: How was YOUR Wednesday ?

Submariner409
07-24-13, 05:12 PM
1230 today - K Mart parking lot. Picking up some garden supplies. Parked in the boondocks. Come out with a cart full of stuff to find this - no note, no witnesses, nothing. There WAS a truck full of 2 X 4's nearby, tailgate down, when I parked, gone when I came out.

Call State Farm. Covered ($250 deductible) under MD uninsured motorist act. Call Jeff's Body Shop...... They confer with State Farm - "Repair it with all GM parts and detail the entire paint job." Goes in August 5. New fender: The hard body line stamping is kinked and the body shop says it would never look right without total replacement/matching.

The entire car was virgin and now it's deflowered. Would you believe just how angry I am ???

77CDV
07-24-13, 05:17 PM
Between you and Faith, it's not been a good month to take our Caddys shopping! :(

Kingoftypos
07-24-13, 05:47 PM
That sucks. Did you see of they have camera coverage? Idk about MD laws, but you may need a lawyer to have the store check for coverage. Give the guy $20 for his trouble. It might be worth while to look into. Or have the cops look into camera coverage.

KOT

orconn
07-24-13, 06:16 PM
I know how you feel, after spending a lot to have a nice paint job put on my Alfa only to find it keyed from front to back. It would have been bad enough if the car had been damaged by accident, but to have its' finish ruined on purpose just made it that much worse.

I hoe the repairs to your Seville STS will turn out to your satisfaction. Maybe you should have rifled racked in your rear window like you truck!

MoistCabbage
07-24-13, 07:07 PM
That SUCKS sub. I felt the same when my neighbor crushed the quarter panel on my (previously) all original Vigor. At least the fender is easily replaceable, and there will be no filler on the car.

ryannel2003
07-24-13, 09:00 PM
I really hate that for you Sub. I hope the repairs turn out looking good... my STS's paint was never the same after a girl backed into mine a few years back.

Submariner409
07-24-13, 09:28 PM
It's a downer, for sure - but the guys at Jeff's Body are so good that I won't worry. All 19 of them, from the secretary to the owner, are builders/drivers/modifiers in the Kent Island Cruisers. I'll either eat my hat or sing around 10 July - pics to be posted.

Cadillac Kid03
07-24-13, 09:30 PM
Sorry to see the STS like this! I'v dealt with someone scraping the rear bumper and not even leaving a note Sucks. Hope all goes well at the shop at'least! Also to add i almost hit a car today in the Seville head was pounding and i guess i just did not see it coming out. So i'm with you on the crummy Wednesday.

Ranger
07-24-13, 09:55 PM
OUCH!

DO NOT let the insurance Co. put a used fender on it if you can at all avoid it. Been there, done that. Two years later it had to be replaced under warranty. Problem was the insurance co. and the body shop where arguing over who was responsible and who was going to warranty it. Never again.

ben.gators
07-24-13, 10:58 PM
I can remember that a few years ago you posted a thread with a similar title; I think it was something like "how was your day", and in that thread you explained how you injured your finger while you were working on an engine.

This time when I saw the title, I knew something bad has happened! The interesting part is last time, when you yourself were injured, you weren't this upset! But I understand, I prefer a scratch on my arm, rather than on my Cadillac! :D

vincentm
07-24-13, 11:02 PM
This makes me angry. Ima go take my anger out on a Prius.

Where's my bazooka..

Naw but seriously that sucks Jim, definately keep us updated.

Faith76
07-25-13, 12:36 AM
That makes me want to vomit and cry. I'm sorry that happened to you too. :mad: My BF brush touched mine today just until he can spray it next weekend because I'd get upset every time I saw the paint chipped. I went to a cruise in and kissed a bunch of senior citizen gentlemen (BF calls them my "car show boyfriends")on their cheeks and won a ten dollar gas card, so my day was OK. Maybe we should start a parking lot protection brigade like neighborhood watch. Cadillac Calvary or something.

orconn
07-25-13, 12:40 AM
^^^ Knights Cadlar! To smite the heathen who dare to despoil our Cadillacs!

