: New Cadillac emblem ?

Snotty Boom Body
07-24-13, 07:13 PM
There's talk that Caddy is going to get rid of the wreaths around their emblem on 2015 cars because they think potential yuppy buyers see it as old fashioned and not in tune with the times.
I think it looks fine the way it is but then again I'm not a yuppy.

Any thoughts about the potential change ?

SBB

Caddilack
07-24-13, 07:19 PM
FYI, this has been posted before (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-news-concepts-future-models-rumors/333346-cadillac-news-cadillac-logo-losing-its.html).

MoistCabbage
07-24-13, 07:25 PM
There are several threads on this subject throughout the forums, I think for the most part, members here don't like the idea.

Last time they changed it (late '90's/early 2000's), they used the new emblem on some models, the old one on others. Wonder if they'll do that this time.

One of my local dealers just moved into a brand new building several weeks ago, wonder if they'll change their signs and emblem on the building.

PNBLWZD
07-24-13, 09:43 PM
It's actually different from the old days already. When I was a kid my parents had a 1967 coupe de ville, and the small areas of the current sheid used to have tiny ducks in them!

Snotty Boom Body
07-24-13, 10:21 PM
I wonder what the ducks were for ?

dennych
07-24-13, 10:30 PM
WTF? that's it. I'm selling my V because of this :(

actually not that big a deal. Logos change all the time ;)

GMX322V S/C
07-24-13, 10:49 PM
I wonder what the ducks were for ?

They were part of the namesake family's coat of arms.

DCV
07-24-13, 10:50 PM
Got to face the fact the the Millennials are taking over, and the 50 and above crowd is getting smaller.....the M's want their own things and don't care about past emblems or tradition. So companies are going to market to them to get their dollars.

MoistCabbage
07-24-13, 10:59 PM
The birds are actually marlets.

mik2718
07-25-13, 12:11 AM
They must've been thinking ahead, since in some interpretations marlets are swifts.

dennych
07-25-13, 04:11 AM
don't forget there used to be a really tacky crown :)

MoistCabbage
07-25-13, 04:16 AM
I like the "crown". Then again, I like FAR more classic Cadillacs than modern ones.

Random84
07-25-13, 07:53 AM
change can be good.

If you change things in a positive way, it can bring new light and appreciation to older products. I'll wait to see the logo before passing judgement, but I'm not too worried about it.

neuronbob
07-25-13, 01:37 PM
All this concern about the logo....Cadillac changes it about every ten years on average. In fact, they are running a little behind. I like the current logo but the one from the 90's wasn't too bad, either. Doesn't really affect my purchase much.

neuronbob
07-25-13, 07:30 PM
http://home.iag.net/~middlebr/crest.html

A thorough history of the Cadillac logo including a study of the original Cadillac family crest from the early 1700's. I was interested in what the divisions and symbols on the crest were, and Google led me to the above page. It's a cool read!

Gman1023
07-25-13, 07:41 PM
I personally like the old style better but it would not affect my decision to buy a car, least of all a V. The logo has changed many times in the past as others have pointed out, and even the wreath has come and gone depending on model/trim. If they do phase it out it will likely come back eventually.

Snotty Boom Body
07-25-13, 08:08 PM
http://home.iag.net/~middlebr/crest.html

A thorough history of the Cadillac logo including a study of the original Cadillac family crest from the early 1700's. I was interested in what the divisions and symbols on the crest were, and Google led me to the above page. It's a cool read!

Nice find

So it looks like the ducks were shot and killed off around 2000

The article says that the wreath was started on the 63 Eldorado but if you look in the beginning of the story it looks like it was used in 1906 too.
Kinda looks like a wreath around the crest

I didn't know that Cadillac was French like Chevrolet, that's too bad.

CavemanB52
07-26-13, 12:09 AM
I agree. French=bad. But there are also some bad ass Frenchmen from centuries past. Especially the Crusaders. If simply for their bravery. I can identify with that. What a proud history. Any form of the symbol will be cool with me. Cause they all mean and represent the same thing. Cant wait to see it.

Jeckste1
07-31-13, 02:48 AM
Great find, thanks!

thebigjimsho
08-08-13, 02:35 AM
The French make awesome tires!

Snotty Boom Body
08-08-13, 06:46 AM
Good fries and toast too

RippyPartsDept
08-08-13, 11:52 AM
wine, cheese, croissants, daft punk, the guillotine, the metric system, white wedding dresses, bikinis, braille, the statue of liberty... the list goes on

Jinx
08-08-13, 01:46 PM
Note to Cadillac: quit fussing with the emblem and get back to building and launching great cars. Don't make Bob Lutz come down there and smack you around again.