: Gforce 1 Piece Driveshaft Problems

jtcu
07-25-13, 01:23 AM
I purchased and installed a 1 piece driveshaft from chris over at Gforce and have had nothing but issues with it. Originally it was virtually undriveable and it felt like I had a bent rim driving down the road, it was professionally installed by a highly respected driveline shop. So they sent me another set of adapters which made the car driveable up to about 65mph. Unfortunately I actually use the interstate sometimes and have occasionally been known to go over 65mph... They sent another set again, but this time nothing changed. Has anyone else purchased a 1 piece driveshaft from them or anyone else and had any problems with theirs? I appreciate any input.

MotorMounts
07-25-13, 09:12 AM
I have a 1 piece drive shaft in my car from Drive Shaft Shop. It's been smooth as glass from day one. I forget that it's even in there until I go under the car for something else.

Make sure all the bolts (and washers)that bolt the adapter to the trans are the same. Same with the bolts for the adapter to the drive shaft. When you take the shaft out again, compare all of the adapters that you have received. Measure them with a micrometer/calipers. If they are all the same, then the only variation is the way your highly recommended driveline shop is doing the install.

They may not be sexy but those rubber drive shaft couplers isolate a ton of drive live vibes.

It also sounds like Gforce is doing all they can to help, especially from a 1000? miles away. I would ask your install shop to step-up their game. Maybe put a dial indicator on the shaft once installed?

Stick with it, you'll get it.

jtcu
07-25-13, 10:16 AM
I have a 1 piece drive shaft in my car from Drive Shaft Shop. It's been smooth as glass from day one. I forget that it's even in there until I go under the car for something else.

Make sure all the bolts (and washers)that bolt the adapter to the trans are the same. Same with the bolts for the adapter to the drive shaft. When you take the shaft out again, compare all of the adapters that you have received. Measure them with a micrometer/calipers. If they are all the same, then the only variation is the way your highly recommended driveline shop is doing the install.

They may not be sexy but those rubber drive shaft couplers isolate a ton of drive live vibes.

It also sounds like Gforce is doing all they can to help, especially from a 1000? miles away. I would ask your install shop to step-up their game. Maybe put a dial indicator on the shaft once installed?

Stick with it, you'll get it.

Each set of adapters has been completely different than the previous, and come with their own bolts. After this last time the shop balanced the driveshaft and measured the angles from front to rear and accounted for a -2.0 degree behind the transmission and a -0.4 degree angle at the rear. I guess that was the reason for the original 2 piece design? The guy said that a CV joint at the trans rather than a universal joint would fix the issue, but the gforce folk are saying that no one has had any issues except for me so I wanted to see if anyone on here has installed one of these before and if they ran into similar issues or if I am the only one. I really wanted to avoid taking the driveshaft off and sending it to dynotech to make sure it is balanced. I have been without the car for 3 weeks so far so what's another 4-6... I guess I can go back to the driveline shop and tell them to up their game though, maybe they can machine some splints or brackets to get this brand new driveshaft to work properly on my one of a kind car.

verywhitedevil
07-25-13, 11:23 AM
I have a GForce 1 piece aluminum shaft and have not experienced any issues. I know when I installed mine, there was a 2" gap that I had to pull the joint forward to secure the adapter to trans/driveshaft. If you had a driveline shop install, I would think they could figure it out. Could it possibly got out of balance during shipping? i wouldn't think so, but the shipping companies dont give a sh*t about the packages anymore. i hope you figure it out. I am still wanting to push mine beyond 150, but scared.

lollygagger8
07-25-13, 12:43 PM
I have a Gforce 9" with axles and DS, and absolutely no issues. Gforce stands behind their stuff, and are very good at what they do.

Sounds like it's time to get a new shop.

jtcu
07-26-13, 09:05 AM
Maybe my car is different somehow, either that or somehow the shop did something completely different and unusual when installing my driveshaft 3 times than they do with every other customer that recommended me to them. Who knows, guess I'll take it off and send it to michigan on vacation, hope to figure this one out. Thanks for the people that actually have a Gforce driveshaft and responded, trying to narrow down the issue to the driveshaft/car.