Faith76
07-25-13, 12:58 AM
^^^ Knights Cadlar! To smite the heathen who dare to despoil our Cadillacs!

Aye... 'tis perfect!

STS_Seville_Hunter
07-25-13, 03:20 AM
Right before I stopped driving it in may my Eldo got creamed in the door at idle speed by a f750, having no insurance however I was assed out...

Aron9000
07-25-13, 07:25 AM
Some idiot did open their door into my pristine Lexus SC last month. Luckily it didn't chip the paint, but it did leave a nice ding in the pass side rear quarter. First door ding that car had in 20 years and 68,000 miles, I was pretty damn pissed. Mainly because I didn't notice it until I washed it later that week, no idea where it occured.

I know the rage you feel, its like somebody sucker punched you in the face, laid you out on the ground, and ran off. You can't hit them back but are so ****ing angry that if you ever found them you'd straight **** them up to where they would never forget what they did.

MoistCabbage
07-25-13, 07:28 AM
:yeah:

:histeric:

Hoosier Daddy
07-25-13, 09:31 AM
Some idiot did open their door into my pristine Lexus SC last month. Luckily it didn't chip the paint, but it did leave a nice ding in the pass side rear quarter. First door ding that car had in 20 years and 68,000 miles, I was pretty damn pissed. Mainly because I didn't notice it until I washed it later that week, no idea where it occured.

I know the rage you feel, its like somebody sucker punched you in the face, laid you out on the ground, and ran off. You can't hit them back but are so ****ing angry that if you ever found them you'd straight **** them up to where they would never forget what they did.
And if you never do find them turn to a life of evil just to make sure they can't escape you for ever by going to hell.

Submariner409
07-25-13, 10:46 AM
I can remember that a few years ago you posted a thread with a similar title; I think it was something like "how was your day", and in that thread you explained how you injured your finger while you were working on an engine.

That was when I removed the entire fingernail and 3/8" of the tip of my left ring finger - stuck it into the alternator fan on the boat engine. Karen and I found the pieces, pushed it all together, wrapped a paper towel around it and the doc at the local emergency room did a magnificent job of sewing it all back together. You can still see some black rubber belt dust in the slight scars ..........

Faith76
07-25-13, 11:12 AM
That sounds like a pretty awesome scar at least.

Submariner409
07-25-13, 01:29 PM
Actually, not so "awesome". Doc Zinga (yes, Zinga) did a wonderful job of sewing 5 pieces back together - you have to stare really hard to see that the finger - nail and first joint - are a bit different from the rest. The black rubber dust is evident in the barely perceptible scar line around and under the tip - the fingerprint area.

The nasty part was - every day for 2 weeks - peeling off the Betadine pad from the missing fingernail area and soaking it in peroxide. That was, ummm....... exquisite. He took out the stitches - 12 - in 10 days and I never felt a twinge. The fingernail grew back just fine, but it's 1/8" shorter that the rest......... that took a while.

Jeff's Body just called - their fender men want to attempt to pull/push/heat/hammer the dent back into shape before deciding to replace the entire fender. I gave them the OK - it all starts Aug. 5............ One fender man said it's at least worth a try, but in any event, State Farm has already authorized a complete new replacement, so we'll see how it goes.

thebigjimsho
07-25-13, 05:13 PM
Sorry to read about this, Jim. It just sickens me how people can be so careless and wicked...

02603sec
07-25-13, 11:38 PM
Boondock parking for me all the time. Sorry about the mishap. i just had the nose on my Nassau Blue C5 painted. Looked good. a guy with a zero turn backed into it. insurance.. Tsk tsk. i did see a tesla wedged into a spot today. Made me sick.

Faith76
07-25-13, 11:57 PM
Don't get me started on those Teslas. I've been drinking beer and mowing the lawn all day. Why can't I have an electric riding mower?

vincentm
07-26-13, 12:38 AM
Don't get me started on those Teslas. I've been drinking beer and mowing the lawn all day. Why can't I have an electric riding mower?
:cool:

truckinman
07-26-13, 03:09 AM
Sorry to hear that, Sub! Some people are down right idiots (trying to keep family friendly!). Happened to me my senior year in high school in the school parking lot, and no one witnessed it! My poor 1993 t-bird! It WAS in mint condition before that. Ice blue in color. Loved that car.

CadillacLuke24
07-26-13, 03:38 AM
Be it tires at night or a fender in broad daylight, there's a special evil awaiting these jerks who do this crap.

Sorry to see the STS blemished for the first time Jim :(

Best wishes getting it back and better than new!

basscatt
07-28-13, 10:18 PM
YEP - that's enough to piss-off the Pope!

Submariner409
08-04-13, 07:06 PM
0800 tomorrow morning dropoff @ Jeff's AutoBody. They did all the paint color spectrometry Friday afternoon, 3-part paint & clearcoat will arrive Monday PM, another consult with the fender men (and woman). Sort of like going to the dentist .......

Hoosier Daddy
08-04-13, 07:20 PM
Good luck with them.

93DevilleUSMC
08-04-13, 09:18 PM
I hope it gets fixed, Sub.

Submariner409
08-04-13, 10:05 PM
Thanks - busy week - the car is one item, but the work crew arrives here at 0800 to remove all the insulation from between the joisting in the crawl space, spray for mold/mildew/bacteria, replace 8 pilasters/jacks, lay drain piping around the foundation inner perimeter, backfill that, level the crawl space, install a large sump pump/alarm system module at the low point, fill around that with drain gravel and then encapsulate the entire crawl space from the footer to the top block. 5 men, 8 days. A mere $14,000 job.

93DevilleUSMC
08-04-13, 10:08 PM
The hits just keep on coming for you, don't they?

Submariner409
08-04-13, 10:35 PM
Nah ............ Takin' care of business. One of the pitfalls of being a homeowner (This one for 27 years).

orconn
08-04-13, 11:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your damp (wet), but with all the rain we have had this Spring and Summer you are not the Lone Ranger!

93DevilleUSMC
08-05-13, 02:58 AM
Nah ............ Takin' care of business. One of the pitfalls of being a homeowner (This one for 27 years).

Stuff happens, but at least you're not in a bind.

Submariner409
08-05-13, 08:20 AM
Sorry to hear about your damp (wet), but with all the rain we have had this Spring and Summer you are not the Lone Ranger!

Not only the rain (we're 7 inches ahead of last year so far) but the water table on Kent Island...............

25 years ago old farmer Philip Davidson drove his white Ford pickup down the road and we chatted. He looked at me with a bloodshot eye and said "Red, Y'know why they is trees still in here ?" I replied "It's a wooded plot". He chuckled and replied "Naw ! I sold them acres 60 years ago because it was too wet to plow."

He was a heck of a man - Born on Kent Island in 1899 and died in 2003, so he lived in 3 centuries ! The Davidson name is all over the island.

Aztec ETC ECS
08-06-13, 11:27 AM
I know a PDR guy that has fixed similar damage. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it for myself.

Submariner409
08-06-13, 04:14 PM
Truth ^^^

I had 2 quarter-sized smooth dings in the truck passenger door - a PDR man worked them out in nothing flat and there is no way on earth you can tell - from any angle in any light - that there was ever something wrong. The work is magic.

I suspect that similar technique is/was used on the STS fender. The shop called at 3 and the paintwork is done ! They're going to detail the car and other paintwork tomorrow AM, should be ready tomorrow PM............ Now I'll be scared to drive it. (Hah !)

Aztec ETC ECS
08-06-13, 04:39 PM
Now I'll be scared to drive it. (Hah !)
I used to think like that, but I talked myself into the fact that it's just a car.

