motor Club's used inventory, but that's my general paranoia and NOT a statement towards this gentleman in particular, as I don't have any direct experience with him. But I'd wager he had to practice his tunes, dremeling injectors, etc on whatever cars were at hand, is all I'm sayin'.

I'd see this purchase as being slightly more risky than buying a standard used car, if only because you can pretty much guarantee that A: he was never concerned about a warranty, B: the car was modded, tweaked, driven hard, probably partially-demodded and then prepped for sale, and C: well, it's a used car that's probably been messed with and "enjoyed" quite a bit. If you buy this car, you're pretty much buying Wait4Me's honor, integrity and reputation while hoping it's as valuable to him as it is to you.

A very public transaction works in your favor, as the seller is more inclined to make sure things are squared away if his reputation depends on it (word travels fast on the Internet). The up side is you might be getting a relative bargain on any modifications already on the car, a calibration fit for a Tuner's personal ride, etc; depending on how meticulous this person is with his vehicles? But... there's the risk of you being that Example if things don't work out as planned.

Your mileage may vary, the car might be perfectly legit, Jesse might be the World's Most Honorable Guy Just Short of Jesus for all I know - but at the end of the day you're buying a $45K+ used car as-is: so Buyer Beware.

Full Disclosure: I'm a paranoid cynic. :D

87GN
07-25-13, 10:16 PM
I personally would be scared sh!tless of buying any personal vehicle of a "tuner" right up there with a Motor Club's used inventory, but that's my general paranoia and NOT a statement towards this gentleman in particular, as I don't have any direct experience with him. But I'd wager he had to practice his tunes, dremeling injectors, etc on whatever cars were at hand, is all I'm sayin'.

I'd see this purchase as being slightly more risky than buying a standard used car, if only because you can pretty much guarantee that A: he was never concerned about a warranty, B: the car was modded, tweaked, driven hard, probably partially-demodded and then prepped for sale, and C: well, it's a used car that's probably been messed with and "enjoyed" quite a bit. If you buy this car, you're pretty much buying Wait4Me's honor, integrity and reputation while hoping it's as valuable to him as it is to you.

A very public transaction works in your favor, as the seller is more inclined to make sure things are squared away if his reputation depends on it (word travels fast on the Internet). The up side is you might be getting a relative bargain on any modifications already on the car, depending on how meticulous this person is with his vehicles. But... do you want to be the Example if things don't work out as planned?

Your mileage may vary, the car might be perfectly legit, Jesse might be the World's Most Honorable Guy Just Short of Jesus for all I know - but at the end of the day you're buying a used car as-is: so Buyer Beware.

Full Disclosure: I'm a paranoid cynic. :D

I agree and I am a little skeptical but I also believe that it was probably well taken of as us forum guys are usually pretty picky. I would assume that it is all done correctly at least and it is still under warranty. I am assuming that it runs really well if 'he' owned it but I understand your possible assumptions.

87GN
07-26-13, 10:07 AM
I have to bump this thread as I need as much info. as I can get before I actually pay for this car.

Cub Cadet
07-26-13, 03:43 PM
Run away from this car!!! It is BAD news. From the inception of the 09 CTS-V, Jesse has created abomination after abomination. For piece of mind, definitely go elsewhere for any other car. Jesse has a knack for ruining vehicles.

cdog533
07-26-13, 05:36 PM
I don't know Jesse, but a tuner's car will have been modded, and thus the factory warranty is likely compromised. Also, if the car did make high horsepower at one point, that likely put extra stress on components that will fail in the future.

Unless you plan on heavy modifications, or racing, etc. and don't care about stuff like this, I would not buy that car. Plenty of cars available....

wait4me
07-26-13, 06:09 PM
Hi, That car is one of mine. I own 4.

I never drive them so I am just getting rid of most of my cars. I own 55 vehicles, so obviously I need to get rid of the ones I don't use.

That car is all stock except 2.55 upper pulley lingenfelter 650 package. pulley, filter as per their 650 kit.
It has Kooks headers. And a modified billet transmission that I got from a company that was going to mass produce them for 10k each but quit after not being able to get the parts for them any cheaper. The internals are all awesome on it and it changes gears VERY fast. Power glide clutches and other aftermarket clutches where also used. I put it into a stock vehicle to test durability and drivability on it and let my brother in law drive the car for the 18k miles. I drove this car 7 times since owning it back in 2010 when I bought it. A total of 100 miles if that. The rest my brother drove on it.

I don't need 4 of the 2009 up ctsv cars, I was dumb to by that many of the same car. I have 3 left, a 2011 white race car stripped down to nothing, the white one that guy is selling, and a 2009 blue one. I sold the red 2009 several months ago when I bought 2 fisker karmas..

