: Where do you make most of your posts?

HotRodSaint
03-05-05, 04:05 PM
Where do your read and post on this forum from?

Adam
03-05-05, 04:08 PM
work, dont have a computer at home

slk230mb
03-05-05, 04:08 PM
I say school. I go to school in Binghamton, NY. I found the board and made most of my posts from here. When I am home during the summer, I post from there.

HRS- Can I ask why the interest?

Ralph
03-05-05, 04:11 PM
Home. How can it be called "work" if you get to go on the Forum at your occupation?? ;)

I guess now I post mostly in the CI and Lounge. (orig. that's what I thought the question would be)

HotRodSaint
03-05-05, 04:14 PM
HRS- Can I ask why the interest?

I'm curious as to where people choose to screw off! :D

turbojimmy
03-05-05, 04:36 PM
Mostly home. Work and home are kind of blurred because I work at home a couple days a week and work whenever work needs done, not really 9 to 5. So like right now, on a Saturday afternoon, I'm 'working' (actually at this very moment I'm procrastinating). I'm also popping into here on another 'puter.

I thought the question was going to be which forum, too. I post wherever I see something of interest. By using the 'New Posts' link I can peruse all the new topics. Despite there being some interesting topics there occasionally, I deliberatly stay away from the CI area for reasons I've already explained.

Jim

HotRodSaint
03-05-05, 10:39 PM
I thought the question was going to be which forum, too.

Ok, I see that I did word the heading wrongly. Sorry everyone. :disappoin

But at least it made you look! :welcome:

(But why? :hmm: )

Maybe a poll asking what section is your favorite would be useful too then?

I find it interesting that a handful of people have made the CI section more popular than the Fleetwood section. Actually, I think it's the 8th most popular section.

And it's obvious by the view counts that more people read the posts than actually respond.

So I wonder why so many lurk, but don't participate?

Ok, maybe I should leave a poll like this to the admins, since I'm considered 'controversial' by most of the moderators! :suspect:

Ralph
03-05-05, 10:39 PM
I bought a new computer basically so I could keep up to date in the CI forum. Even during the U.S. elections it was perfectly peaceful there and it's a good place for others to learn about how to respect other's opinions, etc. It's a teriffic place to learn about events and get informed if you don't know what others think on certain subjects, etc. Believe it or not, politics effects everyone's lives more than they like to know and those of us who post there regularily are people who take issues seriously that effect our lives, plus it's fun there.

I've put an awful lot of time and work in that forum and if anyone doesn't like it there are MANY others they can visit. (car forums) No need for anyone to rain on our parade.

No need for anyone to knock it if they don't use it regularily and I'm not directing this comment at anyone in particular.

:)

Ralph
03-05-05, 10:42 PM
I find it interesting that a handful of people have made the CI section more popular than the Fleetwood section. Actually, I think it's the 8th most popular section.

And it's obvious by the view counts that more people read the posts than actually respond.

So I wonder why so many lurk, but don't participate?

If I couldn't post in the CI forum about Canada's participation in the War on Terror, most people would still be clumping us with Germany and France!!! I would not be able to sit easy here listening to hatred without being able to defend the facts.

There is a need for that forum!

Dead Sled
03-05-05, 10:52 PM
I post from work sort of

I drive truck do if im stopped in a wi-fi hot spot im usualy making use of it

HotRodSaint
03-05-05, 11:02 PM
There is a need for that forum!

I think the problem is that I over particpate there Ralph. My post count has become this never ending issue with my increasing number of critics.

I'm almost certain that you have a higher post count than me in the CI section (as well as the whole damn forum!), but it's me that seems to have the big giant target painted on my back because I start the threads.

So do I stop posting? Which seems to be their real intent, even though it smacks heavily of censorship?

Or should I remain standing firm on principle and question why these people aren't particpating to add balance?

Help me Ralph (or anyone), I know you care about it as much as I.

Sorry for high jacking this thread, but it was mine anyway. ;)

Ralph
03-05-05, 11:09 PM
I think the problem is that I over particpate there Ralph. My post count has become this never ending issue with my increasing number of critics.

I'm almost certain that you have a higher post count than me in the CI section (as well as the whole damn forum!), but it's me that seems to have the big giant target painted on my back because I start the threads.

So do I stop posting? Which seems to be their real intent, even though it smacks heavily of censorship?