And it's not what you do to the car, it's what everyone else does to it.

Submariner409
08-07-13, 05:31 PM
Went to Jeff's Auto Body at 3:45. Car ready. In the sunlight and under fluorescent light there is absolutely no way anyone could tell that the fender was ever dented. The paintwork is a flawless dead-nuts perfect match, as are the original two-tone accent stripes. Not one speck of dust anywhere - engine is as clean as when it went in. Happy camper. I was apprehensive ............ they washed, waxed, buffed the whole car. Shameless plug: Jeff's Auto Body, Chester, MD 21619.
(The young man that ushered me to the storage garage said "Mister, that's an awesome exhaust system !") :cloud9:

I'd still like to catch the clown with the prefrontal lobotomy that whacked it in the first place.

vincentm
08-07-13, 05:39 PM
Good to hear, glad it's back to its perfect state. Now can you donate towards my paint job fund? :p

Submariner409
08-07-13, 05:48 PM
The leftovers are Crimson Pearl Metallic - :sneaky:

orconn
08-07-13, 08:25 PM
^^^ Great news, Sub. Glad their work turned out well.

Ranger
08-07-13, 09:50 PM
:thumbsup: Great news Jim. Went back and looked at the picture in post #1. I'm still amazed that they where able to straighten that.

talismandave
08-07-13, 10:01 PM
Good to hear, glad it's back to its perfect state. Now can you donate towards my paint job fund? :p

The leftovers are Crimson Pearl Metallic - :sneaky:

Might make a cool two-tone?:bulb:

Sub, I'm glad to hear she is ship shape and Bristol fashion!

vincentm
08-07-13, 11:33 PM
:thumbsup: Great news Jim. Went back and looked at the picture in post #1. I'm still amazed that they where able to straighten that.

Some body work skills just cant be taught.

thebigjimsho
08-08-13, 12:16 AM
Great to hear! Hard to find great shops these days...

cadillac kevin
08-08-13, 01:10 AM
Might make a cool two-tone?:bulb:

Sub, I'm glad to hear she is ship shape and Bristol fashion!

Crimson pearl scallops :)

Faith76
08-08-13, 01:53 AM
How much and of what kind do you need. I'll pilfer it from the garage before I leave... I have tiny cans of ice pearl I make nail polish with. House of Kolor candies... you name it

----------

How much and of what kind do you need. I'll pilfer it from the garage before I move to WA... I have tiny cans of ice pearl I make nail polish with. House of Kolor candies... you name it

gdwriter
08-08-13, 02:47 AM
This bodywork is Hoover approved!

MoistCabbage
08-08-13, 03:07 AM
:thumbsup: Great news Jim. Went back and looked at the picture in post #1. I'm still amazed that they where able to straighten that.It's amazing what some shops can straighten:

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m538/moistcabbage/04162627.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/moistcabbage/media/04162627.jpg.html)

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m538/moistcabbage/Vigor/18.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/moistcabbage/media/Vigor/18.jpg.html)

No pics of the car all polished up sub? Glad it's back as it should be :thumbsup: .

Submariner409
10-04-13, 03:16 PM
Go back to Post #1 ................ then compare. Click a thumbnail to enlarge, use your browser <- to back out.

The color washout on the front end of the fender is an overhead incandescent spotlamp - both pics.

Many thanks to Jeff's Auto Body, Chester (Kent Island) MD.

orconn
10-04-13, 03:49 PM
I sailed a regatta out of Chester, MD back in the mid fifties. Stayed over night in the ballroom of a big old farm house while there. Also used to sail out of Chester on the my friends the Lippincott's schooner during another Summer.

Submariner409
10-04-13, 06:56 PM
Lippincott Marine is still going strong. I used to do yacht deliveries and surveys for them. It's half surrounded by upscale condos now - "Oyster Cove". You would not even remotely recognize the area now - the last 26 years have seen the yuppies and "come heres" descend.