: FIRST Robotics Competition: NH Regional

RBraczyk
03-05-05, 10:39 PM
We placed second!

Our team is 138, otherwise known as entropy (a mistake, how fitting) and along with 175 Buzz, from enrico fermi high school, and a plywood robot we call plybot we were able to place second. I wanted first place, as well as teh rest of us, but due to problems with us and Buzz we couldn't compete in the second round, and we got schooled.

It was a great competition and a badass robot. I'm going to link our website to this so you can go around and take a peek. I do electrical and Pneumatics but I'm allways in the pits between matches fixing everything from electrical, pneumatics, or even mechanical.

Any questions please ask, or if you were at any of the competition...

http://www.robotics138.org/

Our school is Souhegan High School in Amherst. There are around 30 kids on our team between animation, programing, electrical/pneumatics, and mechanical.

Thanks for reading.

Ah, and we will be going to the Nationals in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia. If you live there or will be in the area (april 25-april...) please stop by our team in the pits. I'll tell you what I look like so we can become acquainted

Kev
03-05-05, 10:49 PM
Good job! Keep up the good work.

RBraczyk
03-05-05, 10:51 PM
Thanks! I forget are there FIRST competitions on the west coast?

HotRodSaint
03-05-05, 10:55 PM
We placed second!

Well done! :thumbsup:

RBraczyk
03-05-05, 11:03 PM
Thanks, I told you I was part of the future damnit!

HotRodSaint
03-05-05, 11:09 PM
Thanks, I told you I was part of the future damnit!

Robots. Future. Rob.

I'm scared... :lildevil:

RBraczyk
03-05-05, 11:23 PM
Don't worry I only do pneumatics. Thats my task but I do other help too.

RBraczyk
03-05-05, 11:41 PM
I take big responsibility. When we're not in a match I'm in the pit helping the advisors fix crap because few help. Plus I help round up the younger high schoolers when we need to go to the cheering area. Its quite something to see and experience. The teamwork is something else. Your emotions are charged and its intense.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-05-05, 11:47 PM
I got three words for your next competition RB ...

Electro Magnetic Pulse , ive heard you can make units that duplicate this from parts baought at radioshack ....Win a battle and never fire a shot off ...

Perhaps jam there frequency with something ? disable the comm with the offending robot and move in for the kill ....nutralize and destory !!!

RBraczyk
03-05-05, 11:51 PM
Believe me, EMP has been asked and debated for about 6 years now...

Interference with radio is unallowed, as well as malicious hits.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-05-05, 11:53 PM
Damit , that aint warfare .....

RBraczyk
03-05-05, 11:56 PM
Its not supposed to be warfare. If you saw how ****ed up our bot got today you'd understand why. Its supposed to be acomplishing a task, not a destruction derby. There's not a whole lot of excitement in that when you have to fix the bot.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-06-05, 12:04 AM
it aint kill the opposition ? take the hill ?

i dont think i get it ....whats the task ?

sounds like haveing "the fridge" on your office flag football team .....if you cant faltten the basturd from accounting why bother ?

RBraczyk
03-06-05, 12:06 AM
Check the site........................

Ralph
03-06-05, 12:12 AM
Check the site........................

That's impressive, congrats.

I saw 'I ROBOT" so I know what the future brings. :suspense: ;)

When I was a kid I had a book on robots from the 1950's and it said that robots would be doing our jobs for us and making life easier, etc. Little did we realize they will probably create more unemployment if they haven't already, LOL!

Sorry, hope that didn't sound negative? :(

Just ironic I guess. :hide: