: Looking a options for 2008 STS preformance

studio caddi
07-24-13, 06:15 PM
I was just wondering if my best option to improve my 2009 STS with the 4.6 Northstar V8 would be to just swap the engine with either a LSA or an LS9 . My big question is what motor would work best with an automatic transmission since I can't swap in a manual due to the fact that I have arthritis and can't work a clutch ?

1BadCadSTS
07-24-13, 06:20 PM
Step 1 remove vin plate

Step 2 buy CTS-v

Step 3 rivet vin plate over CTS-v vin plate

Seriously man I'm all for performance and modding my car but you have 4 threads all about modifying your car which are either completely ludicrous or you must be very well off financially with extreme amounts of free time.

I'm one of the few people that modify these cars and honestly curtc mad tuner and myself are the only ones who I can think of that modify. Search and read you'll find very little sadly.

turnne
07-25-13, 07:54 AM
Step 2 sounds like the plan to me

Warren

Charles Warren
07-25-13, 09:10 AM
Step 1 remove vin plate

Step 2 buy CTS-v

Step 3 rivet vin plate over CTS-v vin plate

Seriously man I'm all for performance and modding my car but you have 4 threads all about modifying your car which are either completely ludicrous or you must be very well off financially with extreme amounts of free time.

I'm one of the few people that modify these cars and honestly curtc mad tuner and myself are the only ones who I can think of that modify. Search and read you'll find very little sadly.whats all done to yours?

studio caddi
07-25-13, 02:07 PM
whats all done to yours?[/QUOTE]

The STS I'm currently asking about has nothing done to it yet I am just asking questions and advice about mods right now so I can formulate a plan of all the work I will be having done to it . I always try to explore every option when modifying any car and ask a bunch of questions so I can chose the best path possible when modifying any car .

1BadCadSTS
07-25-13, 02:15 PM
He was asking me. Hence the quoting me.

Volant
Corsa
E&g grille
GM accessory tails and chmsl
GM China SLS export led reverse lamps
Blue HVAC mod (1st one to do it)
V brembos (again a 1st currently removed due to need of new rotors/wheels to clear gt500s)
V series sway bar (again 1st with poly bushings)
08+ strut brace (1st)
Full led lighting
Smoked export marker repeater lamps
V series door panels and center console (1st)
Mad tuner ECM TCM and EBTCM tunes (2nd awd tune on ECM TCM 1st awd and beta tester for the EBTCM)
Tomm lock pick
Upac STS with HDRT and Blustar
GM accessory all weather mats

Mods yet to install
V hood (have needs painted still)
E&g egx body kit (have as well been too lazy to install yet)
HUD (need to buy cluster switch and upper defrost vent)
Reinstall brembos (again need new wheels to clear)
V series springs

I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting

But I don't deserve my car nor know a thing about modding them... Egh oh well!

I won't even start listing the mods on my 98 SLP Camaro SS

Charles Warren
07-25-13, 02:25 PM
who said you dont deserve your car lmao??? i wanna do hud i just wish this car was cheap like a gtp then i would do all the things alot quicker hahaha, i really wanna see somebody buy headers and install them. i never got a madtuner tune smh im just as lazy lol. but i will admit nothing has gave me an issues besides the rear diff bushing and a water pump that takes 20 mins to install, well alt but that was my own fault why it went out. i do need to do v brace and brakes along with poly bushings, all ive done was made it sound like a cobra on roids lol, blame the intake and exhaust (no cats, xpipe res delete and spiroflo mufflers). its in the paintbooth as i type hmmmmmm

1BadCadSTS
07-25-13, 02:30 PM
Studio and I had a little rivalry last night. Because I told him he's expecting the impossible when he claims his dealer tech friend of 20 years is gonna boost his N*. Something we all know the dealer cannot do. He had a little tantrum name called and insisted I have no idea what I'm talking about and have no knowledge about this car and don't deserve one. I just let him go on his own now.

Charles Warren
07-25-13, 04:18 PM
I believe a paxton novi 1000 can go on a lh2 if I had the $$$ I would attempt but I'm broke before govt furlough lol. But imma a pimp so fur still hang low

1BadCadSTS
07-25-13, 04:26 PM
I'm still frim in believeing the lc3 will work just fine on the lh2. Sadly I don't think ill ever go that far with mine.

Ludacrisvp
07-25-13, 04:27 PM
Blue HVAC mod (1st one to do it)
Was this 'as simple as' just desoldering the orange SMD LEDs and soldering in white ones?
If so what were the specs of the new LEDs? (I previously changed out all the instrument panel lights with LEDs in my Monte Carlo due to burnouts of the filaments)
Any chance you would do your DIC as well?

Also, did you pick up a set of SLS china mudflaps?

1BadCadSTS
07-25-13, 04:50 PM
Negative was going to but they won't work with the egx kit so I cancelled them

As for hvac yes. It was a pain to disassemble they have a white plastic defuser which I had to trim to be able to remove it and gain access to the LEDs but after that it was just a solder job.

I post pics of it a long time ago if you search treads started by me.

1BadCadSTS
07-25-13, 06:45 PM
Found it

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/250303-spot-mod.html