: Escalade EXT / Formula 1 Pinnacle Ceramic Tint Question

clk199
07-24-13, 03:40 PM
I know tinting has been talked about in excess here, but I am looking for some specific info I hope the forum can help me with.

My Truck- Escalade EXT in Black
My Current tint- Front- Formula 1 Pinnacle Ceramic 15%
Rear- Formula 1 Pinnacle Ceramic 15% (Over factory smoked glass)

The tint place did a great job, and overall it looks good..., but still a little light for my taste. I have been kicking the idea of starting over with 5% everywhere, but the tint shop mentioned I would have to go "down" a grade in tint, and ceramic would not be an option. In order to do 5% everywhere, I would have to go to a metalized (spelling?) and may cause reception issues with cell phone any other electronic gadgets. They are happy to do it of course, but cautioned me to sleep on it.

I thought for sure Formula one came in 5% ceramic, and now am concerned with reception and tint quality issues. I wonder if "doubling" the 15% is an option, but without talking with them, thats probably a poor solution as well.

Any thoughts about my situation?
Thanks!
nate

hcvone
07-24-13, 04:15 PM
On all my cars I have window tint from Germany and it is metalize, their words not mine, my installer many years ago told me that with this tint I would have radio and Nav issues per the manufacturer warnings, been using it for 20 plus years and never had an issue, and have Nav in every car & truck

clk199
07-24-13, 06:37 PM
^ Thanks for the insight! I rechecked with the tint man, and I misunderstood him. He said the Formula 1 Pinnacle series DOES come in 5%, but he does not carry it because no one choose it... that client base would rather opt for mid-level tint. I did find someone about 50 miles that carries it, I just need to decide whether it is worth it!

toygar
07-25-13, 02:09 AM
u might as well just paint the windows with black paint and go for %0 all around

MrHolland
07-25-13, 06:06 AM
^^^Why??

MoistCabbage
07-25-13, 06:16 AM
Sarcasm.

toygar
07-25-13, 04:57 PM
a cargo escalade conversion :P

Singh G
07-27-13, 11:38 PM
Doubling 15% will make it darker than 5%.

This is mine with llumar ceramic 15% on driver and passenger fronts; llumar air blue 80 everywhere else. I love the match and very happy with the darkness.

Mr.SWAG
07-28-13, 01:37 PM
I got 3% on all my window's except the driver and passenger. . My driver and passenger windows are at 20%.. and my front banner is 3% . You cant see in my car at all especially the back windows cause I put 3% over the factory tints so can pretty much call the back 0% lol I will post a pic

Mr.SWAG
07-28-13, 04:05 PM