: Radio not showing all of my music.

phunter1
07-24-13, 07:06 PM
I have the Nav radio with the 5.1, ten speaker surround system. Recently, I got my mp3 library sorted out and tried to transfer all of my music to the hard drive. Unfortunately, it doesn't show all of the songs. It says there are 688 music files, but my computer shows 929 song files. I tried playing the music from the USB drive and it still shows only 688 songs. Looking through the owners manual it says there is a maximum of 255 folders with a hierarchy of 8 folders; each folder 18 songs or less for a maximum of 1024 files on a CD or DVD. There is no mention of this limit on the hard drive or USB flash drive. Apparently, this limit also applies to the hard drive and USB flash drive as well. Given that I have only used about 2gb of my 16gb flash drive, I'm wondering how others with extensive music libraries have gotten around this limitation, or perhaps, I'm doing something wrong. Interestingly, my other cars have no problem with this number of files.

Phil

harrynw
07-25-13, 05:54 AM
I have a 2010, so it may not be the same, but I have a USB with 3,500 songs on it. It will not see .wav files, only .mp3. Try finding what you want to listen to with 3,500. They are all in a separate folder for each CD's worth, and in sub-folders when I have more than one CD of the same band. For some reason it doesn't pick up each folders name, but all the songs show up.

phunter1
07-25-13, 09:58 AM
Nope no .wav files. 100% mp3 files. Definitely missing music. The artist and tittles don't show up in the radio song directory, nor will the songs play, but thanks for the reply. How many levels of sub folders do you have?

Phil

harrynw
07-26-13, 08:04 AM
I believe it is only two. The root has the bands name, and then the individual CD's are in a sub-directory of each band. The actual songs I guess would be a sub of the CD's.