: Spray Paint, which is best?

Koooop
07-24-13, 10:24 PM
I haven't rattle canned anything in a long time. Which paint is best these days? I used rustolum on my big metal filing cabinet, but it dries to fast and I'm getting some dry spots. Any other brands that might have a better formula for a consistent finish?

vincentm
07-24-13, 11:04 PM
I haven't rattle canned anything in a long time. Which paint is best these days? I used rustolum on my big metal filing cabinet, but it dries to fast and I'm getting some dry spots. Any other brands that might have a better formula for a consistent finish?

Hog tie a midget to a long stick, dip it in paint, and get'r done!

Koooop
07-24-13, 11:20 PM
Nah, I tossed the Midget out the front door so he's pissed off.

----------

Maybe Ray knows?

Ranger
07-24-13, 11:25 PM
Personally I've never noticed any difference. One seems as good as the next to me.

dkozloski
07-24-13, 11:51 PM
Gold and siilver give the best buzz.

Stingroo
07-24-13, 11:54 PM
Nah, I tossed the Midget out the front door so he's pissed off.

----------

Maybe Ray knows?

Ha. That's amusing. :p

I prefer krylon's cans, personally. I was huge into spray paint space art in college for awhile, and they always did the best job (and had comfortable spray nozzles).

orconn
07-25-13, 12:04 AM
I've had good luck with Krylon products too!

Koooop
07-25-13, 01:01 AM
I used Krylon for painting a few cars a looooong time ago, but the chick at the hardware store insisted I use the Rustoleum. All the formulas have changed so much, I don't know what works anymore. Now I haz to hit the front of the cabinet with a wet sand and some Krylon to get rid of the dry spots.

orconn
07-25-13, 02:03 AM
My mother was a Krylon lady! She loved to paint flower pots gold with Krylon and just about anything else she could find that she could spray. But that all came to a halt one day when in fit of creativity she painted a picture frame gold .... unfortunately, in her pursuit of a new look for the picture frame she layed down on the hood of her white 1960 Fleetwood. No drop cloth or any other protection she end up with the silhouette of the picture frame in the middle of the poor car's hood! My mother had a running account at the local body shop and I am sure the guy who owned the shop had a better retirement because of it!

talismandave
07-25-13, 02:55 AM
The only time I use something other than Krylon is if I can't get the color I need.

Stingroo
07-25-13, 02:56 AM
Yeah the only thing Rustoleum makes that I really like is their tail light lens tint. MUCH better than the VHT nightshade crap.

CadillacLuke24
07-26-13, 03:25 AM
Krylon's clearcoat is the bomb.