Or should I remain standing firm on principle and question why these people aren't particpating to add balance?

No need to stop posting imo. I would suggest EVERYONE just follows the rules and that included no religion threads or sex preference, etc.

If someone is becomming an annoyance, just red tag the thread and remain silent. We have to be able to defend our points peacefully and without flaming. That forum will be censored more heavily and I have no problem with that because we know the rules.

Therefore NO ONE else should have a problem with us posting there IF we follow the rules and keep it peaceful as it has been 99.9 % of the time. If I see anyone going into that forum to deliberately start trouble I will call them out, red tag and hopefully there will be discipline like a temporary banning if need be. That's why I'm all for a 1,000 post minimun so that we get to know the people here and can trust they will have a meaningful, logical response to a thread.

Remember, there are more arguements in the car forums simply because there are more people going there and that's where most people are anyway.

I've learned so much on that forum and I want to continue!

HotRodSaint
03-05-05, 11:23 PM
If I see anyone going into that forum to deliberately start trouble...

Does that seem to be a trend to you? People entering it with the sole mission to start crap so it will be shut down? :confused:

Ralph
03-05-05, 11:32 PM
Does that seem to be a trend to you? People entering it with the sole mission to start crap so it will be shut down? :confused:

2 people in the same thread ever since that thread of Sandy's saying he didn't like it there. It was reported. But people are entitled to their opinions while they are there. Aren't they? As long as we keep on respecting each other and abide by the rules of the entire forum I don't want to see any changes from what we have now, and there doesn't have to be imo.

Dead Sled
03-05-05, 11:32 PM
hey ralph how did you pass elwesso in post whoring? :D

Ralph
03-05-05, 11:38 PM

By getting into arguemen....er....um........I mean discussing things in the CI forum. :D

:shhh: ;)

illumina
03-05-05, 11:48 PM
Part of the poll should have read "all of the above," which is where I post from.

Although I really don't post from work because I have to keep things running smoothly and besides, my laptop is broken. I have done so before when I first really started posting here but I had a real job under other people in those days.

Once I fix the good old laptop, I'll make an effort to post from the job too (wireless internet perhaps?), which won't be a problem because I have my own hours and I don't charge by the hour.

HotRodSaint
03-05-05, 11:48 PM
By getting into arguemen....er....um........I mean discussing things in the CI forum. :D

:yeah:

(Isn't that how it's really done Ralph?)

HotRodSaint
03-05-05, 11:50 PM

What amazes me, is that Katshot left for a long period of time and he's still way ahead on me.

Maybe I should increase my threads in the CI section, huh? :p

Or post :yeah: , in every thread for the next two weeks.

HotRodSaint
03-05-05, 11:51 PM
Part of the poll should have read "all of the above," which is where I post from.

I didn't think of that. And adding a "mobile" section would have been good too.

crockone
03-05-05, 11:58 PM
cts forum.

Dead Sled
03-06-05, 12:01 AM
when I left for Iraq i was #2 behind kcnewel i come back and im 5000 posts behind and now im off the first page. shut up you post whores and let me catch up :D

HotRodSaint
03-06-05, 12:11 AM
when I left for Iraq i was #2 behind kcnewel i come back and im 5000 posts behind and now im off the first page. shut up you post whores and let me catch up :D

They should give you the 5000 posts for serving our country! :thumbsup:

Ralph
03-06-05, 12:21 AM

I'll trade posts with ya!

I going to have to start over with a different name when I hit 10,000 just out of embarrassment! :shhh:

klebrun
03-06-05, 01:04 AM

I want you in there HRS. You post alot of interesting articles, and I enjoy the debates that go along with them. I get to read and learn about things that maybe my local news won't cover. If you weren't posting in that forum, it would be pretty dull, and I wouldn't visit this website as much.

I have found the debates between you and Gothica extremely interesting. You both hit each other with facts in your discussions, and sometimes I log in just to see where you two are at in your debates. Unfortunately, I have been working alot of overtime lately, and sometimes can't get to the computer for days at a time.

When the discussions in there get a little heated, we all just need to remember to argue our points with facts, not anger or personal attacks. Otherwise, the hammer comes down and we lose that forum, and I don't want to see that happen.

HotRodSaint
03-06-05, 03:13 AM
I want you in there HRS.

Thanks Klebrun, I really appreciate the support! :worship: