: 1983 coup deville body question???

brazytee
03-05-05, 07:22 PM
can the front end of a 1990 cadillac fleetwood brougham be put onto a 1983 coup deville without having to cut into the frame or any other part of the '83?

i have both cars on hand and want to upgrade my 83... Im new at this car stuff but i would like to change out the front and back bumpers along with the whole front end if possible... Is this possible or do i have to take everything apart?

guidematic
03-06-05, 08:48 AM
As far as I know it can be done. The cars were structurally identical from 1980-92. If you plan on swapping the rocker trim, this will prove a challenge, going from a sedan to a coupe.

Mike

RawjaNYC
03-06-05, 12:19 PM
I had a neighbor who did just what you're setting out to do. Looked great. For the later model rocker trim, he went to a limo fabricator who was able to get him the rocker trim that they used back when they stretched those models.

If you want to do something a little easier with close to the same effect, you can just swap out the head and tail lamp assemblies. They should be a fairly straight forward change-out.

caliguy65
03-25-05, 05:05 PM
I have a 84 coupe and a 82 brougham coupe both with the 90 front and rear ends. To do the swap though you will have to use the front fenders off of the 90. Everything bolts on without a problem. You will have to rewire the lights with the 90 ones. Other than that its pretty straight forward.
For the side moldings you can do what RawjaNYC suggested if you can find a shop that has them. Out here on the west coast you cant get those from Limo shops anymore. You have to use the ones off of the four door and use fiberglass and body filler to join them and then cut them to fit the door. For the stainless molding you will have to cut it and try to reattach it with as good a seam as possible so it doesn't stick out.
Since you have the 90 car you could also change the dash. But that one is allot more complicated. It is possible though. I have one in my 82 brougham and if you need help connecting the digital dash check out the current issue of Lowrider magazine. They have a tech article in the magazine that walks you through that part of it.

brazytee
04-05-05, 02:26 AM
I have a 84 coupe and a 82 brougham coupe both with the 90 front and rear ends. To do the swap though you will have to use the front fenders off of the 90. Everything bolts on without a problem. You will have to rewire the lights with the 90 ones. Other than that its pretty straight forward.
For the side moldings you can do what RawjaNYC suggested if you can find a shop that has them. Out here on the west coast you cant get those from Limo shops anymore. You have to use the ones off of the four door and use fiberglass and body filler to join them and then cut them to fit the door. For the stainless molding you will have to cut it and try to reattach it with as good a seam as possible so it doesn't stick out.
Since you have the 90 car you could also change the dash. But that one is allot more complicated. It is possible though. I have one in my 82 brougham and if you need help connecting the digital dash check out the current issue of Lowrider magazine. They have a tech article in the magazine that walks you through that part of it.

Do you have e-mail? I have some more questions to ask if you dont mind?
brazytee@gmail.com