The car does have a set of drag radials on it, as a guy that wanted to buy the car wanted them, but I do have the rear rubber that goes back on that is included with the sale.

Nothing has been a "hackjob" on the car. And the dealer warranty is still valid on it, but depends on the dealer if they will void it for the headers that are on the car. Every dealer is different. I would include the stock manifolds to the new owner. Most people buy the car and put on those exact mods, so I figured I would just help them along and save money to the buyer..

It is NOT my white racecar..

----------

Run away from this car!!! It is BAD news. From the inception of the 09 CTS-V, Jesse has created abomination after abomination. For piece of mind, definitely go elsewhere for any other car. Jesse has a knack for ruining vehicles.

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. 1 person out of 1000s of customers had an issue, and it was all proven not my fault, so get on with your life without spreading invalid info. Thanks.

----------

One only history of that car was that a tree branch came down and hit the back window and cracked it, so I had it replaced with another oem gm rear window.

----------

Not sure if it the 100rwhp car but I hope not! Here is what I heard...the car used to make a lot more power but it is now detuned and the trans. is different now or worked in some way! (The seller who knows Jesse claims that the trans. cost $6k) I hope that someone chimes in who knows about any of this. This is about all I know! The car is 800 miles away so I will be buying it blind but the guy seems excellent..who knows...but my instincts are pretty good.

Someone else said that he a had a few of these cars and that is what I heard also...this is the white one! Don't know if that helps.

This vehicle never made more than 550 rwhp.

87GN
07-26-13, 07:38 PM
Carfax says 2 owners...new owner and dif state at 12k miles so how was it driven 18k miles by your brother? Some tranny is in the car that was never proven and I have a very lenient dealer here but he will not EVER warranty 'that' transmission! I am out! GLWS!

wait4me
07-26-13, 08:03 PM
The transmission was proven to work. They just couldn't find a way to make money on them vs cost. I have the stock transmission for the car that could be put in, I just figured someone would want a 10k transmission for free that is a ton better than stock. As for miles on car, Ben has drove the thing since I got it as an employee car. He picked it out, I thought it was new, I never asked. I just paid the bills. ohh well.

----------

Also to add. Stock transmissions are 2000 dollars new. These cars are cheap to fix even with 0 warranty.

Cub Cadet
07-26-13, 08:34 PM
What a mess. It's the same old thing all these years later.

wait4me
07-26-13, 08:37 PM
Car is no longer for sale. Ill put the stock transmission in it and just put it in storage like the rest of the cars and give them all to my kids when im gone... Lol I try to give someone a good deal and someone tries to turn it against me. lol nice..
It isn't like I was even charging full price for the car..

SilverrV
07-26-13, 09:22 PM
Jesse was up front and honest. Could he have not disclosed it was his car yes. would you never have a clue who's car it was? Prob not. No one cares if you buy his car or not, 800 miles is a far way. I wouldn't do that personally but thats me. but for you guys that are stuck on hating Jesse get over it. I can say in the past year no one has complained about not being able to reach him. He seems more active over here. Give him a break already.

Go slam Cadillac for building a car for $70,000 and have all the creeks and pops and rattles and ticks and see where you get.

Random84
07-26-13, 10:35 PM
That car is all stock except 2.55 upper pulley lingenfelter 650 package. pulley, filter as per their 650 kit. [don't forget the tune]
It has Kooks headers. And a modified billet transmission that I got from a company that was going to mass produce them for 10k each but quit after not being able to get the parts for them any cheaper. The internals are all awesome on it and it changes gears VERY fast. Power glide clutches and other aftermarket clutches where also used. I put it into a stock vehicle to test durability and drivability on it and let my brother in law drive the car for the 18k miles.

...And the dealer warranty is still valid on it, but depends on the dealer if they will void it for the headers that are on the car. Every dealer is different.

http://cdn.overclock.net/d/d7/d7e3be54_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

See, this is where I have to take exception (and exactly why I would not touch a "tuner's" car with a 10 foot pole and 6mil rubber gloves): You list an "all stock" vehicle... except for the pulley, tune, headers, and @#$%ing aftermarket transmission (that is effectively a one-off unit) and you have either the audacity - or the ignorance - to act like there is going to even remotely be a "warranty" on this car? For @#$'s sake - your take on this is that "every dealer is different?" If the Buyer is LUCKY, he'll have the weatherstripping covered under warranty - as for the tuned engine, modified transmission and drivetrain? That's just completely irresponsible to suggest to a novice buyer.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/112010/1290603068_crazy-brazilian-murderer-interview.gif

87GN
07-26-13, 11:24 PM
Jesse was up front and honest. Could he have not disclosed it was his car yes. would you never have a clue who's car it was? Prob not. No one cares if you buy his car or not, 800 miles is a far way. I wouldn't do that personally but thats me. but for you guys that are stuck on hating Jesse get over it. I can say in the past year no one has complained about not being able to reach him. He seems more active over here. Give him a break already.

