: I have a 2013 SRX that shifts funny.

indianabud
07-24-13, 07:53 AM
It has a hesitation between first and second. Does anyone else have this prpblem? My 2011 SRX didn't do this nor my wife's CTS Sports Wagon.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-24-13, 08:42 AM
It has a hesitation between first and second. Does anyone else have this prpblem? My 2011 SRX didn't do this nor my wife's CTS Sports Wagon.

Hello indianabud,

I apologize for the hesitation you are experiencing with your SRX. If you private message me and include your VIN, I am more than happy to help research this on your behalf.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

tph123
07-25-13, 12:04 PM
I had this same problem the first 2K miles which was purely city driving with short freeway jaunts. Then went on a 1K road trip and no longer see this happening anymore and very smooth. What I was told, or more of what they were trying to convince me of, is that the car was still learning and now it's done... :hmm:

TheCaptain
07-26-13, 10:13 AM
The transmission does have a 'learn' function, and from the factory the torque converter is a bit... lazy.
Drive it for a month and it should smooth out.

Although, the lag between shifts shouldn't last for more than a half second (approx). If its more than that, there is an issue.