: New to the Site

kimmieh76
03-05-05, 09:42 PM
Hello. I'm Kim. I'm a single mom of two.. a 9 year old boy and a 2 1/2 year old girl. I am a full time college student at one of the premier nursing schools in Ohio, Mount Carmel College of Nursing, and I work part time at a daycare... (saves me a bundle on daycare lol). I have a 1986 Fleetwood, with a rebuilt 87 engine that my dad installed about 4 years ago. She's (yes, it's a she lol) got roughly 194 thousand ++ miles on her. She's a purplish/maroon (don't really know exactly what color lol). I have had her since fall, 2002, after I had my daughter, when Dad decided I needed something to protect me and my kids. :)
I absolutely love my car. Yes, she definitely has some wear and tear... paint fading, some of the interior needs redone... but she still rides great for the most part, and to be honest... piece by piece I am buying a new car. Since I have had her... I have put a new fuel pump, fuel filter, brake lines, brakes, and tires all the way around, a modulater under the distributor cap, and a terminal connection. She definitely still needs some work done. I have to get sparks and wires put in here pretty soon, because she is giving me some hassles when I accelerate... at least that's what everyone is telling me it is. I give her gas, and she coughs and sputters until I let off the gas, then when I press back down, she settles down. Just had an oil change done. I use the good stuff, valvoline max life 10W 40. Only the best for my beast. Costs a little more, but it's worth it to keep her running right. I also have to have some work done to find out why she overheats every once in a while. Something is wrong with the fans, they don't kick on. My mechanic wanted to rig it to a switch in the car so if it over heated I could flick it on. I said NO. I want it fixed right. I don't have time to play with switches. So, once I get him paid off for the last bit of work he did, I'll get that fixed.
Well. That's about all I can think of. Just wanted to introduce my self and my car.

kmhebert
03-05-05, 09:53 PM
Hi Kim, do you have any pictures of your Fleetwood? I have a 1988 Brougham:
http://www.kevinhebert.com/1988cadillacbrougham.html and I think it's the best car on the road. Heh, not everyone agrees but they don't have to drive it!

Adam
03-05-05, 09:56 PM
I don't have time to play with switches.

Hate to here that.

ok ok everyone knew that was coming.

Hey, welcome to the forums :welcome: . hope everything works out alright.

kimmieh76
03-05-05, 10:34 PM
Kevin.
I hate to post a pic of my car right now. She is in serious need of a paint job... but maybe I'll get her cleaned up real good and take a few for you guys.
Pimpin... now now... I didn't say ALL switches did I? lol (I can be just as bad as you can... if not more lol)

scurling
03-05-05, 11:45 PM
What a breath or fresh air....sorry guys.

Don't worry Kim, I haven't posted too many pictures of my rides either, because whenever I have the time to take pictures, they are usually in need of a compete clean up and detailing.

Welcome to the site Kim.

Adam
03-05-05, 11:51 PM
Pimpin... now now... I didn't say ALL switches did I? lol (I can be just as bad as you can... if not more lol)

I like her! :cool: :D

FASSTWOOD
03-06-05, 04:28 PM
Welcome aboard Kim!