Go slam Cadillac for building a car for $70,000 and have all the creeks and pops and rattles and ticks and see where you get.

I see that you are a fan of his and he might be a great guy.... I do not even know him a little bit so I can only go by what I heard so far...he claimed that he owned the car since new and then claimed that he didn't know that he bought a used car with 12k miles! LMAO...Then claimed that getting stuff warrantied shouldn't be a problem! WHAT? Who on earth is going to warranty that one off tranny? The guy that he has selling the car is a nice guy and I said that I WOULD not buy the car without speaking to Jesse himself!!! Well, Jesse never called me! So I posted this on here asap to get answers before I purchased some Frankenstein car! I can only thank all of you for all of your help and to Jesse: I don't know you one bit but if you would have just called me then all of this wouldn't have been on the forum...I would've simply passed on the car verbally and it would have all been over. I have an AMG benz now so I am no newbie by any stretch and I am buying the V for the modding power. I am a newbie 2nd gen V buyer though as I had a 2004 V years ago. Thanks again to all.

Cub Cadet
07-27-13, 12:08 AM
Hmmm... No return phone calls... Par for the course.

Google wait4me.... You will find all kinds of great reading!!

87GN
07-27-13, 12:14 AM
Hmmm... No return phone calls... Par for the course.

Google wait4me.... You will find all kinds of great reading!!

It actually wasn't return phone calls, the seller said that he would have Jesse call me and I told him that I would not buy the car without speaking to him first and that call never came...hence...here I am! Again, I appreciate all the help.

RobF300
07-27-13, 07:37 PM
I own 85 vehicles including 18 V's, call me and maybe Ill sell one to your friend

translux
07-28-13, 11:31 AM
I own 85 vehicles including 18 V's, call me and maybe Ill sell one to your friend

Guys for what it's worth Jesse has a ton of vehicles, I have seen them, most heavily modified sitting in a warehouse next to his shop.

spearfish25
07-28-13, 07:45 PM
You hope it's not the 1000hp car but you know it had much more power and now it doesn't? Sounds like the 1000hp car.

I'd never buy a car from a tuner unless I knew exactly what it had done previously. Then I still wouldn't buy it.

87GN
07-28-13, 08:47 PM

How am I supposed to call you with no phone number? Pm me your number and I will be there tomorrow. Thanks

I just PM'd you.

SilverrV
07-28-13, 11:56 PM
I see that you are a fan of his and he might be a great guy.... I do not even know him a little bit so I can only go by what I heard so far...he claimed that he owned the car since new and then claimed that he didn't know that he bought a used car with 12k miles! LMAO...Then claimed that getting stuff warrantied shouldn't be a problem! WHAT? Who on earth is going to warranty that one off tranny? The guy that he has selling the car is a nice guy and I said that I WOULD not buy the car without speaking to Jesse himself!!! Well, Jesse never called me! So I posted this on here asap to get answers before I purchased some Frankenstein car! I can only thank all of you for all of your help and to Jesse: I don't know you one bit but if you would have just called me then all of this wouldn't have been on the forum...I would've simply passed on the car verbally and it would have all been over. I have an AMG benz now so I am no newbie by any stretch and I am buying the V for the modding power. I am a newbie 2nd gen V buyer though as I had a 2004 V years ago. Thanks again to all.

I am not a fan of jesse's. I never spoke with him or did business with him. But if the guy has 50+ cars and runs a business I can understand him not knowing the details of one of his cars purchased new vs used. I have 3 cars and I have a hard time remembering what year each car is.
I hope you don't buy this car. I can only imagine the threads you would start. And the fact that jesse did not get on the phone, he answered you publicly saying he will save the car and not sell it.
You can google his name and find out his past with certain members but he didn't try to screw you. He doesn't seem like an over eager seller trying to push a frankenstein built car on you.

trans_lux
07-29-13, 05:20 PM
You hope it's not the 1000hp car but you know it had much more power and now it doesn't? Sounds like the 1000hp car.

I'd never buy a car from a tuner unless I knew exactly what it had done previously. Then I still wouldn't buy it.

No he says its another white car..