: NASCAR on Dirt at Eldora!!

dkozloski
07-24-13, 09:40 PM
This is the ultimate in something. The last chance race is about to start to be followed by the main event. This is American style circle track racing at it's best for the first time in forty years. Ken Schrader at age 58 won the first qualifying race and will start the main event on the pole.

vincentm
07-24-13, 11:11 PM
Nascar =Zzzz

dkozloski
07-25-13, 12:37 AM
No racing venue in the world requires anywhere near the car control as racing on a dirt track.

orconn
07-25-13, 12:42 AM
The last time I went to a circle dirt track race I road their in a 1958 Lincoln Continental Mark III, and it was brand new!

dkozloski
07-25-13, 03:59 AM
Did you enjoy the race?

truckinman
07-25-13, 10:26 AM
I've been to eldora a bunch! Grew up only 45 min from there

Stingroo
07-25-13, 10:45 AM
Nascar =Zzzz

Broken records = zzz-zzzz-zzz-zz-z.

We get it, you don't watch the sport.

RE: thread - Damn it. I wasn't home to watch the race. Must catch replay.

dkozloski
07-25-13, 03:53 PM
You'd never guess who won the main.

StretchASU
07-25-13, 05:01 PM
Best race I've seen for any NASCAR series in a long time. Even if you're not a NASCAR fan, if your're a driver, you have to appreciate what it takes to navigate a dirt track in a #3400lb truck. Its like a permanent wet skid pad at 90+mph.

After being in the pits for a few races this year for the truck series, I will say Norm Benning is totally outgunned most weeks and his operation is pretty weak, but he showed in that LCQ that hes still a solid wheel man at 61 years old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLKfkmKjo00

Stingroo
07-25-13, 06:09 PM
You'd never guess who won the main.

Don't spoil it. I'm going to watch it on youtube or some other source tonight. :)

trailor
07-25-13, 06:21 PM
I didn't get a chance to watch this but on Saturday I am going to the Nationwide Series race in Indy through work. I might stay the night and go on Sunday too but we will see what the wife says lol.

CadillacLuke24
07-26-13, 03:30 AM
I was pleasantly surprised. I can't imagine how cool it would be if the NSCS series paid a visit. And this is off of ~4 minutes of footage.

dkozloski
07-26-13, 04:47 AM
Best race I've seen for any NASCAR series in a long time. Even if you're not a NASCAR fan, if your're a driver, you have to appreciate what it takes to navigate a dirt track in a #3400lb truck. Its like a permanent wet skid pad at 90+mph.

After being in the pits for a few races this year for the truck series, I will say Norm Benning is totally outgunned most weeks and his operation is pretty weak, but he showed in that LCQ that hes still a solid wheel man at 61 years old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLKfkmKjo00 Up until the heat race started somebody from every team was working on Norm's truck trying to get him going. It was just like a Saturday night at the fairgrounds with everybody helping everybody else.